GT Vs. VT.. predictions?

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Man, key ACC games are so hard to predict. Georgia Tech will whip FSU away one week and lose to Duke in Atlanta the next. I went to Ga Tech (MBA is from Bama) and really dislike the Hokies after they got undue ESPN love for 10-15 years just because of Michael Vick. Beamer's a good, maybe even great coach, but not excellent. No Virginia school will ever recruit well enough to make that matter and fill the space they keep that says "reserved for National Championship trophy". I'd love to see that dusty space today. My Jackets have five, including the highest score ever, and my Tide, well, #15 couldn't be more probable.

The Hokies cheer pretty loud and fill their incredibly rural stadium up. Jackets have QB Tevan Washington back. He's pretty good with the triple option and early last season he looked capable of completing a forward pass. However, despite having the best receiver since Calvin Johnson that ability never panned out. I hate to say it, but giving Beamer and his overrated defensive coordinator 9 months to prepare for Paul Johnson's offense probably doesn't bode well for the Jackets. Turkeys by a TD or less but they win.

GA Tech is such a finnicky team, as someone else stated. they will put up 70 against somebody like UNC, and then squeak by somebody like Kansas. I do think that this would be a different outcome if it were in the middle of the year. I like Va Tech at home by a touchdown 27-20

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Man, key ACC games are so hard to predict. Georgia Tech will whip FSU away one week and lose to Duke in Atlanta the next. I went to Ga Tech (MBA is from Bama) and really dislike the Hokies after they got undue ESPN love for 10-15 years just because of Michael Vick. Beamer's a good, maybe even great coach, but not excellent. No Virginia school will ever recruit well enough to make that matter and fill the space they keep that says "reserved for National Championship trophy". I'd love to see that dusty space today. My Jackets have five, including the highest score ever, and my Tide, well, #15 couldn't be more probable.

The Hokies cheer pretty loud and fill their incredibly rural stadium up. Jackets have QB Tevan Washington back. He's pretty good with the triple option and early last season he looked capable of completing a forward pass. However, despite having the best receiver since Calvin Johnson that ability never panned out. I hate to say it, but giving Beamer and his overrated defensive coordinator 9 months to prepare for Paul Johnson's offense probably doesn't bode well for the Jackets. Turkeys by a TD or less but they win.
VT's campus is probably the most isolated in the whole eastern US. AU doesn't have any town to speak of also, but you can at least get away to reasonable urban areas from there. If you go to VT, your hobby'd better be hiking in the mountains. (Not that that would bother me...) :D

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
VT's campus is probably the most isolated in the whole eastern US. AU doesn't have any town to speak of also, but you can at least get away to reasonable urban areas from there. If you go to VT, your hobby'd better be hiking in the mountains. (Not that that would bother me...) :D
True. When I lived in SW Virginia I went to a few VT games because tickets were free and it was college football (even if it was ACC). Blacksburg is a pretty place but five minutes outside of town and it's a different world.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
True. When I lived in SW Virginia I went to a few VT games because tickets were free and it was college football (even if it was ACC). Blacksburg is a pretty place but five minutes outside of town and it's a different world.
And the student body is only about 4% African American. The surrounding population is less...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
And the student body is only about 4% African American. The surrounding population is less...

I've always wanted to visit up there. The VA mountains are just beautiful. I remember seeing a documentary about a big ATF bust where practically an entire mountain town in western VA was busted for moonshine operations. Different world up in those hills. Same in east Tennessee.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.