Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Based on what I have seen so far, I think the Aggies are probably at about the same level as MSU right now (tied for 4 in the league). If Auburn cant be what they did today, they cant beat anyone in the conference (Ole Miss and Vandy included).

Mizzou is probably third in the East behind UGA and SoCarolina.

Bottom line though, if these teams want to really compete in the SEC, they are going have to build teams that can play in the SEC in the 4th Qtr. Both teams were completely spent once the 4th Qtr started as a result of the physical play.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Yeah...Missouri will be very beat up by the end of the season. They clearly don't have the necessary talent beyond the 1st string.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonCrusade's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Neither team belongs and neither team will compete.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant. (Let them hate, so long as they fear.)" - Lucius Accicus

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

They both looked ok early in the game. Then they got to see what "big boy football" is really like.

Humility is a virtue they both need to study.
    "He's crazy, Doc. He won't fly with me. I take good care of him, but he won't. He's crazy, alright."
    "There, that's proof, isn't it?. They all say I'm crazy."
    "They're crazy."
    "Then why don't you ground them?"
    "Why don't they ask?"
    "Because they're crazy, that's why."
    "Of course they're crazy. I just told you that. You can't let crazy people decide if you are crazy or not, can you?"

BamaNation First Team TheOysterMan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

As far as the first 22 guys go, they have the talent to be upper-middle of their divisions. but the depth is a huge concern for them. On a seperate note, I have develped a very strong distaste for Missouri and I wouldn't mind seeing them get trampled in every game they play.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I noticed as the games wore on they wore out. They both have high paced type offenses but with SEC football it's a marathon. Both teams have talent but they aren't built to slug it out over the long haul.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-American CoastGhost's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I saw two teams that came to play and predict both will eventually do fine in the conference. Both showed the prerequisite rabid fanbase and both learned today that strength and conditioning as well as team depth actually mean something in the SEC and our games are 60 minutes long vs 45. I am glad to have them.

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They better recruit good and get some depth or they will always be middle to low tier SEC teams.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader

Suspended

Long-term both schools will be fine, especially TAMU. Depth is their biggest issue. Culturally, though, A&M is a weird cult on par with Auburn, and Mizzou fans at like bros on Jersey Shore. I'm guessing their women don't even wear skirts to the game.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I noticed as the games wore on they wore out. They both have high paced type offenses but with SEC football it's a marathon. Both teams have talent but they aren't built to slug it out over the long haul.
    They'll figure it out, or else...............the next Ol' Sis.

OK, maybe not that bad..............the next MSU.
    "He's crazy, Doc. He won't fly with me. I take good care of him, but he won't. He's crazy, alright."
    "There, that's proof, isn't it?. They all say I'm crazy."
    "They're crazy."
    "Then why don't you ground them?"
    "Why don't they ask?"
    "Because they're crazy, that's why."
    "Of course they're crazy. I just told you that. You can't let crazy people decide if you are crazy or not, can you?"

BamaNation First Team RIVATIDE86's Avatar

Neither team can compete on the line of scrimmage. That won't win you a lot of games in this conference.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Long-term both schools will be fine, especially TAMU. Depth is their biggest issue. Culturally, though, A&M is a weird cult on par with Auburn, and Mizzou fans at like bros on Jersey Shore. I'm guessing their women don't even wear skirts to the game.

TAMU seems to be stuck in 1932.

BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That really made me laugh out loud...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    TAMU seems to be stuck in 1932.
    The avatar picture is of my Daughter Hailee and me. My daughter is a future Crimson Tide cheerleader