Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

It must just be me but the Mizzou & Jawga game was awful, hard to watch, seemed to last forever. Neither one wanted to win. Penaltities fumbles turnovers just went on & on.

The Gators & Aggies was really physical, they were carting off more gators than The Swamp People.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

How can they concentrate on football when their fans are trying to be anything but SEC fans? When does the pandering stop?
    I can just see long time SEC fans wearing these type shirts! uh --- well maybe barners!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Both teams showed up ready to play and were jacked up. They both looked good for a half, but that's what we always say about the SEC - you are going to have play for 60 mins. Both teams were held scoreless in the 4th quarter, and once UF and UGA's defenses adjusted after halftime, both of their offenses were shut down. As the schedule rocks on, they'll find out that there are "big games" like this week in, week out. Both coaches kept making the statement of how "big" the games were. These weren't really big games. These were typical SEC conference games, and neither game was against the top teams in the conference.They'll play a lot of "big games" this year.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation First Team GA Bamafan's Avatar

I think both will do well long term. There had to be some shock for both teams the way Georgia and Florida played the second half. The old-man style football and the pounding took their toll on both aTm and Mizzou. I see them as mid-tier teams for a few years.

aTm has a tremendous and crazy fan base they will support and do what it takes to be a success in this league. Plus they are no longer restrained by being in the shadow of Texas. This independence will lead to growth.

Mizzou had a lot of support last night. I don't know if that support will continue as they get into the SEC schedule. If it does they will be a competitor. If it wanes, I see them as continual mid-tier with a once in a decade run at being a top level team.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by GADAWG1980 View Post
    Missouri isnt physical enough to compete in this league in spite of what sheldon richardson thinks. I would say jarvis jones played a great game for an old man. I think with a couple of years to build on texas a/m will be competitive.
    Jones should be in the NFL right now. He's a tremendous football player.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Yeah...Missouri will be very beat up by the end of the season. They clearly don't have the necessary talent beyond the 1st string.
    Yep, I thought Mizzou would beat UGA because it is early in the season when they are still fresh. Georgia showed their depth and talent in the fourth to blow open a close game. Mizzou and A&M lost their home openers early in the season. That doesn't bode well for their chances down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by GA Bamafan View Post
    I think both will do well long term. There had to be some shock for both teams the way Georgia and Florida played the second half. The old-man style football and the pounding took their toll on both aTm and Mizzou. I see them as mid-tier teams for a few years.

aTm has a tremendous and crazy fan base they will support and do what it takes to be a success in this league. Plus they are no longer restrained by being in the shadow of Texas. This independence will lead to growth.

Mizzou had a lot of support last night. I don't know if that support will continue as they get into the SEC schedule. If it does they will be a competitor. If it wanes, I see them as continual mid-tier with a once in a decade run at being a top level team.
    Why would TAMU do well now in a tougher league than they've done for the past 20 years? Make no mistake, the Texas shadow still looms large.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Long-term both schools will be fine, especially TAMU. Depth is their biggest issue. Culturally, though, A&M is a weird cult on par with Auburn, and Mizzou fans at like bros on Jersey Shore. I'm guessing their women don't even wear skirts to the game.
    Sorry Prof, but I cant agree that A&M is a cult on par with Auburn. Auburn is very pale in comparison; A&M is truly unique and nobody else wants to be like them. One of the reason I respect them is that they are so good at what they do and could not care less what anybody else thinks about their traditions. That said, I chose not to attend A&M, although I had several chances.

Mizzou has the better chance at early success since they are in the east. But where will they recruit from? The state of Missouri doesn't turn out that many players. They had a bit of a Texas pipleline in recent years, but does that dry up since they won't play in that state as much now? The fanbase will get tired of being in the East and a move to the West with more exspansion will keep them engaged.
    TAMU has tons of potential. Will it be realized? Will they be able to get past Alabama and LSU? Not anytime soon. They will be another tough opponent, though. When Saban is gone, they might be primed to make a run.

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Jarvis played a great game last night,as did jonathan jenkins as well. I honestly dont think missouri wouldve scored as much as they did last night if we wouldve had all of our starters playing(ogletree,commings,vasser and b.rambo). I am still amazed at the how arrogant missouris players and fans were going into last nights game.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmack12champs View Post
    I think you're wrong.....just saying
    I think Mizzouri was a poor choice. aTm, well... they 'may' figure it out.

Because 20 years ago thay had a tough winning program. Reason, because they had a good coach. R.C Slocum was not a great coach but he played a hard nosed defense/ball control type of game and recruited players that could play in this scheme. They will do well in the SEC if they have the right coach...they have everything else. Back in the '90s they beat LSU 5 straight years (mainly because LSU did not have a good coach) and dominated Texas (ditto). Their is nothing mystical about A&Ms lack of high level success over the pas 10-15 years.

Mizzou is thin and undersized on d-line and QB is going to get hurt if they intend to use him like they did last night against UGA. See them as fourth or fifth best in East. Not physical enough.

TA&M is has a tendency to lose the second half big. It is in their head now and they tighten up. If they can not hold lead against this UF team at home with this much emphasis on game they will have a hard time this year with schedule. They finish in west behind MSU but ahead of AU, Miss and maybe Arky.