Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Why would TAMU do well now in a tougher league than they've done for the past 20 years? Make no mistake, the Texas shadow still looms large.
    Mostly because their recruiting has picked up dramatically since joining the league.last time I looked they had a top 5 class.

unrelated-

I think neither team belongs, but TAMU is ecstatic to be here. different values, different culture, different people. Nothing against them personally.

Maybe, just maybe Mizzou is a secret agent team sent by the other conferences and FOX to infiltrate America's conference and prove to the world the SEC is no better than any other league. lifting the veil of invincibility! And foiling ESPN's plan of SEC football domination !!!
    I am so sick and tired of all the discussion everywhere about whether these two will fit in and how they will compete. If they have the right coaches , the right motivation(boosters ,donations, fanbase, leadership) they will be successful, if not they won't! No wonder the rest of the country has SECfatigue . Turn on ESPN and it's all you hear, especially stupid storylines like this over and over and over for months! It's like listening to Gary Danielson broadcast a florida game circa 2009. (TIMTEBOW, TIMTEBOW,TIMTEBOW). Why does college football have to emulate the WWF? Isn't the game itself enough? got that off my chest!
    to 16 and beyond........

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

I couldnt agree with you more bamaga. All we heard about all week coming into this game from the espn gasbags was how great missouri was and how they were going to destroy us in last nights game. We didnt have all of our starters and missouri was going to exploit it. How underrated they were on defense,etc,etc. Just glad we were able to send the missouri faithful home last night with a nice welcome to s.e.c football.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think that both programs will have an increased emphasis on an off-season strength and conditioning program.
    1st LT US ARMY

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's gonna be a long season for both!

BamaNation All-SEC BradtheImpaler's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTut View Post
    The trouble with those offenses is that their defenses don't get to go up against a physical offense in practice. As the game wears on, the defenses will take a pounding and wear down. Eventually, they'll be able to recruit to fit the style of play, but they're middle tier right now IMO. I think A&M will be a solid contender sooner than Missouri.
    I thought it was kind of funny when that idiot Matt Millen made some comment about Sheldon Richardson being an SEC worthy defensive tackle at 280 lbs. based on his quickness. Sorry Matt, but 280 lbs. is an oversized linebacker/end hybrid in the SEC. I guess his talent evaluation skills are why he's in the booth for ESPN instead of an NFL front office.
    "In the second quarter, I saw Torretta look over at me, and he froze for a second. I saw fear."
    John Copeland

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

aTm has a tradition of blowing a lead in the second half, they will continue that tradition. Something was wrong with GA can't put my finger on it but Murray looked lost on the sidelines, kinda like JJ did at the BCS game.

The main question I think could go for the fan base & everyone had to be impressed with that, full house loud & proud.

I just hope they both can whoop up on API. Although Mizzou will have to wait.
    Last edited by Florida Tom; September 9th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    TAMU seems to be stuck in 1932.
    At least you don't have to be surrounded by them. They're a weird weird bunch.

Personally hoping for Mizzou to do somewhat well. Have made a couple games up there and really enjoyed talking to their fans when I did. A&M can go 0-12 for the rest of eternity for all I care.

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Mizzou is going to struggle with depth. Being in the SEC may help recruiting but, realisticly they will be a 7-5/8-4 type team in most seasons.

aTm has the fan base/facilities and recruiting hot bed of Texas to where they can become a top 3 or 4 program in the SEC west. No reason they can't be a consistent 8-10 win program who challenges for the SEC west title.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Penaltities
    Somebody pronounce this word for me, please
    Last edited by CraigD; September 9th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    Why would TAMU do well now in a tougher league than they've done for the past 20 years? Make no mistake, the Texas shadow still looms large.
    Living and working amongst aggies has made you hate them, I get it. I never had a real problem with GA fans until I lived in Atlanta and then I came to hate them. So I get that you hate them and refuse to admit they may succeed. But take away your personal bias for a minute and look at it objectively.

They have more money than God and will spend whatever is needed to upgrade facilities and pay coaches. So that's not a problem. Their fans are rabid and the love, admiration and support for players is there and well known. They aren't a new name, everyone knows who TAM is so they aren't out trying to sell a program like Boise State to recruits. They have a cult like atmosphere surrounding the university and their alumni. Meaning that if you want to be in business in the state of Texas if you position yourself as an aggie there are lots of people who will work with you because of it. We that live here hear the commercials all the time for businesses that include the fact that the owner is aggie class of ___ all the time. So finally add the fact that they can offer kids a chance to play on the premiere football conference in America and still go to a Texas school and you have a winning recipe for recruiting. Their recruiting has already seen a huge up swing in quality of player and this is all new to their staff. They will face better competition sure, but they are going to have a much higher class of athletes to do it with.

As much as they've always wanted to believe they were, they weren't ever really in the race for the top high school athletes in Texas. Now they are and will continue to be. I'm not saying they will come in and win the west, but they will do much better than before. Like I told one yesterday, if they can crack the top 4 in the SEC at some point they could win a mnc from there. If you can build a program that's in the top 4 of the SEC then year in and year out all it takes is a favorable schedule, some injury luck, a couple good bounces of the ball and you can be in the national championship game. Not saying that's coming tomorrow, but its more likely than not.

It sucks, I wanted FL to embarrass them yesterday because I wanted to give all the ags I know a big "welcome to the SEC" after a beat down. But that didn't happen. BAMA will destroy them, but the idea that they are at the feet of the rest of us is just not true.
    Last edited by Dallas4Bama; September 9th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

IMO I think it's too early to tell.

These two teams could have won yesterday and for me - that they each had a valid chance to win - is enough for me to want to "wait and see" before writing them off or giving them an endorsement.

Like FloridaTom I couldn't watch the Mizzou game very long because it seemed very boring. But I did watch all of the aTm game and their freshman QB Manziel has the natural talent and poise to take that team to whatever level is attainable....but he and his team need more seasoning.

It will be very interesting to watch the two teams play in their next conference games.

Especially when they play the reigning national champions....now those two games will be very fun to watch!

BamaNation Third Team RollTide_12's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Neither team was that impressive. I agree that Mizzou seemed very cocky. No way they have the power to grind out 4 quarters in the SEC.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Can someone please explain why Mizzou hasn't gotten DGB involved as much as you would think a team would want to get that guy involved? Or has he been a disappointment?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!