Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Recipes
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Can someone please explain why Mizzou hasn't gotten DGB involved as much as you would think a team would want to get that guy involved? Or has he been a disappointment?
    I gather from several comments made by the announcers that he runs crappy routes. They showed some of his HS clips and all of them were basically them throwing a screen pass out to him and letting him out athlete everybody on the field to the endzone. He can do that at this level.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

2. Advertisement

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    aTm has a tradition of blowing a lead in the second half, they will continue that tradition. Something was wrong with GA can't put my finger on it but Murray looked lost on the sidelines, kinda like JJ did at the BCS game.

The main question I think could go for the fan base & everyone had to be impressed with that, full house loud & proud.

I just hope they both can whoop up on API. Although Mizzou will have to wait.
    HUH??!!

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamaphd@una View Post
    HUH??!!
    Sorry, Jordan Jefferson he looked lost.

BamaNation Second Team bama backer's Avatar

IMO Aggies and Mizzou can eventually compete (because of location and size) but at what level. Changes will have to be made in types of players they recruit and develop, and improve their systems of Offense and Defense. I wonder just how prepared they are for an S.E.C. schedule as they will be broken-down more week to week by much better teams overall in this conference. Coach Saban does not show all his cards in one or two games but has proven to always have a well thought out system (The Process) to implement throughout the season and into the bowl game.

Mizzou does look like they will lead the league in turnovers with their type of spread offense. It is also going to be interesting to see how well the Aggies and Mizzou handle their away games.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'd project Mizzou to go 4-4 or 3-5 in the league, beating A&M and the fourth win possibly coming by pulling an upset at either Tenn or Florida. They have a tougher non-conference schedule than they probably expected with Arizona State this weekend (who looks pretty good), on the road at UCF (looks like a trap game to me), and a late home game with Syracuse (they should win that one), which gives them a range of 6 to 8 wins.

I think A&M looks to be competitive in the conference with everybody they play except us and LSU. Arkansas looks beatable (in College Station) unless they pull it together, Auburn looks awful, and the Aggies should be able to compete in Starkville but probably lose there. I think they beat Ole Miss but Mizzou probably beats them, which gives them a shot at 2-6 to 4-4 in the league. They should sweep their non-conference schedule to get to 6 wins overall and bowl eligibility at minimum. Arkansas and Auburn looking so dreadful early on gives them a better shot at beating expectations than Mizzou has.
    Defense STILL wins championships. RTR!!!

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

I'm sure Miszz's fans were expecting an easier path because of their success in playing SEC teams in bowls, but bowl season is a totally different animal. It's a one game season, everybody has a chance to get healthy, everybody has two weeks to game plan for one team, there is no regard for the following weeks so nothing is held back. Plus Mizz probably wanted to be there and often SEC teams aimed for a higher bowl. All that is very different from a regular season game in the SEC. Now after facing one SEC team, they will face another, and another, it's a whole different challenge.
    BS 1989

Texas A&M

Coaching: A

Coach Sumlin does a great job developing talent and running a program with a cutting edge high octane offense.

Players: B-

The team seems to have some young budding talent but before they start to reap the rewards, they are going to have some tough spots.

Recruiting Potential: A+

Texas A&M is located in one of the richest football hot beds in the world, Texas. They will start to recruit top notch players now that they have upped their status by joining the SEC.

Team I Compare them to in the SEC: Arkansas

Long Term Predicament:

I see Texas A&M upsetting a team or two this year and slowly becoming a force in the SEC. Within 3 years I feel they will be a top 12 team pre-season and will become very competitive in the SEC.

Missouri

Coaching: B-

Coach Pinkel is an above average coach who puts teams on the field that are very sound. He was able to "outcoach" some coaches while they were members of the Big 12, unfortunately for him, this is not the Big 12.

Players: C-

This team is badly undersized and not very deep. A few injuries to this team could be cataclysmic to them.

Recruiting Potential: C-

Missouri will struggle to find athletes that have the capability to excel in the SEC.

Team I Compare them to in the SEC: Kentucky

Long Term Predicament:

I see Missouri struggling in the SEC. They will play teams tough but due to their lack of athletes and size they will field teams annually that will hover around .500 in the SEC.
    Last edited by Rasputin; September 10th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The word for both teams this year is "transition".

It should be noted that transition can go in either direction, however.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

The thing I like about Sumlin's offense compared to others that are similar is he will incorporate a pounding back into it. Their after some big bruisers and want to be able to counter the up tempo spread thing they do with a power game. Not sure they can pull it off from a blocking stand point, but if they can it will be fun to watch.

BamaNation First Team MightyWingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    The thing I like about Sumlin's offense compared to others that are similar is he will incorporate a pounding back into it. Their after some big bruisers and want to be able to counter the up tempo spread thing they do with a power game. Not sure they can pull it off from a blocking stand point, but if they can it will be fun to watch.
    Our RB's for next year should be brutal. Tra Carson (Transfer from Oregon) and Brandon Williams (Transfer from Oklahoma) are sitting out this year, but will be eligible next year. Those 2 plus Trey Williams and Ben Malena will give us some decent depth at RB. Our biggest weakness is our DLine and defensive backfield, which are huge in the SEC.

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Texas A&M

Coaching: A

Coach Sumlin does a great job developing talent and running a program with a cutting edge high octane offense.

Players: B-

The team seems to have some young budding talent but before they start to reap the rewards, they are going to have some tough spots.

Recruiting Potential: A+

Texas A&M is located in one of the richest football hot beds in the world, Texas. They will start to recruit top notch players now that they have upped their status by joining the SEC.

Team I Compare them to in the SEC: Arkansas

Long Term Predicament:

I see Texas A&M upsetting a team or two this year and slowly becoming a force in the SEC. Within 3 years I feel they will be a top 12 team pre-season and will become very competitive in the SEC.

Missouri

Coaching: B-

Coach Pinkel is an above average coach who puts teams on the field that are very sound. He was able to "outcoach" some coaches while they were members of the Big 12, unfortunately for him, this is not the Big 12.

Players: C-

This team is badly undersized and not very deep. A few injuries to this team could be cataclysmic to them.

Recruiting Potential: C-

Missouri will struggle to find athletes that have the capability to excel in the SEC.

Team I Compare them to in the SEC: Kentucky

Long Term Predicament:

I see Missouri struggling in the SEC. They will play teams tough but due to their lack of athletes and size they will field teams annually that will hover around .500 in the SEC.
    I will have to disagree with your assessment. Sumlin is unproven at this level, He is undeserving of an A at this point. Pinkel has been competitive in the Big 12 without the athletes of the others. Right now, I would take Pinkel over Sumlin.
    to 16 and beyond........

As horrible as they both looked at times last Saturday, it's not out of the question for one of them to go 0-8 and the other to go 1-7 in the SEC. It's a lock that one of them will have at least 1 conference win since they do play each other.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I will have to disagree with your assessment. Sumlin is unproven at this level, He is undeserving of an A at this point. Pinkel has been competitive in the Big 12 without the athletes of the others. Right now, I would take Pinkel over Sumlin.
    Ok, just for the record I am fine with that.