Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrusade View Post
    Neither team belongs and neither team will compete.
    It takes a little while for new teams to adjust to the SEC. Arkansas and USCe had their periods of adjustment, as will TAMU and Mizzou.
    Mizzou has a pretty good first string, but they lack depth, and size to butt heads with the teams that are going to be division leaders. I think their fans are rabid enough right now, but will they still be here after several losses? I hope so.
    TAMU is about on a level with Florida,Tennessee & Mississippi State.
    TAMU fans should come around too.

In the SEC, the initiation is brutal. Like gangs, the new guys get
    'Beat In'... There's no polite way to say it...
    The coaches will adjust to the SEC/Pro Style of play, and add their own wrinkles to their Offense, face it, in the SEC you have to win, or be gone.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; September 11th, 2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: format

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I will have to disagree with your assessment. Sumlin is unproven at this level, He is undeserving of an A at this point. Pinkel has been competitive in the Big 12 without the athletes of the others. Right now, I would take Pinkel over Sumlin.
    How about now?

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Crappy on TideFans.com

Missouri and Texas A&M both won today. On the road.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I was happy to add AM. Missouri not so much. Sure Missouri won, but they are your bottom feeders/middle of the pack. It will take years for them to compete. AM will compete as long as Johnny is QB.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

BamaNation All-SEC Timberline Tide's Avatar

I was very happy to add A&M and, despite today's loss, I still am. Looking back now though I wish we'd gotten VaTech instead of Mizzou - despite the tv markets, I just think they fit in better. Mizzou really crapped in their nest with all their chest thumping and talk of "old man football".

BamaNation First Team MightyWingman's Avatar

I'd of loved for the SEC to take in Va Tech instead of Mizzou, but that's just me.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

All around Sports and Academics I think it is a great idea still. I think Basketball is really going to be interesting this year.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

I think A@M will have ups and downs in football, Missouri will probaly always be more of a basketball school.
    Live your life like you wish you had.

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWingman View Post
    I'd of loved for the SEC to take in Va Tech instead of Mizzou, but that's just me.
    I concur. congratulations to you and your Aggies. Bama had a chance to pull it out, but your guys did what they had to do to win it. Hopefully, next year, we'll return the favor. Aim for the #3. Roll Tide, A'ight!