So Based on What You have Seen So Far - How will TXAM and Mizzou fare in SEC?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Based on what I have seen so far, I think the Aggies are probably at about the same level as MSU right now (tied for 4 in the league). If Auburn cant be what they did today, they cant beat anyone in the conference (Ole Miss and Vandy included).

Mizzou is probably third in the East behind UGA and SoCarolina.

Bottom line though, if these teams want to really compete in the SEC, they are going have to build teams that can play in the SEC in the 4th Qtr. Both teams were completely spent once the 4th Qtr started as a result of the physical play.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
They both looked ok early in the game. Then they got to see what "big boy football" is really like.

Humility is a virtue they both need to study.

As far as the first 22 guys go, they have the talent to be upper-middle of their divisions. but the depth is a huge concern for them. On a seperate note, I have develped a very strong distaste for Missouri and I wouldn't mind seeing them get trampled in every game they play.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I saw two teams that came to play and predict both will eventually do fine in the conference. Both showed the prerequisite rabid fanbase and both learned today that strength and conditioning as well as team depth actually mean something in the SEC and our games are 60 minutes long vs 45. I am glad to have them.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
They better recruit good and get some depth or they will always be middle to low tier SEC teams.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Long-term both schools will be fine, especially TAMU. Depth is their biggest issue. Culturally, though, A&M is a weird cult on par with Auburn, and Mizzou fans at like bros on Jersey Shore. I'm guessing their women don't even wear skirts to the game.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I noticed as the games wore on they wore out. They both have high paced type offenses but with SEC football it's a marathon. Both teams have talent but they aren't built to slug it out over the long haul.
They'll figure it out, or else...............the next Ol' Sis.

OK, maybe not that bad..............the next MSU.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Long-term both schools will be fine, especially TAMU. Depth is their biggest issue. Culturally, though, A&M is a weird cult on par with Auburn, and Mizzou fans at like bros on Jersey Shore. I'm guessing their women don't even wear skirts to the game.

TAMU seems to be stuck in 1932.

uofaJO1987

1st Team
Oct 25, 2011
Highland Home, AL
They can't yet. TAMU will build and be able to compete in a few years. I'm not sure about Mizzou. I wasn't really thrilled that they came into the conference. Especially since the SEC was a last resort for them because they wanted to be in the big 10 or whatever they call themselves these days

CrimsonTut

1st Team
Jul 24, 2000
Franklin, TN
The trouble with those offenses is that their defenses don't get to go up against a physical offense in practice. As the game wears on, the defenses will take a pounding and wear down. Eventually, they'll be able to recruit to fit the style of play, but they're middle tier right now IMO. I think A&M will be a solid contender sooner than Missouri.

bondsdw

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2007
I personally think Missouri is the more dangerous team, at least right now. Not win the East dangerous, but at least capable of beating anyone on any given Saturday if their offense is clicking.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Missouri isnt physical enough to compete in this league in spite of what sheldon richardson thinks. I would say jarvis jones played a great game for an old man. I think with a couple of years to build on texas a/m will be competitive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.