Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Jalston Fowler to have Knee surgery, out for season

JF: Here's hoping your surgery and subsequent rehab are completely successful. I love the way he plays and his contribution to the team. While I won't be able to watch him on the field this year, I am sure he will contribute helping the younger guys on the team.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Just saw the picture on his facebook wall. Makes me feel weak all over. He seems to be in very good spirits, though. Tough kid--he will come back better than ever!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My best wishes for Jalston! He will be stronger next year. Rtr
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Anyone have an update/report on JF's surgery? Actual procedure performed? Expected recovery schedule?

Thanks.

RTR!!!

Surgery tomorrow according to his facebook page. No other details.

BamaNation All-American RogueElephant's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

JF was one of my favorite players. I wish him the best and will come back strong.
    Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

The avatar is my former assistant who I think of as my adopted daugther. She is smart, funny, likeable and a Acct & Finance grad of Fullerton and given the right guidance would light the world on fire. Just don't tell her I said that.

I'm 12 weeks out from ACL reconstruction. Really feel for him. He will be able to devote a lot more time to rehab than I can, but it sure isn't fun. It is amazing how much muscle mass you lose and how quickly you lose it.

Good luck JF!

Re: Any update on Jalston Fowler?

I wonder if Eddie is 100% or not. Atleast we still have Lacy, Hart, and Yeldon, but man I hate to Fowler out.

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Tide View Post
    I'm 12 weeks out from ACL reconstruction. Really feel for him. He will be able to devote a lot more time to rehab than I can, but it sure isn't fun. It is amazing how much muscle mass you lose and how quickly you lose it.

Good luck JF!
    I had the ACL graft + rehab also. His rehab will be very similar to ours. There's nothing which can be done to rehab the graft. By now, your graft has died and your body is building back in the connective tissue, with its blood supply. The nerves will never regenerate, so, if you rupture the graft, you won't feel any pain, just the sense of something giving. Now is the time to be very careful with your graft. In my case, I waited and pre-habbed for six months before the surgery. I wasn't in bad shape, playing basketball and triathlons before, but the prehab really helped. If I ruptured the graft or the other ACL, I'd do the same. I was up to 700lb in the leg press at 7 months and 1000 at 11 months. JW and other FB players have a big advantage, in that they've already done that "prehab," in their S&C. Oh, and did I mention their youth?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TydDFens View Post
    Surgery tomorrow according to his facebook page. No other details.
    Thanks for posting. I thought, for some reason, surgery was Teusday.

I'm usually a defensive minded guy but JF impresssed me a lot. I think he has NFL potential oozing from him. Hate it for him but I know he'll do anything and everything needed, and then some, to return to form.

RTR!!!

Saban said in his presser this afternoon that the surgery would be tomorrow.

Nothing mentioned yet on the severity, of course, and in all honesty they probably won't know for certain until the surgeons open up his knee.

Best wishes to him tomorrow and beyond. Great kid.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JustJim View Post
    I knew he was done for the year when they pulled the red shirt off Kenyan Drake.
    The red shirt wasn't pulled in this game. He had one carry in the Mich game also.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I had the ACL graft + rehab also. His rehab will be very similar to ours. There's nothing which can be done to rehab the graft. By now, your graft has died and your body is building back in the connective tissue, with its blood supply. The nerves will never regenerate, so, if you rupture the graft, you won't feel any pain, just the sense of something giving. Now is the time to be very careful with your graft. In my case, I waited and pre-habbed for six months before the surgery. I wasn't in bad shape, playing basketball and triathlons before, but the prehab really helped. If I ruptured the graft or the other ACL, I'd do the same. I was up to 700lb in the leg press at 7 months and 1000 at 11 months. JW and other FB players have a big advantage, in that they've already done that "prehab," in their S&C. Oh, and did I mention their youth?
    Hey, how do you know I don't have youth on my side too :-) I'm 40 and there is no doubt this would have been much easier at 20. My strength and stability is coming back pretty well, but I still don't have full extension of my leg. I can stretch it and get full extension but 45 minutes later it is back to where it was. This is what I get for coming out of retirement from flag football after 8 years. I just hope I'm ready for spring tennis in March.