Jalston Fowler to have Knee surgery, out for season

#1sabanite

3rd Team
Sep 14, 2008
With his injury, I'd be surprised to see him in that game. Actually, Bell and his fibula are probably a better bet...
oh no i dont expect that he will be ready by then, he just reminds me of the way Earl Campbell used to run through people, foot in their chest and a knee in their mouth

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Jalston probably won't see full contact until the Fall. At best, he's participating in the Spring.

Kenny Bell was targeted to be running by 5-6 weeks after the injury. I think it would still be a few weeks at best before he'd be cleared for contact. The depth at WR is tight but still workable without Bell. I see no point in rushing Bell back to action unless he had some impressive bone healing.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
With his injury, I'd be surprised to see him in that game. Actually, Bell and his fibula are probably a better bet...
Yup, and even then, I'd guess less than 50-50 just given the injury and timeline, although you may know enough about his progress to have a better sense of that. It'd be pretty amazing to be back by then. And is there talk about JF going pro after next year?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Jalston probably won't see full contact until the Fall. At best, he's participating in the Spring.

Kenny Bell was targeted to be running by 5-6 weeks after the injury. I think it would still be a few weeks at best before he'd be cleared for contact. The depth at WR is tight but still workable without Bell. I see no point in rushing Bell back to action unless he had some impressive bone healing.
I saw he was "out" 5-6 weeks. That may mean he is back to playing in 5-6 weeks. I did not see he was targeted for running in 5-6 weeks but this may be the case.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I do too. The problem is the NFL is not moving towards his body type/running style for the featured back. They'll be looking at him as a fullback, and that's not all bad. There's just more to be gotten out of him than the prototypical NFL fullback role. Le'Ron had to fight that battle also...
Well said. The NFL is a finesse league, pure and simple. They don't play smashmouth offense because conventional wisdom says it doesn't work. Each NFL offense runs a screen on first down, a draw on second, and a medium pass on third. That league can't even play physical defense anymore due to the rule changes. Within 20 years they'll be playing two-hand touch. :biggrin:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I do too. The problem is the NFL is not moving towards his body type/running style for the featured back. They'll be looking at him as a fullback, and that's not all bad. There's just more to be gotten out of him than the prototypical NFL fullback role. Le'Ron had to fight that battle also...
Le'Ron would have had an easier time if Shula had used him properly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.