Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Lost in TN's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Jalston Fowler to have Knee surgery, out for season

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    You are right about it's being by games. However, between 2007 and 2009, they increased the number to 30% (or 3 games, whichever is lesser), with no participation in the latter half of the season. (NCAA Bylaw 14.2.4) I answered carelessly. What I was really thinking of and got crossed in my mind was the quarters of loss of eligibility for illegal benefits, which is on a sliding scale...
    So will he get a Medical Redshirt?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Titans&Tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post

Posted earlier from 12/4 on the Anti G treadmill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sweet. You can run and watch film at the same time!

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Jalston Fowler to have Knee surgery, out for season

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in TN View Post
    I think I saw Earle post earlier that he would qualify but has to apply after the end of the season. Apologies if it was some else that posted that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he wants it when the time comes. The question will be whether he sticks around or go to the NFL, if he rehabs well and continues to play the way he was...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

If he wants it when the time comes. The question will be whether he sticks around or go to the NFL, if he rehabs well and continues to play the way he was...
    I hope he returns. Our offense was outstanding this season but it was clicking like crazy before his injury. Had he stayed healthy there's no telling how good we would have become over the season.

BamaNation First Team Lost in TN's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Absolutely one of my favorites. I would love to see him in our backfield for two more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I hope he returns. Our offense was outstanding this season but it was clicking like crazy before his injury. Had he stayed healthy there's no telling how good we would have become over the season.
    I do too. The problem is the NFL is not moving towards his body type/running style for the featured back. They'll be looking at him as a fullback, and that's not all bad. There's just more to be gotten out of him than the prototypical NFL fullback role. Le'Ron had to fight that battle also...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Absolutely one of my favorites. I would love to see him in our backfield for two more years.

one of mine also, i would love to see him in the BCSNCG and see him truck Teo, lol

Quote Originally Posted by #1sabanite View Post
    one of mine also, i would love to see him in the BCSNCG and see him truck Teo, lol
    With his injury, I'd be surprised to see him in that game. Actually, Bell and his fibula are probably a better bet...

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

With his injury, I'd be surprised to see him in that game. Actually, Bell and his fibula are probably a better bet...
    oh no i dont expect that he will be ready by then, he just reminds me of the way Earl Campbell used to run through people, foot in their chest and a knee in their mouth

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jalston probably won't see full contact until the Fall. At best, he's participating in the Spring.

Kenny Bell was targeted to be running by 5-6 weeks after the injury. I think it would still be a few weeks at best before he'd be cleared for contact. The depth at WR is tight but still workable without Bell. I see no point in rushing Bell back to action unless he had some impressive bone healing.

BamaNation All-SEC

Yup, and even then, I'd guess less than 50-50 just given the injury and timeline, although you may know enough about his progress to have a better sense of that. It'd be pretty amazing to be back by then. And is there talk about JF going pro after next year?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Jalston probably won't see full contact until the Fall. At best, he's participating in the Spring.

Kenny Bell was targeted to be running by 5-6 weeks after the injury. I think it would still be a few weeks at best before he'd be cleared for contact. The depth at WR is tight but still workable without Bell. I see no point in rushing Bell back to action unless he had some impressive bone healing.
    I saw he was "out" 5-6 weeks. That may mean he is back to playing in 5-6 weeks. I did not see he was targeted for running in 5-6 weeks but this may be the case.