Jalston Fowler to have Knee surgery, out for season

JustJim

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Fowler was in a lot of pain Saturday. You hate to see this kind of thing and we all wish him a speedy recovery. Fowler performed a number of roles on offense and will be missed, especially in the blocking department.

I knew he was done for the year when they pulled the red shirt off Kenyan Drake.

On a happier note; don't let Drake's run around the end fool you into thinking he's just a burner, he loves to hit people when he runs.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
Fowler was in a lot of pain Saturday. You hate to see this kind of thing and we all wish him a speedy recovery. Fowler performed a number of roles on offense and will be missed, especially in the blocking department.

I knew he was done for the year when they pulled the red shirt off Kenyan Drake.

On a happier note; don't let Drake's run around the end fool you into thinking he's just a burner, he loves to hit people when he runs.
Drake played against Michigan, so I think that decision was already made.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Fowler was one of my favorites. Good luck to him and we certainly hope for a full recovery from a severe knee injury.
Not knit-picking but he IS one of, if not THE favorite of mine. He can't perform for us right now but he's still a very important part of the team relative to his work ethic, leadership and having such a "Team First" attitude.

Roll Tide JF. Wish you a full and speedy recovery.

RTR!!!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree with what was said earlier, the RB depth doesn't hurt us, it's his blocking and all the little stuff he does that will hurt us.

OTOH, this is a huge opportunity for Kenyan Drake now.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Man, I hate to see this! JF is so good at so many things. Our prayers and best wishes for his speedy recovery!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kid just can't get a break, his senior year in High School & now this.

I really hope he can recover, I know it is going to be hard.

Its time for some of the young ones to really step up, like TJ did against Michigan.
What do you mean his senior year? He didn't play because of his age, not because of an injury.

As already stated, Drake got a few plays against Michigan. Coach Saban said either the week before or the week of the Michigan game that all 5 RBs would play this season. Drake was going to play no matter what. His playing time just went up, though.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I wondered before the season who would step out as a crowd favorite like Cody, Sunseri and the likes each year. Jalston stepped into that role and very few saw it coming, he was a one man wrecking crew against Michigan. One of his blocks for a TD was the loudest of all the hits by far.

Last edited:

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Jalston is one of my favorites too. He is definitely a bruiser. Smash mouth football at it's best.

He has a still shot of the leg whip on his facebook page if you can stomach looking at it.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and we see him back soon. Roll Tide!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I admit, I actually was looking forward to watching Jalston punish teams late in ballgames. We have other big backs, but not like Fowler, He runs angry.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
JF: Here's hoping your surgery and subsequent rehab are completely successful. I love the way he plays and his contribution to the team. While I won't be able to watch him on the field this year, I am sure he will contribute helping the younger guys on the team.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Just saw the picture on his facebook wall. Makes me feel weak all over. He seems to be in very good spirits, though. Tough kid--he will come back better than ever!

GA_Tide

1st Team
Aug 24, 2006
Canton, Ga
I'm 12 weeks out from ACL reconstruction. Really feel for him. He will be able to devote a lot more time to rehab than I can, but it sure isn't fun. It is amazing how much muscle mass you lose and how quickly you lose it.

Good luck JF!

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Re: Any update on Jalston Fowler?

I wonder if Eddie is 100% or not. Atleast we still have Lacy, Hart, and Yeldon, but man I hate to Fowler out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.