Jalston Fowler to have Knee surgery, out for season

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Any update on Jalston Fowler?

Jalston's a nice guy, and a team player... Were going to miss him.
The team will miss his blocking, hard running and leadership too.
I enjoyed seeing him in the I-Formation... It was a play made for his abilities.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Kenyan Drake looked quick as all get out on his run, but I'm not sure he's ready as a ound it up the middle back.

Looks like Brent Calloway has a sterling opportunity.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I've heard it's not a multiple ligament injury, just the PCL, but, TBF, ACL would have been better...
Can he get this year back, and do you agree that his size and style should make a full recover likely?

Kenyan Drake looked quick as all get out on his run, but I'm not sure he's ready as a ound it up the middle back.

Won't help this year, but 2013 RB Tyren Jones has over 600 yards in his first 2 games against tough competition. Can't imagine having him, Yeldon, Lacey, Hart Fowler and Drake in the same backfield. Although I believe it's going to be hard keeping Tyren if we sign another back.

Last edited:

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

Calloway had his arm in a sling at the end of the game. Any reports on his health?

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States

He should be able to get a medical exemption and not count this year as one of his four playing years in five. This would be his redshirt year and he'd have two years left.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

He should be able to get a medical exemption and not count this year as one of his four playing years in five. This would be his redshirt year and he'd have two years left.
You are correct but I sure do hate this for him. Good Luck Jalston! We will see you at A-Day

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Kid just can't get a break, his senior year in High School & now this.

I really hope he can recover, I know it is going to be hard.

Its time for some of the young ones to really step up, like TJ did against Michigan.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah, PCLs are kind of weird. My wife partially tore hers a few years ago, and
the doctor told her that unless it was an athlete, most of the time they don't even bother with surgery and simply let it heal on its own.
I think that's what they'd do for a partial tear most of the time with athletes. MRIs are not really as good as the general population believes. They don't really know until they go in. My ACL didn't show up as damaged, and, when the surgeon went in, it looked intact, until he hooked it and it floated free of its mooring. Likewise, with my right shoulder, the MRI didn't show the absence of a rotator cuff and the surgeon was shocked when he went it. I actually have a VHS of it. Here's the NIH link, for those who want to plow through it. LINK

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.