2014 RB Racean Thomas Updates

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2014 RB Racean 'Rock' Thomas names Bama his leader. Will announce soon.

Oxford is playing an early game today. Rock has scored 4 touchdowns, so far.... In the first half.

chains

Scout Team
Jun 12, 2009

Saw Rock play tonight. A very strong, fast kid that reminds me somewhat of Carnell Williams. Actually has Yeldon type acceleration.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

He is built like a RB should be. Tree trunks for legs and he's always moving them. If he does commit to UA, that S&C program will make him a monster that will be a tough assignment to tackle. I really hope if RT commit to UA that Bo goes to WR b/c I feel like UA would be great with Thomas at RB and Bo could make an impact at many positions.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Picked up an offer today from Southern Cal.

He's sixteen months from NSD, and already has offers from 'Bama and USC, among others. That ought to tell you how good he could be.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

Heard him in an interview on 97.3 fm about a week or so ago and he stated that he wanted to stay close to home so his parents could watch him. He mentioned several SEC schools that he had offers from.

He is a super talent and hard runner, but his attitude seems a little negative at times. May just be youth. I think if he goes to BAMA CNS can help change that aspect.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

So is he announcing soon like the header says or did he push that idea back?

chains

Scout Team
Jun 12, 2009

Kid really doesn't have a bad attitude he is pretty immature. He will be fine. Bama lock.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2014 RB Racean Thomas Updates ('Bama Leads, Announcement Soon?)

And this is why fans shouldn't stalk recruits on social media. Link

On Thursday night, an apparent Alabama fan using the social Q&A website Ask.fm questioned why Thomas would pick the Tigers over the Tide.

The response from Thomas (as shown in the picture to the right) follows:

"I don't think you get it. I earned the opportunity, the offers, the choices. So I can decide wherever whether its auburn bama or ITT tech! I'm not here to make you or any other fan happy. My goal is to put a smile on my FAMILYS' face !"

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida

I would like to add that fans really shouldn't act like dumbarse rednecks or commit crimes while wearing their team's gear. It tends to look bad and provide endless amusement for their rivals.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This fan attacked another program with which Thomas may already have developed a relationship. He also wrote his "question" in such a way as to question Thomas' intelligence if he decided to go in another direction. It is worse than stupid. It is insulting.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Probably a poser from the NTYF.

Now why would picking the barn put a smile on his family's faec.............?:rolleye2:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Hell, I want the kid if for no other reason than the response he gave! Talk about having one`s head screwed on straight! Come to Bama, Rock!!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Hell, I want the kid if for no other reason than the response he gave! Talk about having one`s head screwed on straight! Come to Bama, Rock!!

I've always wanted Rock Thomas...I think he's got what it takes, and hope we get him...although I think we've slow balled him a bit and that may prove to be an issue...

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

I've always wanted Rock Thomas...I think he's got what it takes, and hope we get him...although I think we've slow balled him a bit and that may prove to be an issue...
I've heard of low balling and slow playing, but I haven't heard of slow balling someone yet. Is that when you do both at the same time? (slightly joking around, but would love to know if the phrase has traction already)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

I've heard of low balling and slow playing, but I haven't heard of slow balling someone yet. Is that when you do both at the same time? (slightly joking around, but would love to know if the phrase has traction already)
Not sure about traction,... I may have just made it up, myself...
but, every new slangs gotta start with one, right...;)

ledmonds22

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2010

I have not heard the term slow balling either but I think I get his meaning. As in "let's drag this out for a while until we get a firm notion on Fournette". I have said it before and I'll say it again, Roc is the real thing and it will be great if we get him. We definitely do not want to play against him. A lot of you have different opinions on this but I am a firm believer in locking up the instate studs, i.e. Thomas, Humphrey, Clark, Cashier, Scarbrough, Roberts, Hamilton, etc; I am not questioning Saban's methods in any way but I feel like we still want to maintain our instate ties.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.