What's on the menu for the Arkansas game?

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Pork here :biggrin: lots of it..

Pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans with bbq pork and bacon, tater salad, Jalapeno cole slaw, Jalapeno poppers, lil' smokies and lots of cold beer.
Dessert: chocolate cream pie and blueberry cream pie.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
For apps before and during:
Homemade onion dip
Bacon wrapped, stuffed jalapeños
Wings
Assorted cold beer

For dinner after:
Burgers and dogs

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
We're having smoked ribs, hashbrown casserole, coleslaw, and cheesecake cookies that I know of. At the river, we have tons of foods and everybody contributes so it's always a delicious mishmash. All kinds of alcohol. Oh, and shots after every Bama touchdown.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
We're having smoked ribs, hashbrown casserole, coleslaw, and cheesecake cookies that I know of. At the river, we have tons of foods and everybody contributes so it's always a delicious mishmash. All kinds of alcohol. Oh, and shots after every Bama touchdown.
You live to far away. ;) What are the cheesecake cookies? Sounds tantalizing..

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Yum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
AJ and Bamagoose, I should tell ya.....the shots for THIS game did us all in........Geez! LOL

I will put the recipe on the website for you Bamagoose. I made them once, they were a hit, and everybody raves over them. Sandra Lee's Cheesecake Cookies if you want to google....also great with a drop or two of pie filling on them.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Hap,

All I could see of the recipe was:

Ingredients:
Preparation:
Instructions:

:(
Here ya go:

I can't explain it and I can't fix whatever I did to the recipe above, but I've dropped it below. Sorry guys!

Ingredients

• 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (1 sleeve)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg, separated
  • 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In a medium bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar using an electric hand mixer. Add the egg white and beat until well combined. Add to the graham cracker crumbs and blend until just combined.
In a separate medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese with the granulated sugar, egg yolk, lemon zest and vanilla until well combined. Set aside.
Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and place on a nonstick or parchment lined baking sheet. (If you do not have an ice scoop, then measure out the dough into scoops of about 2 tablespoons.) Flatten slightly, pressing your thumb in the center of the ball to create a small bowl shape. Repeat with the remaining dough. Spoon the cream cheese into the indents in the cookies.
Bake until the filling is barely set and the cookies are lightly golden, 12 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing them and cooling completely on a wire rack.

Also, if you'd like to embellish, blend up some pie filling of your choice, blueberry, cherry, whatever, in the blender or food processor until smooth, and using an eye dropper or turkey baster or some similar device, fill the centers with a little of the filling while they are still a bit warm. Yummy.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Shots after every Bama TD?? You must be having a great year and the second half must be a little fuzzy! ;-)

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Shots after every Bama TD?? You must be having a great year and the second half must be a little fuzzy! ;-)
Only when we're at the river my friend! That Arky game put a lot of the "heavyweights" down. Some of us had the good sense, when the score kept creeping up, to fake those shots for that game! I specifically remember one woman curled up in the baby crib, asleep with her pet poodle. Seriously, my friends are fun-loving evil and I would never be caught in that shape....they would put it all over facebook. :biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.