• Kentucky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
After 3 weeks of play, we've seen a few SEC vs SEC matchups from East teams. After last night, it looks like it's going to be between Florida, Georgia, and S. Carolina, but I wonder what everyone's thoughts on the matter are. Who do ya'll think will represent the East in the SECCG? Personally at this moment, I think UGA looks like the best of the three front-runners.

I'll remake this thread/poll in about 3-4 weeks and see what everyone's thoughts are at that time.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
After 3 weeks of play, we've seen a few SEC vs SEC matchups from East teams. After last night, it looks like it's going to be between Florida, Georgia, and S. Carolina, but I wonder what everyone's thoughts on the matter are. Who do ya'll think will represent the East in the SECCG? Personally at this moment, I think UGA looks like the best of the three front-runners.

I'll remake this thread/poll in about 3-4 weeks and see what everyone's thoughts are at that time.
Florida, Georgia and South Carolina have still got to play each other so it will definitely play itself out.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Georgia has an experienced QB, solid defense that is getting all their starters back next week, playmakers at WRs and RBs. if they play to their full potential, no one can touch them in the East.

UF is improving. playing on the road back to back and leaving victorious with SEC East wins are giving them confidence. coming back in both games in hostile ennvironments is impressive. their defense has studs and their playmakers are coming around. QB Driskel is showing potential to be good in the future. but they play reckless and undisciplined. the penalties in the last 2 games should be a big concern for Muschamp.

S. Carolina doesn't seemed to have that killer instinct. they have done nothing to impressed me thus far.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Florida, Georgia, and SC have all shown flashes of brilliance as well as some pretty big vulnerabilities at times.

Florida has been a lot more physical than I expected and has shown toughness in games that are close in the 2nd half. They have a chance, but an injury to one player could severely cripple their team on offense. They are lacking in developed talent and depth.

UGA has a lot of potential, but my read is that they are not mentally or physically tough. They could win the East if they prove me wrong. I just think they will not be able to outlast someone down the line when the season is on the line. They'll get punched in the mouth and won't be able to get back up.

Speaking of head cases: SC has the best combination of talent, coaching, mental and physical toughness of the 3. I think they win the East based on that. They do have a hot tempered coach and can be a bit streaky at time. If they can get consistent effort and execution they will be tough to beat.

Mizzou and UcheaT are middle of the road teams and lack the physical toughness needed to take the step up to the top tier.

Vandy is Vandy. Every coach that comes in is going to change the culture there and it will finally be Vandy's time to shine. They make a bowl game again and they have stepped up their game over some years past, but not enough horses yet to even get to middle of the pack. But if they are able to win a couple of close ones they could prove me wrong and I hope they do.

Kentucky. Enough said.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I went with UGA, though I'll feel better about my response when you ask again in a few weeks. UGA should be better with players back, but CMR has an unsurpassed record for doing less with more talent. After the Vanderbilt game, I'm not a big believer in USCe. Still trying to do it all with one or two star players on each side of the ball. Florida looked good in the 2nd half last night, though I can't really judge that till I know whether TN is any good or Bray just continues to overwhelm overmatched opponents. But for now, I vote UGA.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Conflicting thoughts here. GA should be the best in the East, but they're GA so they'll screw it up in some fashion. Count on it

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I said USCe. I just feel they have the best chance along with the best coach. They should handle Mizzou with not too much difficulty this weekend.

Last edited:

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
I think GA will win the East but if Fla can put together 4 quarters of play in upcoming games they may win the East. Have not seen USCe play so I can't comment on them.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with ya..I have zero confidence in Coach Richt winning the East..It seems like when his team gains momentum & starts playing good football..Coach Richt loses focus of his team..I voted Florida as well..
We will play Florida in the SECCG, as it should be but Tide wins BIG. Oh, Arky knocks off LSWHOOOO.

Last edited:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
My thoughts are UF winning the east. As others have posted I think UGA will manage to lose a game or two and I don't know that USC is mentally tough enough at the QB position to win it. My money, if I were a betting man, would be on UF.

:biga2:

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
While USC offense has been inconsistent and riddled with injuries, they are still a legit contender just on the basis of a stifling run defense which has yielded only 53 yds/game and 9.7 pts/game.

UGA has the advantage in schedule and UF has looked the best on the field. USC has best DL among the group and best coach. IMO it's anybody's right now.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
While USC offense has been inconsistent and riddled with injuries, they are still a legit contender just on the basis of a stifling run defense which has yielded only 53 yds/game and 9.7 pts/game.

UGA has the advantage in schedule and UF has looked the best on the field. USC has best DL among the group and best coach. IMO it's anybody's right now.
USC's stats have come against Vandy, ECU, and UAB not exactly murderers row. IMO the winner of the USC vs UGA game will have the inside track in the East. I think at this point the jury is still out on USC and UF.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
It will certainly not be the Shamecocks, despite their high ranking. They've been thoroughly unimpressive so far. I still don't believe that Florida is particularly good this season either, so I'm predicting Georgia to take the East for the second year in-a-row.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
USC's stats have come against Vandy, ECU, and UAB not exactly murderers row. IMO the winner of the USC vs UGA game will have the inside track in the East. I think at this point the jury is still out on USC and UF.
UF definitely played toughest schedule of the 3, but Mizzou game aside, UGA faced Florida Atlantic & Buffalo, and surrendered more pts in the 1st half to those 2 teams than USC has surrendered in all 3 complete games it played. Not sold on UGA defense, but the SEC scheduling gods certainly smiled on them so they may be the favorite.

BTW, USC has unimpressively out scored it's opponents 114-29.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.