What happens next week?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
While nobody seriously would think FAU gives us a game, how will we perform? FAU struggled to beat Wagner (an FCS team) 7-3, but were able to score 20 on Georgia and were tied 14-14 in the second quarter.

So will we go out and dominate like we should against a team like that or will we play sloppy like we did against Western Kentucky? Will Saban need to give the media another reprimand and give the team a tounge lashing during practice this week?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I personally think we do business as usual and play lots of reserves, which is going to pay big, big dividends down the line...

bama backer

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2006
Citrus Springs, Fla
I personally think we do business as usual and play lots of reserves, which is going to pay big, big dividends down the line...
I fully agree. Of interest to me is to see players on the 2nd and 3rd team offensive and defensive line get tested by a lot of playing time for near future needs. Also a good time to use different formations, stunts, and personnel packages etc.
:biga:Roll Tide Roll!

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
It would be interesting to know how we compare in this area with previous years. I would have to say our 2 and 3rd string have seen far more snaps this year than previous years at this point.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I noticed a large number of Freshmen playing. It is funny how many schools use the lure of early playing time to get players to sign with them, and then either don't play them or throw them out on the field before they are ready. Bama doesn't have to do that, and yet they still manage to work the new kids in the game as the season progresses. So, to good prospects out there who are trying to decide between Alabama and some other school promising you playing time, come on over. If you do your part and work hard and learn the system, you will get the playing time AND you will compete for championships.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Hopefully this game will be done by the 2nd quarter and give reserves a lot of meaningful snaps. I remember last year when we played North Texas our reserves came in and stopped North Texas I believe twice on the goaline. It just seems like that gave the players then, who are now mostly starters a ton of game experience for this year. JMO

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
1. Try to correct any miscue we have right now. Pass blocking. Communication at secondary. etc.
2. Develop quality depth. OL and secondary need quality depth. 2nd QB ely/sims need some game experience too.
3. STAY HEALTHY!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
A guy like Kenyan Drake gets to play good minutes against teams like Michigan and Arkansas. That's pretty impressive. He'll probably end up getting 50-60 carries as 4th/5th string.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
Not sure how to say this, but here goes...I hope the starters are able to build up endurance to play 4 quarters for when we need them. The only draw back to being so dominant is they are being pulled (rightfully so) usually in the 3rd quarter. Hopefully they get plenty of conditioning in practice.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not sure how to say this, but here goes...I hope the starters are able to build up endurance to play 4 quarters for when we need them. The only draw back to being so dominant is they are being pulled (rightfully so) usually in the 3rd quarter. Hopefully they get plenty of conditioning in practice.
Scott Cochran laughs at this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
When was the last time we had three shutouts in a row? I can see them trying for it again this weekend.

Not to mention it would be four shut outs in the last five games!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.