With Eddie Lacy being a Jr, does he stay for his Sr. year?

nazman

Apr 4, 2012
Hey Tidefans, I see where EL is a junior and wonder if he stays or goes pro. If he stays for his Sr. year, will this affect the RBs that are committed for 2013? I have been so impressed with the RBs this year. EL,TJY,DH and especially K. Drake. Drake and Yeldon have the potential to be as good as Ingram and Richardson before leaving the Capstone. I'm new here so forgive me if I don't know all the protocols. I'd love to hear your input!

:) ROLL TIDE :)

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Hey Tidefans, I see where EL is a junior and wonder if he stays or goes pro. If he stays for his Sr. year, will this affect the RBs that are committed for 2013? I have been so impressed with the RBs this year. EL,TJY,DH and especially K. Drake. Drake and Yeldon have the potential to be as good as Ingram and Richardson before leaving the Capstone. I'm new here so forgive me if I don't know all the protocols. I'd love to hear your input!

:) ROLL TIDE :)
I think he will weigh his options but will put a lot of stock into what CNS thinks he should do.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
McShay has him as the #5 RB in the draft. With Eddie's injury history, he'd be wise to go and get the money (first3 round money will last awhile if he's smart) now. I'd hate for him to come back and have a serious injury.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
McShay has him as the #5 RB in the draft. With Eddie's injury history, he'd be wise to go and get the money (first3 round money will last awhile if he's smart) now. I'd hate for him to come back and have a serious injury.
This. If he has any chance to go ahead and rake in some pro money he should go ahead and do it as soon as possible. Running back careers are short enough as it is usually.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I tend to agree with all of the above. Only if he has injury problems again this year and has to stay an extra year to prove durability should he stay an extra year...

nazman

Apr 4, 2012
My concerns also is EL's health. He needs to move on if he projects in the first 3 rounds. According to some sites we are in the running for 3 of the top RBs for 2013 and a log jam to get on the field seems to be already occurring with our depth and talent. I love how our guys compete to make eachother better! We have 4 backs that would be the featured back on any team in the country. Ira nice to be a Tide fan.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Our last 3 starting RBs(Coffee, Ingram & Richardson) have left after their Jr season. I don't think he stays. He looked much better against Arkansas than he did against Michigan and Western KY. If he stays healthy, he will will get some of that 1st round $$$.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'd be surprised if he stays. Running backs' market value in the top round continue to go down. Trent is an exception in today's NFL game and we saw yesterday why. Trent lit it up yesterday. But overall I don't think EL will bring Trent Richardson type of draft status.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree with ya Earle..Plus..He may be like Barrett Jones & wants to fully enjoy every moment of college life he can(which is very rare with draft picks)..I'm like everyone else..If he makes it through the season injury free..I hope he heads on to the NFL..
I tend to agree with all of the above. Only if he has injury problems again this year and has to stay an extra year to prove durability should he stay an extra year...

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
He used a redshirt year already. This would put him in year 4 now. Not sure how far along Eddie is towards a degree, but time to try to make some money.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Earle and RTO you are just too smart as you think like me! If EL can prove he is over his injury bug and have a great year, he would be daft to stay. A RB in the NFL only has so many carries in him, so he may as well get paid for them. Don't think he is bothered by any potential recruits, it is just what will be right for him. Sharing carries with the rest of the RBs will not hurt his draft position IMO. Didn't hurt TR to share with EL and JF last year did it?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'd love to see Lacy leave for the NFL, largely because that would mean that he did fairly well.

But, while he looked more like himself last game, he still has a long way to go to really. 4.6 average against Arkansas is not bad, but ULM and Jacksonville's State's lead rusher averaged 4.3 and 4.6 respectively. Eddie's 4 TDs is not bad, but his average is way, way down from his previous two seasons. There are reasons for that, but 4.2 average (and only one reception), is lagging well behind Ingram's 2010 average of 5.5 (and 21 receptions) and Trent's 5.9 (with 29 receptions).

Basically, to be in the same ballpark at all, he has to get dramatically better, as the defenses get dramatically better. We know he has the talent, but really, we only saw a few glimpses last game of Lacy playing like he'd need to, to really get the NFL's attention. As it is, if things continue like they could, his stock will drop as he puts up mediocre numbers. He's not a top 100 rusher right now. While he would get drafted, to me a lot remains before making the choice to leave for what could be a later round pick. I hope he is close enough to 100%, to really start to return to the level he was at, but leaving for the NFL is not the no brainer it could be at this point.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
A week ago we were saying Lacy had "lost it" and now he's a first-rounder?
He needs a great season to put the nagging injuries behind him.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
First off, anyone saying Lacy is a first rounder may need to look into how the draft works these says. Trent is the best back to come out of college since Adrian Peterson and people still think it was a reach to take him so high...that's just the state of the NFL. Teams would rather platoon backs... Lacy has a shot at being a 2nd or 3rd round pick possibly, and if that happens he has to jump imo. It benefits both parties in that case. If he projects as a late rounder things could get interesting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.