Question: How do you feel about FSU?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Re: How do feel about FSU?

FSU will find a way to blow a couple of games this year. I hope UF beats them so we can shut the talk of a weak or top heavy SEC.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I believe that they have the talent to make it through the season undefeated. Not sure that they could beal Alabama or LSU, but they are at the top of that next tier.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
I think the D will get a little more exposed this weekend. Folks have been raving about it the last week but they just haven't played anyone really. Will be more telling of their d after clemson game

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I don't think you've watched very much Virginia Tech football. You seem to be basing your analysis of them soley on the Pitt game. They played very poorly last week and had no business losing to a woeful Pitt team, but VPI is good for one or two of those in the early part of every season. Check their record over the last 5-6 years. A couple of years ago they lost to James Madison in week three and went on to win 10+ games and the ACC title. In terms of skill position talent, they're right there with FSU. Their QB has a passer rating of 130 on the year and most analysts project him as a first-rounder in April, the poor performance against Pitt nonwithstanding.

When they get their act together - and they eventually do every season - VPI has a good chance to still be the toughest opponent on FSU's schedule. Not saying Tech will beat them, but I think they'll give FSU all they can handle.
Wake me when VT beats a top 5 team...home, away, neutral site, anywhere.

Marty Pants

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
My take on FSU is the same as ND, USC and whoever else the media picks out to hopefully (from their point of view) unseat the SEC and specifically The Tide. It ain't gonna happen any time soon. I think FSU is overrated again. I think Jimbo is gonna eventually have them in a much better place but they're at least one year away. They have to play Clemson, Miami, Va Tech and Florida. If they win those games and win out, they will be in consideration for the NCG, but I just don't see it happening.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
They would struggle against the SEC.
Which is exactly why they joined the ACC years ago...

I think they are back to being better than the rest of the ACC which is where they were when they joined and several years later. It will be interesting to see how the season shapes up, right now there could be three or four undefeated. Probably should be Bama vs LSU in a rematch again but don't see that happening again.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A

As I've stated before, I went to an ACC school for undergrad (Bama for MBA) so I follow the ACC a bit. It's so random - FSU will whip #5 ranked Clemson one week and then lose to #75 Wake Forest the next. The Semi-noles (they don't even have entire Noles down there) will not be in the conversation come December.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

FSU will find a way to blow a couple of games this year. I hope UF beats them so we can shut the talk of a weak or top heavy SEC.
If UF beats them it will be because UF is back at the top of the SEC East. I have UF going 11-1 losing only to FSU. Would have picked UF in that one if at home.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

So far they have has a Cupcake schedule. I'd like to see if Clemson can come in and give and mess things up a little for them.

freefall

1st Team
Apr 30, 2009
Leesburg, VA

I am fully aware of VT history of starting out slow and getting better as the season progresses.

Not this year. I am convinced that VT is average at best.

Unfortunately I have to agree with sanjose here. This year has a different feel than years past when we stumbled out of the gate. For example, when we lost to JMU a couple years ago, it was only 5 days after a tough loss to boyzee. That doesn't excuse the loss, but at least provides some context. Despite the score we played poorly against AP and then didn't even show up against Pitt, and the most disheartening thing was that the defense got absolutely manhandled by a not-very-good Pitt team.

Lord knows I've been wrong before (I thought going in to this season that we had a very good defense, for example) but I say this is a 7-5 or 8-4 team, and I can't fathom how we beat either F$U or CU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.