Mel Kiper says Bama is overrated...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Mel Kiper says Bama is overated

I don't totally disagree with him. IMO the Missouri and LSU games will be the litmus test for this Alabama team, both on the road. I really don't believe UT can stand up to us.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Reading the full quote, he just said you can't pencil us into the NC game. He says we have some challenging games ahead. I'd rather the media say stuff like this than praise how awesome we are because it reinforces what CNS is trying to instill in our players.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Mel Kiper is a draft analyst, not a college football analyst. I hate when ESPN and others value their opinions on college football.

NatchezTider

All-SEC
Jan 13, 2000
Natchez, Ms. USA

then so is everybody else. just a pundit trying to gain some recognition. maybe he should have mentioned some of the other undefeated/ranked teams and their quality of play after 3 games. based on three games, bama has looked like the best team in the country. penalties have not been an issue. 4-5 running backs have been used. passes have been spread among the receivers. the kicking game has been solid. quarterback, line, linebacker, and secondary play has been solid.
i would love to know what this doofus is basing his observation on....other than he thinks it makes him sound intelligent and "in the know!"

ya can't fix stupid!

I don't totally disagree with him. IMO the Missouri and LSU games will be the litmus test for this Alabama team, both on the road. I really don't believe UT can stand up to us.

Do you think south carolina,lswho,gawja,usc,oregon,oklahoma, fsu and nd are overated? Be honest and dont use forrest gump ideology.

Last edited:

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

If that's the case, the whole top 5 is overrated too. Atleast we played 2 ranked teams. Florida State has played Savannah St., Murray St., and Wake Forest. Who has Oregon played? LSU? Oklahoma? I agree on the fact though that we haven't played the tough part of our schedule. I keep telling everybody to watch out for that Mizzou game.

Last edited:

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Kiper may be a blowhard at times, but he's no dummy. He's offering an educated opinion - you can take it or leave it. He's not looking for recognition, because he already has that in spades.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

He succeeded in what he wanted, everyone is talking about it in Alabama. Actually, this is good, maybe the players will hear this. :)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I wish he had made that comment prior to the Missouri or LSU games. That's just a motivator for the Crimson Tide. Did Coach call him and ask him to say this so that we stay down to earth, FOCUSED, and don't think we are world beaters YET.

dabamafan

2nd Team
May 8, 2002
murfreesboro,tn USA

I agree. We aren't going to know if Alabama can run the ball successfully against LSU till the game is played.Cowherd was hammering the SEC for some early out of conference losses and he had some good points. Would help if Meatchicken beats nd Saturday. Missouri and LSU might be our only real tests , though I never ever overlook ucheat.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com

I think we really won't know until November. If Alabama gets by Missouri (I really don't expect Mizzou to be a real challenge) and Tennessee (jury still out on how good they are) and beats LSU, then we'll know just how good this team is. No one has really been tested yet. I don't know just how good Michigan really is but I think they were really overrated and Arkansas was just a mess.

I will say that if Bama is overrated, the rest of the top five is also. Plus, Georgia and South Carolina don't impress me much either.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I agree. We aren't going to know if Alabama can run the ball successfully against LSU till the game is played.Cowherd was hammering the SEC for some early out of conference losses and he had some good points. Would help if Meatchicken beats nd Saturday. Missouri and LSU might be our only real tests , though I never ever overlook ucheat.
Texas A & M just may be a tougher opponent than Missouri. Obviously the crowd at Mizzou could be a factor there. But I think that A & M has some QUALITY offensive lineman where they could be able to run the ball. I'm sure their QB is going to continue to improve. Their whole team will continue improving as the season progresses.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County

It is actually good for the team to hear these comments. I want to entire nation of analyst to say Bama is overrated during the regular season. Players have to stay hungry.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I have to agree with the basic sentiment. I'm not sure about Michigan, we'll have to see how good they really are when they play Notre Dame. If they get blown out, it tells us that win means nothing.

But, I'm glad Alabama hasn't had to scrape by thus far. They are inexperienced at some positions and I'm more than willing to see the backups in the fourth quarter. I'm really not too worried about Missouri. I know it's a road game, but it's not like they are as good as South Carolina in 2010...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.