WR / ATH De'Runnya Wilson Updates

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Re: 2013 De'Runnya Wilson

Hard to see him getting an offer at this point. I imagine we will wait quite a while on Foster.

I suspect he would end up at a smaller school unless he wants to go prep and try for a real recruiting season with camps. Only Alabama St. can offer a guy with 4 catches. You need a camp (or 5) to show your stuff. His best bet is to end up on the Ala/Miss All
Stars and get looks in practice from the SEC.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: 2013 De'Runnya Wilson

Hard to see him getting an offer at this point. I imagine we will wait quite a while on Foster.

I suspect he would end up at a smaller school unless he wants to go prep and try for a real recruiting season with camps. Only Alabama St. can offer a guy with 4 catches. You need a camp (or 5) to show your stuff. His best bet is to end up on the Ala/Miss All
Stars and get looks in practice from the SEC.

It's rare but it happens.

Read this

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Planning on making the trip to Tuscaloosa this weekend. He's raw, but he looks like he could be a real standout player in time. The basketball issue is really complicating things, though.

bama_brannon

Scout Team
May 23, 2004
gainesville, fl, usa
It seems like multisport players were common in the past especially during the probation years but I cannot think of one that Saban has on his team. I also cannot think of one "project" that has been recruited either. I think that stems mostly from the fact that CNS can pretty much pick who he wants and with limited scholarships why use one on someone who will not be 100% committed to football or who may need far more time to develop than most of the other athletes on the recruiting board. I would be surprised if this young man gets an offer.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Would he be a candidate for both B-Ball and FB at UA?
Probably not. I honestly doubt we would take him, but you never know. I can see where he's got great long-term potential, and as long as we give out a scholarship to California long snappers, I suppose anything is possible.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Probably not. I honestly doubt we would take him, but you never know. I can see where he's got great long-term potential, and as long as we give out a scholarship to California long snappers, I suppose anything is possible.
Saban loves pure athletes, at least his recruiting tendencies show that. He's also big on kids who play bball and fball. combine that with Wilson's size, and I think he fits the mold for what we would offer, especially with the loss of Deon Johnson. It is an odd circumstance but, I'm kinda hoping we offer and he accepts.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
TTT. Interesting back and forth from two years back. Sometimes basketball players can turn into absolute football studs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban was asked about De'Runnya's recruitment yesterday. Link

Saban had good things to say about Wilson's high school evaluation with a slightly different take on the recruitment.

"I remember how very productive that he was," Saban said. "I remember going to the school and actually visiting his school, seeing him and meeting him. I thought he would be a really good player because he had great size and was a great athlete and he has certainly proved us to be absolutely correct because he uses his size really, really well, he's got great hands, he's a good athlete, he plays with a lot of toughness."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.