2012 Upper Deck Alabama trading cards

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
I picked up a box from a shop I go to from time to time in Nashville and will get a few more from a dealer I know in AL at a good price next time I'm down that way. I got a signed Jay Barker base card in the last pack in the box. I was pleased with what I got. A complete base set and didn't get any duplicates of the inserts. I ended up with 20 base card duplicates including a Big Al which is now in the possession of my 3 yr old granddaughter. She's been running around the bonus room with it and wants to sleep with it. Amazing the things that pacify a little one! Also anyone in AL I read that Targets & Wal-Marts are suppose to have 10 pack blaster boxes for $19.99 and each box includes a pennant from one of Bama's 14 Nat. Championships but I'm not sure if you get an autographed card in those. The Bryant Museum gift shop is also carrying these blaster boxes.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
...Also anyone in AL I read that Targets & Wal-Marts are suppose to have 10 pack blaster boxes for $19.99 and each box includes a pennant from one of Bama's 14 Nat. Championships but I'm not sure if you get an autographed card in those...
The base set autograph cards are "randomly" spread throughout the packs at a one-per-30-packs ratio (I think that's the number) with the other autographs plugged in "randomly" as well which, in the end, gives you an autographed card in every 20 packs or so. Since the packs get boxed in the same order they get packed if you buy a box with over 20 packs, i.e. the hobby box, then you are virtually guaranteed an autograph in the box. If you're lucky, like I was with one of my boxes, then you could get two in one box. Since the blaster boxes only have 10 packs then you've likely got roughly a 50% chance of getting an autograph in that box.

Sent from my Asus EEE Pad Transformer using Tapatalk 2

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I got 2 boxes today.Pulled McElroy and Scott Hunter auto cards.They are really beautiful cards.
Also, it seems to me that you pretty much get an entire standard base set & base Roll Tide Roll set in each hobby box. Since I bought three hobby boxes I believe I have three full base sets (cards 1 through 100). I'm trying to get a full collection (non-autographed :) ) set for myself and a second for my dad. The cards I have that are in the best condition, obviously, are going into those two sets. At this point, though, I'm almost positive that I've got a full third set of those 100 cards. The vast majority of them are NM/M (Near Mint to Mint) with a few VG (Very Good) and a handful G (Good) condition cards. If someone was interested in those cards, I'd make you a real good deal. :)

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Has anyone found the cards yet at any retail stores (Walmart target etc?) I hear the retail card boxes have some special cards that don't exist in the 24 pack boxes that card shops sell.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Has anyone found the cards yet at any retail stores (Walmart target etc?) I hear the retail card boxes have some special cards that don't exist in the 24 pack boxes that card shops sell.
I haven't. I've checked the Wal-Mart and Target locations in Florence, Muscle Shoals, and Madison (not Huntsville). No one at any of those locations knew anything about the cards, much less if and when they would get them. You can, however, order the retail boxes ("Blaster Boxes") directly from Upper Deck. They're $19.99 plus shipping. However, you can register with the website for a free account and get a coupon code ("REGISTER") that's good for 20% off your order, which makes the boxes $15.99 plus shipping ($11.94 for UPS Ground for me).

The only thing that I know of that the Blaster Boxes have that the Hobby Boxes do not are the Replica Pennants:

Where/what did you hear about certain cards only being in those boxes? Was it maybe the pennants or something else?

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Pennants are what I was referring to.

And yes, I've had the same experience around town. No stores know anything about the cards. Even the local card store owner was shocked that no one was buying them. They've done no advertising whatsoever. Most people simply don't know they exist.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Pennants are what I was referring to.

And yes, I've had the same experience around town. No stores know anything about the cards. Even the local card store owner was shocked that no one was buying them. They've done no advertising whatsoever. Most people simply don't know they exist.
I've noticed the exact same thing.

On the "local card store owner" thing - are you saying that a local specialty shop has/had them in stock? Also, where's "local" for you? :)

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
I've noticed the exact same thing.

On the "local card store owner" thing - are you saying that a local specialty shop has/had them in stock? Also, where's "local" for you? :)
I live in Hoover, AL. Theres a card shop called CJ's in Vestavia. They are selling boxes for $46 and the guy working there said no one was really buying them yet.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
I just ordered two blaster boxes and one regular box. Looking forward to seeing what I get.

Does anyone know how many of these were printed? Hopefully not many
There is a parallel set of the first 100 cards, and there are 50 of each in total. That means 5,000. If they are 1 per box, then there should be about 5,000 boxes. The blaster boxes miht throw things off, but that should only be a fraction of the market.

If there are 5k boxes, then there are like 250 cases out there. Not many given how many card stores are out there, but this is a nitch product. I expect a sellout for Christmas. That is what I am loading up for.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Anyone interested in going in on a 20 box case it would be about $44 a box?
Just bought 5 from http://www.dcssportscards.com/ for $44 a box. Free shipping and a $5 off coupon out there.

Wonder how the prices will turn out lomg term. Texas 2011s are going for like $30.

I haven't bought a sports card in 16 years but I would buy a 2014 product too if UD felt inclined to make one. Plently of new NFL rookies by then (Lacy, AJ, Jones, Warmack, Fluker, Square, Williams, Milliner, Lester, Nico, CJ, and maybe more if you can believe it).

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
I ordered two boxes. They are really nice cards. They're suppose to come with one autographed card each, but mine came with two each.

Don McNeal
Chris Goode
Steve Whitman
Dennis Homan

cptww

Scout Team
Jul 25, 2008
I just tried to order from the on-line store above and they were out. Sent e-mail to them about future availability. RTR

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Got my order from Upper Deck and finally went through the last box. I think I've figured out some of the print run numbers. Here are the best cards I got out of the bunch:

I've got to run; I'll post more details later. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.