Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Pennants are what I was referring to.

And yes, I've had the same experience around town. No stores know anything about the cards. Even the local card store owner was shocked that no one was buying them. They've done no advertising whatsoever. Most people simply don't know they exist.

2. Advertisement

Re: 2012 Upper Deck Alabama trading cards

I just ordered two blaster boxes and one regular box. Looking forward to seeing what I get.

Does anyone know how many of these were printed? Hopefully not many
    "The first fifty yards I was praying no one would catch me, the last fifty yards I was praying that someone would." Lee Ozmint

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Pennants are what I was referring to.

And yes, I've had the same experience around town. No stores know anything about the cards. Even the local card store owner was shocked that no one was buying them. They've done no advertising whatsoever. Most people simply don't know they exist.
    I've noticed the exact same thing.

On the "local card store owner" thing - are you saying that a local specialty shop has/had them in stock? Also, where's "local" for you?
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    I've noticed the exact same thing.

On the "local card store owner" thing - are you saying that a local specialty shop has/had them in stock? Also, where's "local" for you?
    I live in Hoover, AL. Theres a card shop called CJ's in Vestavia. They are selling boxes for $46 and the guy working there said no one was really buying them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE-BAMA View Post
    I just ordered two blaster boxes and one regular box. Looking forward to seeing what I get.

Does anyone know how many of these were printed? Hopefully not many
    There is a parallel set of the first 100 cards, and there are 50 of each in total. That means 5,000. If they are 1 per box, then there should be about 5,000 boxes. The blaster boxes miht throw things off, but that should only be a fraction of the market.

If there are 5k boxes, then there are like 250 cases out there. Not many given how many card stores are out there, but this is a nitch product. I expect a sellout for Christmas. That is what I am loading up for.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Anyone interested in going in on a 20 box case it would be about $44 a box?

Quote Originally Posted by im4datide View Post
    Anyone interested in going in on a 20 box case it would be about $44 a box?
    Just bought 5 from http://www.dcssportscards.com/ for $44 a box. Free shipping and a $5 off coupon out there.

Wonder how the prices will turn out lomg term. Texas 2011s are going for like $30.

I haven't bought a sports card in 16 years but I would buy a 2014 product too if UD felt inclined to make one. Plently of new NFL rookies by then (Lacy, AJ, Jones, Warmack, Fluker, Square, Williams, Milliner, Lester, Nico, CJ, and maybe more if you can believe it).

Mine came in. Trades welcome. Multiple Icons and Autogrpahs trade, want #/50 cards.

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar
    My Mood
    Lurking on TideFans.com

I ordered two boxes. They are really nice cards. They're suppose to come with one autographed card each, but mine came with two each.

Don McNeal
    Chris Goode
    Steve Whitman
    Dennis Homan

I just tried to order from the on-line store above and they were out. Sent e-mail to them about future availability. RTR

Wonder if UD will be shocked if these sell out. Dd you try http://www.dacardworld.com/

Not where I got mine but many on here ordered from there.

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar
    My Mood
    Lurking on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bamalawdawg View Post
    Wonder if UD will be shocked if these sell out. Dd you try http://www.dacardworld.com/

Not where I got mine but many on here ordered from there.
    That's where I got mine from. Just last week.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    That's where I got mine from. Just last week.
    Order some from them on Tues. & their site shows you can still order from them.