2012 Upper Deck Alabama trading cards

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Has anyone seen this yet? I remember collecting the coca-cola brand alabama cards as a kid back in the late 80s or early 90s. Looks awesome!

namath70

Scout Team
Jun 16, 2009
I don't know if anyone caught the blooper in the ad pitch, but he said Darryl Hannah was on of the players in this set. This guy must have spent some time around Gary Danielson.

bamaboy007

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 26, 2006
I purchased 2 boxes straight from Upper Deck on their website for 49.99 each and they will be here tomorrow (friday 5th)

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I haven't been able to see if the autograph cards they are talking about are actual autographs or just prints of their signatures. Does anyone have any details regarding the actual autograph cards?

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I haven't been able to see if t
he autograph cards they are talking about are actual autographs or just prints of their signatures. Does anyone have any details regarding the actual autograph cards?
I cant see them all so I don't know if they have any with print autographs but the ones listed under the autographed section are actual autographs. The players/coaches sign clear stickers which are then placed on the card

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I haven't been able to see if the autograph cards they are talking about are actual autographs or just prints of their signatures. Does anyone have any details regarding the actual autograph cards?
Not a stupid question at all. They are actual autographs but the players/coaches probably didn't sign the actual cards. I can't say for certain that they didn't but that would be my guess. The autographs appear to be on a small, transparent, slightly holographic applique affixed to the cards. I don't think this would affect the value, from a collector's standpoint, and would actually make them more difficult to counterfeit. I've inserted a picture below to show you what it looks like, and maybe to brag a little. ;)

I got 2 boxes today.Pulled McElroy and Scott Hunter auto cards.They are really beautiful cards.
Yeah, I'm really liking these cards. I bought 3 boxes off the dave and adam's card site and had them shipped. They were packed well but UPS was a little rough with the package. One of the hobby boxes had a slightly smashed corner and so four or five packs had slight marks or indentions in the top right corners on the cards. Nothing too major, though, as pressing them in a screw-down case would fix the issue. It would relegate a handful of the cards to VG (Very Good) and the rest to NM (Near Mint) state, I believe. The bad thing is that, as luck would have it, one of the autographed cards was in one of those packs. On the plus side, though, I got an extra autograph card so that kind of makes up for it. :)

The full collection is made up of:

- A 100 card Base Set, which has 88 player/coach cards and 12 Roll Tide Roll cards. The Roll Tide Toll cards feature iconic events such as the first game played at BDS, the Run in the Mud, The Kick, The Catch, The '92 Sugar Bowl, and the 2009 and 2011 BCS National Championship Games. There are parallel "Gold" cards for the base set which look the same except for a gold rather than crimson background on the back of the card and a numbering stamp on the front showing the card's number out of 50 (the Wilbur Jackson card in the second picture below is a gold card - the numbering stamp is right above his name: 18/50).

- A 78 card Autographs Base Set. The face of these cards is almost identical to the player's or coach's card in the Base Set except for the autograph on, obviously. There is a different style on the back of the card to denote that it is an autographed card. These cards aren't numbered. The Sylvester Croom, David Palmer, and Freddie Milons cards in the first picture are of this type.

- A 20 card All-Americans Set, featuring 20 different Alabama players who earned that honor.

- An 18 card All-American Autographs Set, featuring 18 of the standard All-Americans Set. These cards have the autograph and a stamped numbering on the front (out of 25) as well as a different style on the back to denote that it is an autographed card. The Dwight Stephenson card in the first picture is one of these cards.

- A 30 card All-Time Alumni Set, which features most of the players from the All-Americans Set and a few other notable Bama players, such as Croyle, Krauss, Starr, Gilmer, Julio, Bryant, Shealy, et al.

- A 24 card All-Time Alumni Autographs Set, featuring 24 of the players from the standard All-Time Alumni Set. These cards are also numbered out of 25.

- A 10 card All-Time Alumni Duos Set, featuring 10 different pairs of notable Bama "Duos" such as John Croyle & Brodie Croyle, Ingram & Richardson, and Namath & Stabler. Some of the duos repeat players and/or are a little bit odd such as Shaun Alexander & Mark Ingram, Julio & Ozzie, Barker & Stabler, Namath & Stabler, and Stabler & Starr.

- An 8 card All-Time Alumni Duos Autographs Set, featuring eight of the standard "Duos" in the above set that follow the same autographed card design as the other sets but these are numbered out of only 10, making these cards much more rare.

- A 5 card All-Time Alumni Trios Set, featuring 5 different sets of notable Bama "Trios" such as Ingram, Humphrey, and Alexander.

- A 4 card All-Time Alumni Trios Autographs Set, featuring 4 of the standard "Trios" that are similarly autographed and stamped but these are only numbered out of 3, making these cards extremely rare.

- A 21 card Crimson Tide Icons Set, featuring 21 famous Bama players/coached. These are basically gold foil cards. The Croyle, Newsome, Cook, Hannah, Bryant, and Julio Jones cards in the second picture are of this set. There are no autographed versions of this set.

- A 25 card National Champions Set, featuring notable players/coaches from different National Championship years.

- A 22 card National Champions Autographs Set, consisting of 22 of the standard set following the same autograph style as the other sets, numbered out of 25.

- A 5 card National Championship Duos Set, featuring 5 different pairs of notable Bama "Duos": Barker & Wimbley, Wayne Wheeler & Wilbur Jackson, Namath & Perkins, McElroy & Ingram, and Richardson & Maze.

- A 5 card National Championship Duos Autographs Set, consisting of the same cards in the standard set following the same autograph style as the other sets, numbered out of 10.

- A 2 card National Championship Trios Set, featuring these notable Bama "Trios": Ray Perkins, Paul Crane, & Joe Namath and Dre Kirkpatrick, Trent Richardson, & Marquis Maze.

- A 2 card National Championship Trios Autographs Set, featuring both of the standard "Trios" that are similarly autographed and stamped but these are only numbered out of 3, making these cards extremely rare.

The "Hobby Box" - about $50 - contains 24 packs of 8 cards and has at least one autographed card in each box. There is also a retail "Blaster Box" - about $20 - that contains 10 packs of 8 cards as well as a random National Championship Pennant of which there are, unsurprisingly, 14 different ones to collect.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Im a bit late to the party, but heres my autographed cards below. Other cards worth mentioning are Richardson, Langham, the bear and Lamonde Russull gold icon cards.

(icon cards in my next post)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.