Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
He's having a heckuva game. Just made a nice catch and run for a first down, then picked up a blitz allowing Weeden to hit a pass to the TE over the middle for another first down.
No doubt. He's having a heckuva game. But right now he's more effective as a receiver than a RB because of the inability of the Brown's OL to block for him.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
No doubt. He's having a heckuva game. But right now he's more effective as a receiver than a RB because of the inability of the Brown's OL to block for him.
Yeah, they're surely going to have to build up the team. Hopefully, the reports of Cleveland's ownership taking winning seriously are true.

I know I sure miss guys like Trent, Julio, Ingram and Upshaw already.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Yeah, they're surely going to have to build up the team. Hopefully, the reports of Cleveland's ownership taking winning seriously are true.

I know I sure miss guys like Trent, Julio, Ingram and Upshaw already.
No doubt. I do to. I'd love to see Cleveland back as a main stay in the playoffs. Get Trent in the playoffs and I can only imagine him taking his game to another level.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I hope you're right Brad. I'd love for Trent to add a superbowl ring to his collection of NC rings. But the onus is on the Cleveland Browns' front office. They have been one of the most inept organizations in the NFL for a LONG, LONG time. Are they turning over a new leaf? I hope so. But history says otherwise. Just watching them this season they have a long ways to go.
By long time are you talking about since 1999 when this organization came into the league? All that art left was the name when he moved to Baltimore.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
By long time are you talking about since 1999 when this organization came into the league? All that art left was the name when he moved to Baltimore.
From 1999 to 2011 they've made zero progress. It's been 13 years of ineptness. With as many high round draft picks as they've had in 13 years they should be much, much further along.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Hyperbole much? I understand the frustration, but with the way the draft is designed Trent won't be the last BAMA great we see end up on a bottom feeder NFL team. We will be sending a lot of guys to the first few picks the next few years and I hate it for them.

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
From first to worst... it breaks my heart. This guy is all in when it comes to giving 100%. He is on a team that will lose more games in the first half of his first NFL season than he did his entire college career. I know the money is good, and I am happy for his family, but the Browns organization's attention to detail does not match their top players' attention to detail, and that is a painful process for me to watch.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
From first to worst... it breaks my heart. This guy is all in when it comes to giving 100%. He is on a team that will lose more games in the first half of his first NFL season than he did his entire college career. I know the money is good, and I am happy for his family, but the Browns organization's attention to detail does not match their top players' attention to detail, and that is a painful process for me to watch.
remember how warren sapp turned around tampa bay. you get a good core of young players (which the browns have) and they will eventually come to dominate.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Trent's the player they build around. Youngest team in the NFL. My Broncos sent them to the bottom, :) maybe Trent will bring them to the top.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
Im a Steelers fan; but Tr3nt Richardson is my fav NFL player; with Julio coming in 2nd. I've watched every Browns offensive series this year just to see Tr3nt play. I think the Browns may be my 2nd/3rd fav team along with the Falcons. I know as a Steelers fan, you arent supposed to like the Browns...But My Crimson Tide allegience far outweighs my nfl team allegience...Roll Tr3nt Roll!!!

Last edited:

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Profanity is not allowed on this forum. Be very, very careful!;)

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Trent is playing really strong, don't forget he just came off surgery & to me he is amazing. I know exactly what you are saying Buzzard, if you recall the TB Bucs were in the Trent draft talk & I just hoped they would not get him. Even being able to watch him all the time.

Some teams just don't do well with running backs, any running back.

All you can do is hope the organization gets him the support he needs to really show off his skills. There was one play I really liked on team effort. A wide receiver was open in the middle about 20 yards out, Weeden threw instead to Trent about 5 yards down & he started up the sideline. The WE ran across the field & made an incredible block that sprang Trent for another 5 yards.

Best of all Trent is getting paid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.