Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
What a ridiculous statement. How can you write him off this soon? Barry Sanders played for an awful team in Detroit but still had one of the best careers ever for a rb.
Last nights stats

Weeden 52 Pass Attempts
Richardson 14 Carries

The Browns are an inept organization. Why give your #1 pick and the guy you paid boatloads of cash only a fraction of the plays you gave your #2 guy? A guy who's looked pathetic in 4 starts?

His career may not go down the drain, but as long as the Browns have their current coaching staff, his future's not looking too bright. That's by no fault of his own, he's just in a bad spot.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Cleveland is a pitiful run organization. My statement has nothing to do with Trent or his ability but everything to do with the instability Cleveland has shown for how many years now? And as much as I love Trent, the "ridiculous statement" is comparing him to Barry Sanders. I wish he would have went to a different organization.
I also wish Trent had gone to a great 'run-team'.
BUT
Cleveland drafted him and is paying the bills.

My preference would have been to add Trent to the Atlanta Offensive arsenal.
Jones and Richardson would have made them a tremendous Offensive threat.
Maybe they could have done the things for the Falcons that they did for us...

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
And for anyone making excuses for the Browns, the Houston Texans have only been around 10 seasons and they are one of the most well run organizations in all of football. They've had some growing pains, but 10 years into their existence and many people consider them one of the top 2-3 teams in the league this year. The Browns couldn't be further from where the Texans are.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Trent is playing really strong, don't forget he just came off surgery & to me he is amazing. I know exactly what you are saying Buzzard, if you recall the TB Bucs were in the Trent draft talk & I just hoped they would not get him. Even being able to watch him all the time.

Some teams just don't do well with running backs, any running back.

All you can do is hope the organization gets him the support he needs to really show off his skills. There was one play I really liked on team effort. A wide receiver was open in the middle about 20 yards out, Weeden threw instead to Trent about 5 yards down & he started up the sideline. The WE ran across the field & made an incredible block that sprang Trent for another 5 yards.

Best of all Trent is getting paid now.
That guy blocked like a Bama WR... :D

I also wish Trent had gone to a great 'run-team'.
BUT
Cleveland drafted him and is paying the bills.

My preference would have been to add Trent to the Atlanta Offensive arsenal.
Jones and Richardson would have made them a tremendous Offensive threat.
Maybe they could have done the things for the Falcons that they did for us...
There really isn't a great 'run-team' in the NFL at this point.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Trent did fine...but Cleveland needs some receivers who can catch -- among other things. The Ravens are a tough team to run against... This is a passing league -- and imho what you have to look at are "YFTLOS" (yards from the line of scrimmage) more than pure rushing yards. At least they did not run him 30 times into the middle of the line and get him beat up! BTW, he had more YPC than did Ray Rice...and I can guarantee that Cleveland's defense is nowhere near as strong as Baltimore. BTW, watched a little of Stanford -- Washington. Found it ironic that the announcers kept saying that Stanford could compete with the SEC teams on the DL -- and then they lost! UW played a really tough game...hung in there well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Last nights stats

Weeden 52 Pass Attempts
Richardson 14 Carries

The Browns are an inept organization. Why give your #1 pick and the guy you paid boatloads of cash only a fraction of the plays you gave your #2 guy? A guy who's looked pathetic in 4 starts?

His career may not go down the drain, but as long as the Browns have their current coaching staff, his future's not looking too bright. That's by no fault of his own, he's just in a bad spot.
Did Alabama try to run the ball down LSU's throat when they loaded the box in the BCSCG?

JMO, but I think that they made the right play calls, but the Ravens defense was the Ravens defense. Sometimes the other team dictates your success.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
And for anyone making excuses for the Browns, the Houston Texans have only been around 10 seasons and they are one of the most well run organizations in all of football. They've had some growing pains, but 10 years into their existence and many people consider them one of the top 2-3 teams in the league this year. The Browns couldn't be further from where the Texans are.
^^^^This.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Did Alabama try to run the ball down LSU's throat when they loaded the box in the BCSCG?

JMO, but I think that they made the right play calls, but the Ravens defense was the Ravens defense. Sometimes the other team dictates your success.
Maybe the numbers will show differently but from just watching the game, they passed on 1st down a LOT. Then I saw where Brad Childress is doing the play calling. No surprise there.

I don't necessarily think they should run Trent in the ground, but 25 touches a game should be mandatory. Had 18 total touches last night. That extra 7 may have been game changing.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe the numbers will show differently but from just watching the game, they passed on 1st down a LOT. Then I saw where Brad Childress is doing the play calling. No surprise there.

I don't necessarily think they should run Trent in the ground, but 25 touches a game should be mandatory. Had 18 total touches last night. That extra 7 may have been game changing.
Did Trent have 25 touches in the BCSCG?

Sorry - just looked it up - he had 22 - pretty close.

Last edited:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Last nights stats

Weeden 52 Pass Attempts
Richardson 14 Carries

The NFL is a business and the less carries TR gets, IMO the better for him in the long term. It is less of a strain on him, ie. less chance of getting injured, etc. Also, I am sure in the NFL, the play calling is based on what look the defense is giving you. I know at the high school I coach at (6A), we give our QB a run/pass option every play. It is up to him to see what the defense is giving us and to put us in the right play call. I don't claim to be as knowledgeable as the NFL guru's but I can assure you they are doing the same thing (plus) in their play calling.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
A few things.

A.) Trent is in the NFL, it is a job. His job is to perform and he is being paid very very very well to do that. His career will not "go down the drain" just because he is on a perennial cellar dweller team! He will have a long career, barring injury and if he is smart he will be set for life. I wish him well, but I highly highly highly feel very little sorrow for him!!!!!! He is getting the opportunity of a lifetime and is getting treated like a king while playing the game he loves. He deserves every bit of it because he is a class act also.
B.) I started last night on my, "Boycott the NFL" journey. I decided after Monday Night's debacle that I will no longer be watching. Roger Goodell had the opportunity to do the right thing and overturn the call but he showed his true color's by allowing the corrupt officials ruin a beautiful game, the game of football.

riggstidefan7

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 10, 2011
Guin, AL
I'm a Ravens fan, but watching the game I found myself pulling for Trent every time he touched the ball. They just need to draft some linemen. And you think Trent has it bad, Ingram's talent is being wasted in New Orleans.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I'm a Ravens fan, but watching the game I found myself pulling for Trent every time he touched the ball. They just need to draft some linemen. And you think Trent has it bad, Ingram's talent is being wasted in New Orleans.
There are plenty of proven lineman in the NFL already...not all of Cleveland's holes need to be filled through the draft. All top notch teams make moves through free agency.

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
I too am a Ravens fan and was at the game last night and w/ every touch I gave a strong Roll Tide yell... so yes, I was pulling for Trent as well. The folks that sit around me are used to it as I do the same for Cody and Upshaw when they make a play.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
it isnt Goodell's fault the packers lost; or the officials for that matter. it was the packers fault, they lost. if the DB had just knocked the ball down, that call wouldnt have mattered, but as is the case in all of pro sports...he had to be a hero, and get his self an int for the stats. what about all the sacks green bay gave up, their are plenty other reasons why the packers lost, and it wasnt just that one play. when has the nfl ever taken a win away from someone after the game was played? NEVER!!! THE REGULAR OFFICIALS HAVE THEIR "BAD" CALLS TOO!!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
A few things.

A.) Trent is in the NFL, it is a job. His job is to perform and he is being paid very very very well to do that. His career will not "go down the drain" just because he is on a perennial cellar dweller team! He will have a long career, barring injury and if he is smart he will be set for life. I wish him well, but I highly highly highly feel very little sorrow for him!!!!!! He is getting the opportunity of a lifetime and is getting treated like a king while playing the game he loves. He deserves every bit of it because he is a class act also.
B.) I started last night on my, "Boycott the NFL" journey. I decided after Monday Night's debacle that I will no longer be watching. Roger Goodell had the opportunity to do the right thing and overturn the call but he showed his true color's by allowing the corrupt officials ruin a beautiful game, the game of football.
From that standpoint yes. But I'm not looking at it from that broad of a perspective (his financial security, it's a "job" etc.) I'm looking at it from a fan's perspective. The perspective of wanting Trent to have a career that is inline with his physical talent. As Redstar has mentioned. The Texans have been in business for less time than the Browns and both organizations couldn't be further apart. Granted, it doesn't mean the Browns cannot or will not change the culture. But after 13 years of bad management, bad decisions, bad draft picks and one blundering season after another. It is hard to put confidence they will all of a sudden start making more right decisions than wrong.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
it isnt Goodell's fault the packers lost; or the officials for that matter. it was the packers fault, they lost. if the DB had just knocked the ball down, that call wouldnt have mattered, but as is the case in all of pro sports...he had to be a hero, and get his self an int for the stats. what about all the sacks green bay gave up, their are plenty other reasons why the packers lost, and it wasnt just that one play. when has the nfl ever taken a win away from someone after the game was played? NEVER!!! THE REGULAR OFFICIALS HAVE THEIR "BAD" CALLS TOO!!!
Are you done now???:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.