Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
touching the ball 25-30 times a season for a running back is a career shortener, IMO. Being balanced and managing how much strain he gets is better for a lengthy career.

Pass happy league, not run happy league.
I didn't say 25-30 rushing attempts. I said 25 touches. Trent only carried the ball 14 times last night. He had 4 receptions. Trent is a more than capable receiver. He could/should be used in Cleveland's passing game the same way Baltimore uses Ray Rice and how Philly uses Shady McCoy. So if Trent gets 15-18 carries and 5-7 receptions a game, I think that's getting your money's worth.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I didn't say 25-30 rushing attempts. I said 25 touches. Trent only carried the ball 14 times last night. He had 4 receptions. Trent is a more than capable receiver. He could/should be used in Cleveland's passing game the same way Baltimore uses Ray Rice and how Philly uses Shady McCoy. So if Trent gets 15-18 carries and 5-7 receptions a game, I think that's getting your money's worth.
I think you are right, and I believe we will see exactly that type of contribution as the season progresses. I also think that Weeden takes too long to decide to check down to Richardson. There were 4/5 opportunities last night in which the best option was Trent, but Weeden didn't go through his progressions quickly enough to get him the ball. As Weeden catches up with the speed of the game, we will see improvement in this area (I hope).

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
I haven't gone through each page of this thread, so I apologize if it's been mentioned. I thought Cleveland played pretty well. Their problem is at wide receiver. Several drops, one for a touchdown. Hopefully they can draft a few great players at that position. I look for them to improve as the season goes on. Lets hope so for Trents sake.

BamaFanFromTN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 19, 1999
Fayetteville, TN, US
I completely understand all of that. Doesn't mean I can't express my displeasure of it though. As competitive as Trent is I'm not so sure I'd go as far to say "I'm sure..." he would rather have a bigger payday and perpetually play on a losing team or take less money and be on a winning team. The "less" money still big time money.
Has to be rough on Trent; he has lost as many games in 4 weeks as he did his whole Alabama career.

Last edited:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
if you have to cheer for individual players, how do you decide what pro team you support. Bama players sit on a LOT of NFL rosters. I root for Alabama, and cheer for the players success, but not at the expense of the pro team I support. Once pro, the allegiance is lost...even though I wish them much success in their careers.
To each their own. I'm from Mississippi and live in Alabama, so I've never really had a pro team to pull for until recently. Over the last few seasons I've become a big Houston Texans fan because I know a couple of people within the organization and it's given me a rooting interest. I've always watched the NFL, but I've always rooted for teams based on specific players. Growing up it was Green Bay because of Favre (this was early 2000's) Then it was the Seahawks because of Alexander.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Has to be rough on Trent; he has lost as many games in 4 weeks as he did his whole Alabama career.
I'm sure from a competetive point of view, its g tough to lose...its tough to lose at any level. Since hes making a few million more now than he was at Bama, I think he'll overcome that aspect. Im sure he'd rather win, but it is a job, and he is getting paid quite well for it.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
I haven't gone through each page of this thread, so I apologize if it's been mentioned. I thought Cleveland played pretty well. Their problem is at wide receiver. Several drops, one for a touchdown. Hopefully they can draft a few great players at that position. I look for them to improve as the season goes on. Lets hope so for Trents sake.
They have two rookie WR's getting time. With a rookie QB and RB, it takes some time.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
To each their own. I'm from Mississippi and live in Alabama, so I've never really had a pro team to pull for until recently. Over the last few seasons I've become a big Houston Texans fan because I know a couple of people within the organization and it's given me a rooting interest. I've always watched the NFL, but I've always rooted for teams based on specific players. Growing up it was Green Bay because of Favre (this was early 2000's) Then it was the Seahawks because of Alexander.
I absolutely agree with you, everybody has their own ideas and views. Some people follow a team and root for the players the team takes, others root for a player and follow the team he goes to.

I always like to see bama players do well in the NFL also. it just doesnt make me pull for a specific team they're drafted by. The NFL is and always will be about money. Players getting paid millions, and owners making millions more.
while I feel for them losing when they arent used to it, I find it hard to cry for a player even if they're on a losing team. Its a business, and theyre compensated pretty well..especially when youre drafted in the top 10 overall.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
And yes you can express your displeasure all you want. Show me where I have attacked and told you not to use this forum as a means to express yourself...
We as Alabama fans need to root for our former players but need to also get used to them going to perennial loser teams.-You
Now you can get all technical and say "I didn't specifically say you couldn't express yourself." But the spirit of this comment points directly to it without having to say it.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
Lot's of Browns fans here in my office. To a person, they all thought they had a perfectly serviceable QB in McCoy and that the Browns should have taken a WR with their second pick in the 1st. The Weeden pick made absolutely no sense. The new owner is going to fire the whole lot up there and they will have to start over.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Lot's of Browns fans here in my office. To a person, they all thought they had a perfectly serviceable QB in McCoy and that the Browns should have taken a WR with their second pick in the 1st. The Weeden pick made absolutely no sense. The new owner is going to fire the whole lot up there and they will have to start over.
Agreed - too many other greater needs unless you believe that Weeden has "franchise" QB ability.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I sure wish that he was playing for the Houston Texans! His career would be much longer and he would probably be unstoppable. Hopefully, he will not suffer an injury until they get an OL line worthy of him.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Weeden has loooked head and shoulders above what McCoy has shown in just these few games. The problem isnt at QB. The problem is WR and offensive line.

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
Good grief, give the guy a chance...
I don't think anyone is not giving Trent a chance. I think it is frustration with the Browns' organization. If there was a glimmer of hope in the front office's track record, many of us wouldn't be half as sad or frustrated. He is doing a phenomenal job despite the handicaps of the coaching staff and organization.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I sure wish that he was playing for the Houston Texans! His career would be much longer and he would probably be unstoppable. Hopefully, he will not suffer an injury until they get an OL line worthy of him.
You're right about the injury thing if he was on the roster of the Texans. It's tough to get hurt sitting on the bench watching Arian Foster run the ball. Trent would get his chances there too, but you're not going to start in front of a guy like Foster who puts up huge numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.