Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Now you can get all technical and say "I didn't specifically say you couldn't express yourself." But the spirit of this comment points directly to it without having to say it.
Really dude...:rolleyes:

You know me well enough that if I was specifically wanting to call you out I would do it in a not so round about way.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
I sure would have LOVED to see him in Atlanta...with him there I believe that would have put Atl in the drivers seat for the Super Bowl.

Cleveland's issue is their defense, it is awful.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
Good players usually get drafted by poor teams. Thats the way it is.
our players have gotten some good breaks though. Trent has gone to the worst team by far. Most of the rest have gone to decent/good teams outside of Rolando to the Raiders.

I still think Trent is going to make a big impact but he won't win a Superbowl there.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Yes, he is the only great player on that team, but he will be adored in Ohio if he stays healthy and keeps playing like this. He can make mountains of money here in Ohio outside of his NFL income.

He looks even better playing for Cleveland than he looked at Alabama. I mean, he is supposed to run over and carry players in college. He is not supposed to be able to do that to the Ravens, but he is.
SEC Defenses are vastly superior to NFL Defenses.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
First Trent has been injured, I don't understand why folks don't get that
Second Sure more is expected with the Indy O Line
Third their runs are predictable so D's know it's coming

Mark & Trent need to be on another team where they are. Appreciated.

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
The problem is your third point, the 3rd and 4th string backs seem to be doing just fine when they are in the game. Trent looks hesitant and slow, he is making WAY too much money for what he has produced. I see him probably getting a big pay cut or being traded shortly and end up as some teams second or third back. If his game doesn't pick up he will be out of the game in a year or two.
Mark on the other hand runs very hard and is not appreciated in NO, its just that Payton has always used 3 backs and nobody really gets to shine, looks like Mark and Trent need to swap, Trent can go to NO and get his 1.9 yards per carry every 3 or 4 downs and share the backfield with two other guys, but in Indy, with Ingram's quickness, he would explode in their offense.

e 57;2569659]First Trent has been injured, I don't understand why folks don't get that
Second Sure more is expected with the Indy O Line
Third their runs are predictable so D's know it's coming

Mark & Trent need to be on another team where they are. Appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I hope he can turn it around. He needs to be in a run heavy offense. Indy passes the ball a lot so their line is not use to power running. If he were on Dallas I think he would have great numbers. I watch great deal of his games just to see how he is doing. Most of the time he gets hit in the back field.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I think I now agree with Marshal Faulk. Faulk said a year or so ago (when evaluating Trent's running style) that he runs to darkness not to daylight. In other words he doesn't have good "vision" as a running back.
Whatever it is, he did it in college but doesn't do it in the pros. I honestly haven't watched him a ton in the NFL, but I've just assumed part of it was he depended so much on his strength in HS and college, but he can't do that in the NFL. That maybe his ability to use his strength kept him from having to learn other things that RBs learn. So now that he can't use his strength, he's deficient in some other areas.

I remember when both were recruited LCN predicted Lacy to be the better of the two against the opinions of virtually everyone else. He looked very wrong for the first four years or so when Trent was so dominant in college. But now, it looks like he was right.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
We all know what he is capable of doing. I can't help but believe that he will find his way and become the great pro running back that we all thought he was going to be from day 1 in the pros. Just my opinion.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Trent weighs 225 now. According to the 2011 media guide, he weighed 224 his last season on the team. He seems much bigger than when he was at Bama. Looks like he's gained more muscle weight, which is slowing him down.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Trent weighs 225 now. According to the 2011 media guide, he weighed 224 his last season on the team. He seems much bigger than when he was at Bama. Looks like he's gained more muscle weight, which is slowing him down.
Not sure how that's possible - it's not like he had a lot of body fat to replace.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Whatever it is, he did it in college but doesn't do it in the pros. I honestly haven't watched him a ton in the NFL, but I've just assumed part of it was he depended so much on his strength in HS and college, but he can't do that in the NFL. That maybe his ability to use his strength kept him from having to learn other things that RBs learn. So now that he can't use his strength, he's deficient in some other areas.

I remember when both were recruited LCN predicted Lacy to be the better of the two against the opinions of virtually everyone else. He looked very wrong for the first four years or so when Trent was so dominant in college. But now, it looks like he was right.
I'm not sure. I can only go by what I hear other people that know more football than I do say. Faulk has point blank said and showed on film that Trent misses a lot of the holes and doesn't have good "vision".

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I'm not sure. I can only go by what I hear other people that know more football than I do say. Faulk has point blank said and showed on film that Trent misses a lot of the holes and doesn't have good "vision".
I'm not sure either, but that is consistent with him depending on his strength too much in HS and college - he never had to develop vision like smaller backs who may have largely relied on (and enhanced) their vision.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He has also bulked up, I think he enjoys working out too much. Also after they implemented that rule about the running back and his helmet he runs noticeably more straight up, taking away almost any chance he has of falling forward for a little more yardage. It's really sad to see him flounder in the NFL as I thought he possessed all those attributes in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.