Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
He has also bulked up, I think he enjoys working out too much. Also after they implemented that rule about the running back and his helmet he runs noticeably more straight up, taking away almost any chance he has of falling forward for a little more yardage. It's really sad to see him flounder in the NFL as I thought he possessed all those attributes in college.
This is just a wild shot in the dark from somebody who admittedly doesn't`t know much about what goes into what he`s asking, but is Trent`s first, best destiny not as a featured RB a la Eddie Lacy, but as a blocking back/FB type? I ask that having no idea as to Trent`s skill sets, professional desires, etc., etc.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Mark & Trent need to be on another team where they are. Appreciated.
I think NO appreciates Mark this year. He's been on a tear. From a longevity perspective, this may help him out. Having not taking as much of a beating the first few years may allow him to play longer than most RBs. Reminds me a bit of Alexander. Split time with Waters for a while but when he got to tote the rock, he was fully prepared and shined.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Trent will have to drop 10-20lbs... It is believed he bulked up since he left Alabama.... In 2011, he was 224.... Pro days 227.. he's at 225... and it was rumored he played through injuries last year... His mentality may have affected him a lot this year.. scared to go through holes.. Getting demoted might be the best thing that happens to him right now.. He needs to go to another team that has better OL...

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Ten years from now, after over a decade in the league, someone will dig up this thread and laugh. Trent is going to be just fine. Love that guy!

B

BroadwayJoe777

Ten years from now, after over a decade in the league, someone will dig up this thread and laugh. Trent is going to be just fine. Love that guy!
How can you actually say that?
This is possibly Trent's last year in the NFL, because he has SUCKED so much.
You have to produce the second you join the NFL, especially at running back or it's over.
I am a big TR fan, but sadly, his lack of production for 2 years in the NFL will be his epitaph.

Last edited:

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
Ingram started slow too but Trent has started way slower. Statistically speaking, Trent is the second worst running back (YPA) in NFL history at this point. I hope he gets it going as he seems like a great guy.

Look at these numbers:

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He has also bulked up, I think he enjoys working out too much. Also after they implemented that rule about the running back and his helmet he runs noticeably more straight up, taking away almost any chance he has of falling forward for a little more yardage. It's really sad to see him flounder in the NFL as I thought he possessed all those attributes in college.
Man, what I wouldn't give to suffer from that affliction...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Trent is one of the most naturally talented backs I have ever watched play. As a Vikings fan, I compared him favorably to Adrian Peterson as he was going in to the draft. I guess I never realized HOW talented Trent was, and how he never (seemingly) had to develop those tools it takes to take the leap to the next level. Maybe the light will come on for him, but at this point I don't see it happening. He is an elite talent, without an elite set of tools to compliment it I feel. I hate saying this, because he is my favorite back since I started following Alabama football as a kid, but I think he is destined to be an NFL journeyman at best at this point. :(

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Wont be last..... he just need to get weight down a little and get over his mentality... He need to show improvement in camp later this year...
You have to produce the second you join the NFL, especially at running back or it's over.
I am a big TR fan, but sadly, his lack of production for 2 years in the NFL will be his epitaph.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
this discussion of trent seems to come up every 3-4 games. it's not his offensive line. they are not nearly as bad as some want them to be for trents sake..he's just not getting it done. When Dan Herron runs circles around you, then there is a problem somewhere. the 2nd practice squad RB has overtaken Trent. He should look for a position change to like some have said at FB

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Trent has zero burst in the NFL. Its like hes running with cement blocks on his feet.

Never a million years would I had said that Trent would be worse than Ingram and Lacy in the NFL. In fact, quite the opposite. I said Trent would be an NFL franchise RB and how Ingram and Lacy would be middle of the pack decent serviceable RB's. Boy was I wrong. Lacy and Ingram are very much looking like franchise RB's and Trent is looking like one of the worse RB's in the NFL.........

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Here's hoping that Trent will turn it around. If the Colts can make it to the Super Bowl, I still hope he's the MVP in that game.

Here's one dude that pulling for YOU!

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007
Whats even worse is half of those guys that you have listed are FULL BACKS that get the occasional carry when the box is stacked in short yardage. Trent looks like hes playing for self preservation. If he would just fire off and hit the stinking hole! It ticks me off to watch him run, its like someone has been in his ear telling him to sandbag and milk the system so he'll last longer, but good grief hes going to be jobless if he doesn't wake up, I keep hearing about his line sucking well Herron and the other guy seem to run just fine behind them. Take my advise POUND THE ROCK TRENT, POUND THE ROCK!
Ingram started slow too but Trent has started way slower. Statistically speaking, Trent is the second worst running back (YPA) in NFL history at this point. I hope he gets it going as he seems like a great guy.

Look at these numbers:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Call it a hunch or blind optimism but I just have the feeling Trent will figure it out. It may not be at Indy or even his next team but he will get it turned around. There is something between the ears that needs to click and that will happen. Trent will not quit that I know for sure.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Trent Richardson was an average RB in college that benefited from an O-Line that got away with holding all the time. ***Blue Font***

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
this discussion of trent seems to come up every 3-4 games. it's not his offensive line. they are not nearly as bad as some want them to be for trents sake..he's just not getting it done. When Dan Herron runs circles around you, then there is a problem somewhere. the 2nd practice squad RB has overtaken Trent. He should look for a position change to like some have said at FB
Check Dan's number not much better than Trents. Trent's are just highlighted more.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Trent has zero burst in the NFL. Its like hes running with cement blocks on his feet.

Never a million years would I had said that Trent would be worse than Ingram and Lacy in the NFL. In fact, quite the opposite. I said Trent would be an NFL franchise RB and how Ingram and Lacy would be middle of the pack decent serviceable RB's. Boy was I wrong. Lacy and Ingram are very much looking like franchise RB's and Trent is looking like one of the worse RB's in the NFL.........
I know you weren't here, but I'll never forget the beating I took in 2011 when I had the audacity to say that I thought Eddie was our best RB. Through 4 or 5 games, Eddie was our leading rusher, and everybody said some of the same stuff they've said about Trent in NFL. People said "defenses are keying on him" and "defenses aren't paying any attention to Eddie". The truth was Eddie was simply playing better until he got the turf toe that year. To Trent's credit, he stepped up when Eddie went down, and had a great year. I'll admit, I would never dreamed that Trent would have performed like he has in the last 2 years in the NFL.

Contrary to what most people believe, it is still my opinion that Eddie, when healthy, was our best, Mark is a very close second, followed by Trent and then TJ. Eddie's performances in the SECCG and BCSNCG in 2012 are what tips the scales for me over Mark. Eddie was completely unstoppable, when it mattered the most. I can easily see a case made for Mark, and maybe even Trent, but I'll go with Big Eddie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.