Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Per twitter, Trent is inactive for today's game. It's obvious the colts have completely given up on him, and at this point that might not be a bad call. I've been a huge apologist for Trent, but his time in Indy is coming to an end, and the city will only become more bitter towards him the longer he is here.

I'm hoping he will get picked up by the Ravens in the offseason. They have a scheme that is more supportive of a power runner, Ozzie is partial to his Bama boys, and Trent's style might be a good complement to Forsett in the right system. I hope he can get things turned around, but needless to say, Trent is done in Indy.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Per twitter, Trent is inactive for today's game. It's obvious the colts have completely given up on him, and at this point that might not be a bad call. I've been a huge apologist for Trent, but his time in Indy is coming to an end, and the city will only become more bitter towards him the longer he is here.

I'm hoping he will get picked up by the Ravens in the offseason. They have a scheme that is more supportive of a power runner, Ozzie is partial to his Bama boys, and Trent's style might be a good complement to Forsett in the right system. I hope he can get things turned around, but needless to say, Trent is done in Indy.
If he gets another shot, he can give up on making any decent money for sure. I imagine most will sign him at the minimum with performance based bonuses.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I'd be all for Trent going to the Ravens or even the Pats.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Could not agree more. I'm hoping for exactly the same.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Wont be last..... he just need to get weight down a little and get over his mentality... He need to show improvement in camp later this year...
Really? The Colts didn't even activate him today for the PLAYOFF game. I rest my case.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Really? The Colts didn't even activate him today for the PLAYOFF game. I rest my case.
Glad to see your support for former Tide players.(That would be blue font)
Ya know, in order for your opinion to be right, a great player has to fail in his career.
If you really want to "rest your case" for the sole purpose of being correct, then congratulations.
But don't call yourself a Bama fan.
You're not. You're a "YOU" fan.
sip

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I hope Trent and Mark gets out of Indianapolis and New Orleans and go to teams more suitable to their style of play. I think Trent and Mark would be great in Baltimore, Pittsburgh, or even New England.
i dont know about N.E. they are just as bad with backs as New Orleans as far as rotating goes. i'd love to see Ingram play for anyone where he's the #1 lead back. jax and tenn come to mind.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Glad to see your support for former Tide players.(That would be blue font)
Ya know, in order for your opinion to be right, a great player has to fail in his career.
If you really want to "rest your case" for the sole purpose of being correct, then congratulations.
But don't call yourself a Bama fan.
You're not. You're a "YOU" fan.
sip
Don't even try to question my UA allegiance. Judging me?? LOL! Sorry the truth is a harsh reality to you. You have to produce IMMEDIATELY as an NFL running back. If not, you're on the sidewalk quickly. Are you that naive? Being a TR fan, do you think this makes me happy? NO. I rest my case and hope you are schooled up now. For the rest, RTR!

Last edited:

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
He might get one more shot with a team, but his future looks pretty grim at this point. Dunno if he got a degree, but it would be smart to go back to school and finish up. Gotta support those kids.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
I wish Atlanta would kick Jackson and Rodgers to the curb and pick up Mark

I was looking on ESPN Insider and that was one of the suggested improvements for Atlanta next season. They said that Ingram would be an improvement over Jackson and would add talent to help Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. Also, Rodgers is a free agent this year so it might be possible for Ingram to go there. Also, it said that Pittsburgh needs to find a backup for Bell and if Trent is out in Indy maybe Pittsburgh will give him a chance. They could sign him for the league minimum and see how it works out.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I was looking on ESPN Insider and that was one of the suggested improvements for Atlanta next season. They said that Ingram would be an improvement over Jackson and would add talent to help Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. Also, Rodgers is a free agent this year so it might be possible for Ingram to go there. Also, it said that Pittsburgh needs to find a backup for Bell and if Trent is out in Indy maybe Pittsburgh will give him a chance. They could sign him for the league minimum and see how it works out.
I am all for Ingram in Atlanta that would be awesome.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm betting that MArk will be featured much more with a new team next year. As much as I hate to say it I agree with LD on TR. His career in the NFL is likely over. Two teams absolutely got smoked by his performance. At least Cleveland ended up with something. Indy came up total craps and they're still winning. I bet they'd love to have those two first Rd picks back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.