Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Don't know enough to judge but if it is bogus I am sure he will retain an attorney to help.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't think the Colts ever welcomed him with warm fuzzies. He had injuries, concussions, etc. and it just seems like an ugly pairing. Almost like they never got on the right foot to begin with. But, I have never liked the Colts so I'm a little skeptical about the entire relationship. The contract he agreed to showed they may not have entered it with full faith and confidence to begin with.
He agreed to the contract with the Browns, the team that drafted him. AFAIK the Colts and TR didn't make any changes to his contract after the trade..

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Dude takes a game off to spend what little time he had left with his mother, and they fire him over it. I can't bring myself to respect the colts organization if this is the manner in which they prefer to conduct business.
Did I miss something? Last I read was his mom didn't die.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yea it sounds fishy because he claims he missed the walk through for family reasons and I think the Colts even said he was inactive for the NE game for personal reasons and now they claim he was suspended for 2 games? Why wait to say so?

I agree with the above poster it sounds too convenient for them to claim that now to get out of that 3 mill.
He was only suspended for the NE game. The second game of his two game suspension would be next season.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I don't think the Colts ever welcomed him with warm fuzzies. He had injuries, concussions, etc. and it just seems like an ugly pairing. Almost like they never got on the right foot to begin with. But, I have never liked the Colts so I'm a little skeptical about the entire relationship. The contract he agreed to showed they may not have entered it with full faith and confidence to begin with.
They gave up a 1st rd pick which is very very valuable. They went all in. He was just a bust. They've given him more than a fair shot. Hopefully he'll right the ship but it doesn't look very promising.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
In fairness to Trent Richardson, he played behind a very mediocre Colts OL but his play was not up to snuff. They put in lower tier players and got better production out of their run game. He just never played with the same aggressiveness after getting hurt in his rookie season. Maybe he didn't mesh with the Colts coaches but he's a professional and you have to work with people you don't like. Either way, he's a big all-time bust at the tailback position.

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
Cleveland ended up picking Manziel with the pick they got from the Colts. Who got the worst of the deal?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
He was only suspended for the NE game. The second game of his two game suspension would be next season.
I know. The game before he was just inactive, then after the NE game it came out he was suspended for 2 games due to the missed walk through before the NE game. So that meant NE was the first of two games he was suspended.

Not sure how the rules go but its possible the next game will be a preseason game and then he's cut and they don't owe him anything. If he doesn't file a grievance he is crazy.

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know. The game before he was just inactive, then after the NE game it came out he was suspended for 2 games due to the missed walk through before the NE game. So that meant NE was the first of two games he was suspended.

Not sure how the rules go but its possible the next game will be a preseason game and then he's cut and they don't owe him anything. If he doesn't file a grievance he is crazy.
Since the team suspended him, they can use the suspension however they wish. They could suspend him for a preseason game, a regular season game, or drop the suspension altogether. What we don't know is why he was suspended. That is the key if they plan on trying to cut him without paying out his contract.

For Trent's sake, I hope that they didn't have a legit reason to suspend him. If they did, that money is gone and he will probably never see that kind of money again. No team will spend that kind of money on a player who under-performs AND has an attitude problem.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Really, what's left to say about this subject? You people need to let go. Trent is histwaaaaaaaaaaa....:(

He was the greatest college running back I ever saw. Have no idea what happened to him, but if you are still not producing in the NFL after 3 years, you are usually toast.
Uhhh, what??? Trent was fantastic for us and I love the guy, but that statement makes no sense at all. Unless you just started watching football in the last five or six years and then, only Alabama football.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Uhhh, what??? Trent was fantastic for us and I love the guy, but that statement makes no sense at all. Unless you just started watching football in the last five or six years and then, only Alabama football.
He was the "Greatest Alabama football running back" I ever saw. And I go back to Musso. JMHO.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Shaun Alexander still probably holds the honor of being Alabama's most talented tailback. He won an NFL MVP and set the single-season rushing TD record. Alexander and Samuels practically drove a whole team to an SEC title.

Ingram won the Heisman. I don't know if Ingram's 2009 season was better than Trent Richardson's 2011 season. I think the 09 performance meant more to our title than Richardson's in 2011. Frankly, LSU was the only team we played where a back of Richardson's quality was necessary but he was held in check for the most part in both meetings. Ingram had some bad games in our two closest 2009 games but he was an elite player in the biggest games.

I think the list in my lifetime is:

1. Shaun Alexander - Played on a poorer team with an infinitely worse coaching staff. So I think some adjustment has to be given on his relative accomplishments. His NFL accomplishments are unmatched by any other Bama back.

2. Mark Ingram - The only Heisman winner in school history. He was the centerpiece of the offense. Saved us in the South Carolina game with an all-time performance. Played huge in the two biggest games of the 2009 season.

3. Trent Richardson - He led the 2011 offense but didn't really dominate the first LSU game the way Mark Ingram did against Florida and Texas.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
What little I saw of Trent this season it was obvious he was pressing too much. He exhibited little patience waiting for a hole to open up. I don't know what has messed his head up, but he needs to get his stuff together or the once dominating RB will be but a memory. Maybe a trip[ back to Tuscaloosa would help. What a shame.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Football had been a cakewalk for a lot of players till they get to the NFL and then it gets real, IMO I think Trent has lost confidence and needs better coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.