Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I've heard from a reliable source with NFL connections is that Trent is struggling with the people around him and that is affecting his play. Too many people with their hands out and too many hanger-ons want to milk him. Trent needs to rid himself of those people and just play or he'll be another sad broke player down the road.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
my head might explode. especially if they draft a RB that has had not one but two ACL surgeries.
My thinking is why would a high school player even want to be a RB in college when a college coach wants them to be a Corner Back. Hopefully, they understand that if they are very good, they will make more money as a CB in the NFL.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
My thinking is why would a high school player even want to be a RB in college when a college coach wants them to be a Corner Back. Hopefully, they understand that if they are very good, they will make more money as a CB in the NFL.
I agree with your point but I think it may be the "chicks dig the long ball" mentality of baseball. RB's are a lot more involved in a game and score more TD's than a CB and these kids are teenagers with their decision making. Live and learn.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Almost everyone above the age of 10 has a cell phone in America. It seems very unlikely that a person who really wants to contact a person by phone would be unable to do so today.
When mine asks, and I know it's coming, I'm going to get him a 1st generation bag phone. It will be so uncool but he'll be able to call us if needed. The stuff these things allow the children do today is unreal. I like being able to talk to my family at dinner. Just a pet peeve of mine and I'm not going to tell anyone that they are wrong for allowing kids to text or play games for an hour and half while eating with family.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When mine asks, and I know it's coming, I'm going to get him a 1st generation bag phone. It will be so uncool but he'll be able to call us if needed. The stuff these things allow the children do today is unreal. I like being able to talk to my family at dinner. Just a pet peeve of mine and I'm not going to tell anyone that they are wrong for allowing kids to text or play games for an hour and half while eating with family.
Yep - my boys started with flip phones with no data/texting for this reason.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know everyone loves Trent, but what does it matter if he was able to get to a phone or not with stats like this:

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
As a Eagles fan, I wish TR can get his act together and the Eagles pick him up for a bargain now that the Colts went for Frank Gore. But I'm a realist and I don't see that happening. Looks like TR's pro career is a wrap.

B

BroadwayJoe777

Good grief...Can this thread now go down the drain please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.