Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I loved Trent at Alabama. But it's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who signed a 13 million dollar signing bonus, and then will make over 20 million more by the time his contract has expired. That being said, I would like to see him on a team where he will be used like he was as Alabama. I just don't see him putting his head down and hitting the hole like at Bama, except for the play where he hit the defender so hard his helmet went flying
The backlash from that play is precisely why you don't see it anymore. It's a shame.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Right now - he's making a TON of money and not getting hit......

Perhaps he's much smarter than we are giving him credit for.....

From what I can tell, he's made around $15 million so far.....and he's not getting punished.

If he's smart -- most of that is in the bank.....and he can ride off into the "bust" sunset -- and live quite comfortably for the rest of his life if he invests it smartly.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org

From what I can tell, he's made around $15 million so far.....and he's not getting punished.

If he's smart -- most of that is in the bank.....and he can ride off into the "bust" sunset -- and live quite comfortably for the rest of his life if he invests it smartly.
History of NFL players says - 'Not Likely'.....

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

As a competitor you don't think that way. I think he would much rather be playing, earning his $ and being punished. Like you I hope he is putting his $ away.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I live here in Pensacola and the rumors going around here is TR got a concussion that first year and hasn't been the same since...
That makes sense. He actually had a pretty good rookie year in Cleveland behind a terrible offensive line. TR is too good a football player to have this little production in the NFL. You don't go from the best player in the country to this without something being wrong.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
That makes sense. He actually had a pretty good rookie year in Cleveland behind a terrible offensive line. TR is too good a football player to have this little production in the NFL. You don't go from the best player in the country to this without something being wrong.
he suffered a concussion three years ago that was so severe that he can't play football but was able to hide it all that time to the extent of even passing a physical required for a trade?

sorry, but that's not really believable.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
he suffered a concussion three years ago that was so severe that he can't play football but was able to hide it all that time to the extent of even passing a physical required for a trade?

sorry, but that's not really believable.
Why not? The league is full of stories of former players who had concussions and played through it. I doubt a physical can show if you have suffered a concussion. Not saying this is the case but I can't dismiss it out of hand.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Why not? The league is full of stories of former players who had concussions and played through it. I doubt a physical can show if you have suffered a concussion. Not saying this is the case but I can't dismiss it out of hand.
Yeah, but it is a weak rumor with nothing to support it. The NFL is different - they have to report injuries. They didn't, so I won't believe it until I see some evidence.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If Trent had a concussion in 2012 and continues to have problems, I believe the Colts training staff would have noticed and advised him to go on the PUP list or injured reserve. One concussion with 3 year long effects would be massive and probably would lead to his retirement.

Now if the belief is the concussion caused him to be more tentative and hesitant to run the way did for 3 years at Alabama and the majority of his first year in the league, he should probably speak up and ask for help for suggestions on changing his style.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
So, three years ago, Trent suffered a concussion that was so severe that, to this day, it's still causing him to be a perform like a well-below-average (marginal) running back. But, at the time it happened, the medical staff didn't know see any effects, or at least no effects significant enough to put him on IR? And, he was able to "play through it"?

I'm with RTR91. Unless it's completely a mental barrier he's having trouble getting past, I'm having trouble buying the supposed concussion as the root of Trent's struggles.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
If Trent had a concussion in 2012 and continues to have problems, I believe the Colts training staff would have noticed and advised him to go on the PUP list or injured reserve. One concussion with 3 year long effects would be massive and probably would lead to his retirement.

Now if the belief is the concussion caused him to be more tentative and hesitant to run the way did for 3 years at Alabama and the majority of his first year in the league, he should probably speak up and ask for help for suggestions on changing his style.
That's what I was getting at. The psychological effects could still be there.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think Trent's stint with the Colts is over. The ESPN article leads off with "The colts are further distancing themselves from Richardson..."
Sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, ..... Sad, I loved watching him run against Arkansas! He ate them up everytime he played against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.