Anybody else watching Trent Richardson's NFL career go down the drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yes, he is the only great player on that team, but he will be adored in Ohio if he stays healthy and keeps playing like this. He can make mountains of money here in Ohio outside of his NFL income.

He looks even better playing for Cleveland than he looked at Alabama. I mean, he is supposed to run over and carry players in college. He is not supposed to be able to do that to the Ravens, but he is.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
What a ridiculous statement. How can you write him off this soon? Barry Sanders played for an awful team in Detroit but still had one of the best careers ever for a rb.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Well considering he working with a terrible Browns offensive line, he's doing pretty good. Gotta work with what you got.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
They have a great drive right now, about to score. Trent looks good on this drive, carrying players again and he just scored! TD!!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
What a ridiculous statement. How can you write him off this soon? Barry Sanders played for an awful team in Detroit but still had one of the best careers ever for a rb.
Cleveland is a pitiful run organization. My statement has nothing to do with Trent or his ability but everything to do with the instability Cleveland has shown for how many years now? And as much as I love Trent, the "ridiculous statement" is comparing him to Barry Sanders. I wish he would have went to a different organization.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I wouldnt say his career is going down the drain. Weeden is by no means awful and he's just a rook along with Trent. i think they are building a solid team starting with those 2. They just have to fill a lot of holes on the offensive line and at WR. Not saying they will be super bowl participants but i could see them battling for a playoff spot within 2 years.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Well, some Browns fans I know from a golf forum are saying that the new ownership is going to clean house coaching-wise in the coming months and really run the Browns like an actual NFL franchise, so we'll have to see. I know their previous owner had spread himself pretty thin by buying Aston Villa in the English Premier League, so now with a hands on owner who wants to see wins instead of just profits, who knows?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
They don't have decent receivers, they have a rookie QB, pitiful offensive line and a pathetic coaching staff. If not for his millions I'd feel sorry for him.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I hope you're right Brad. I'd love for Trent to add a superbowl ring to his collection of NC rings. But the onus is on the Cleveland Browns' front office. They have been one of the most inept organizations in the NFL for a LONG, LONG time. Are they turning over a new leaf? I hope so. But history says otherwise. Just watching them this season they have a long ways to go.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I hope you're right Brad. I'd love for Trent to add a superbowl ring to his collection of NC rings. But the onus is on the Cleveland Browns' front office. They have been one of the most inept organizations in the NFL for a LONG, LONG time. Are they turning over a new leaf? I hope so. But history says otherwise. Just watching them this season they have a long ways to go.
New ownership can make a huge difference. Look at what Kraft did for the Patriots. There is hope.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
At halftime, they showed Jamal Lewis being inducted into the Ravebs ring of Honor. The announcer said he got a trophy fom Ozzie Smith. So the former Padre now works for the Ravens? :rolleyes:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
At halftime, they showed Jamal Lewis being inducted into the Ravebs ring of Honor. The announcer said he got a trophy fom Ozzie Smith. So the former Padre now works for the Ravens? :rolleyes:
Former Cardinal - get it right. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.