OL / DT A'Shawn Robinson Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: any info on A'shawn Robinson may decommit from

Browsing some Bevo boards, lots of Texas people pessimistic about the chances of holding onto this one. Don't know if that means we get him, but good news nevertheless.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

He stated in an interview today that his favorite team is USC and will visit out west for OV and after that will make a decision. So I am not sure how much we can make up in this visit with him taking his last OV to USC.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
He stated in an interview today that his favorite team is USC and will visit out west for OV and after that will make a decision. So I am not sure how much we can make up in this visit with him taking his last OV to USC.
Does USC even have room?

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

He obviously has not watched them play this year or considered who their head coach is. :wink:

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009

He obviously has not watched them play this year or considered who their head coach is. :wink:
Except I think the draw is the coaches as well.

“Yeah, it is my favorite school,” Robinson said. “That’s my favorite school because I grew up watching them. That’s why I like them, and their coaches are cool.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Robinson did not make the trip to Tuscaloosa for his official visit. Haven't seen any particular reason given yet, but he is expected to reschedule.

Probably worked out best for us that he didn't make it. Hopefully he will be back for the Iron Bowl.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I've looked everywhere for a reaction from A'Shawn to his OV last weekend but have not found anything. I guess he was kicking tires?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Don't worry, Texas fans are in the same boat. Robinson isn't speaking publicly about anything... Either that's a really good sign, or a really bad sign...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
As a good rule of thumb, if you haven't seen anything publicly anywhere in 72 hours following an official visit, it's because the prospect in question is refusing to talk to anyone.

No one really has a clue on Robinson at this point, including Texas fans. He's just been very quiet and fairly flaky on his official visits, too. I wouldn't think we would sign him, but clearly there is some interest, and no one really has any idea as to what he intends to do right now.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Robinson spoke finally (no link, ESPN insider article). Said he had a really good time in Tuscaloosa, especially visiting Coach Saban's house. Said he was being recruited to play DE in our "3-4" rather than DT. His last visit is to Texas, this weekend, where he said he wanted to "make sure he was making the right decision".

Seems we made up a ton of ground, but I still expect him to end up a Longhorn...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Robinson spoke finally (no link, ESPN insider article). Said he had a really good time in Tuscaloosa, especially visiting Coach Saban's house. Said he was being recruited to play DE in our "3-4" rather than DT. His last visit is to Texas, this weekend, where he said he wanted to "make sure he was making the right decision".

Seems we made up a ton of ground, but I still expect him to end up a Longhorn...
CNS is in Fort Worth today talking with Robinson, so hopefully we still have a chance here. It seems to clear to me that CNS is making DL a priority this year unlike any position we've seen since he's been here. It makes perfect sense too, when you consider the HUNH spread teams coming to the SEC.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Hearing CNS had a great in home visit with AR and has put us in the thick of things with him. I am wondering since he played OL and DL if CSN wants him to play OT. This comes from good sources on the UT side.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Hearing CNS had a great in home visit with AR and has put us in the thick of things with him. I am wondering since he played OL and DL if CSN wants him to play OT. This comes from good sources on the UT side.
I remember seeing a picture of him and Vanderdoes joking around at an all-star game recently. I'd be great to have 'em both at the Capstone this Summer wearing Crimson.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
The word is that the visit by Saban could not have went better. Some sites are now saying that UA has jumped USC and are only slightly behind Texas.Sources that cover all three teams are saying UA may make this very interesting and one site reported the Texas coaches are a little worried now.

RTRCharlotte

Scout Team
Jul 26, 2010
Q: He's currently classified as a soft verbal for home-state Texas. What's the latest on where he stands in his recruitment? Should Longhorn fans be worried?

Powers: Texas is in a fight with Alabama to keep him, and it is a legit concern that he may flip. He has reaffirmed time and time again, however, that he is solid with his commitment despite the fact he has been taking visits. Texas is the favorite, but don’t sleep on 'Bama.

Greg Powers - Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.