OL / DT A'Shawn Robinson Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Their recruiting experts need to catch up. The word is Robinson coming to UA may have helped UA with EV and vice versa. They have become good friends and talked about playing with each other at USC at one point. Do these two guys look like they do not want to be on the same team.

That`s something that I`ve been wondering about and commented on a day or so ago. If indeed they`ve struck up a friendship, it`s hard to imagine that they`re not communicating about all this.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That`s something that I`ve been wondering about and commented on a day or so ago. If indeed they`ve struck up a friendship, it`s hard to imagine that they`re not communicating about all this.
Nick is very good at building "family," unlike the fake "fambly" kind...

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I've read some stuff from BOL that Robinson is very upset at the Texas folks letting his plans out. That he hoped to have kept it private until NSD. It was also Bo Davis he directly relayed the news he was decommitting.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I've read some stuff from BOL that Robinson is very upset at the Texas folks letting his plans out. That he hoped to have kept it private until NSD. It was also Bo Davis he directly relayed the news he was decommitting.
I thought it was a "Bush League" move by Texas in going public with all this..I can understand them being upset..But..At least he was upfront with them & didn't string them along..These are still kids they're dealing with..No matter if you lose out on a commitment..Let the kid enjoy the process & don't spoil it for them..Stuff like that will come back around on them somehow..It's called Karma..

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Their recruiting experts need to catch up. The word is Robinson coming to UA may have helped UA with EV and vice versa. They have become good friends and talked about playing with each other at USC at one point. Do these two guys look like they do not want to be on the same team.

Wow. These guys look like grown men! Sure hope we get both of them--they look like they could contribute immediately.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

This is a great pic of these two together. I can see them in Crimson on the sidelines at Bryant Denny. They would terrorize SEC offenses the next few years without a doubt.

pharmbammer

Jan 29, 2012
Great pic! That would be awesome to have both of them. Looks like we are solid with Liner, Kamara, and Robinson, so if EV wants to commit, do we have room? Or do we have to grey shirt or move some else out? Would we replace Liner with EV? Just curious?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Great pic! That would be awesome to have both of them. Looks like we are solid with Liner, Kamara, and Robinson, so if EV wants to commit, do we have room? Or do we have to grey shirt or move some else out? Would we replace Liner with EV? Just curious?
I don't think so. There's a bit of wiggle room elsewhere...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Espnu U had a segment tonight regarding NSD eve and all the possible commitments . They didn't even mentioned Robinson de committing from Texas and rolling with Bama. How often does the #1 player in Texas leave the state and sign elsewhere???? Unbelievable.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Espnu U had a segment tonight regarding NSD eve and all the possible commitments . They didn't even mentioned Robinson de committing from Texas and rolling with Bama. How often does the #1 player in Texas leave the state and sign elsewhere???? Unbelievable.
The info that came out, shouldn't have released by Orange Bloods, since Robinson probably wanted to make that announcement himself. I would guess that ESPN is trying to honor that, also if his commitment is on their network they probably want UT and UA fans tuning in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.