Thoughts on Week 6

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The Barn is horrible (like who didn't see this coming)
Hogs are really, really bad
LSU is decent but not great on defense, horrible on offense
Lizards aren't as good as most people think
T A&M is better than most people think
^^^^^ditto Ole Miss
^^^^^ditto MSU
Richt stumbles again this year with immense talent and no defense
Bama will play USCe for the SEC title

Thoughts?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Learning to hate Oregon.....mostly for the same reason I hate Lady Gaga......

Mediocre talent dressed up like a freak....doing it with smoke and mirrors and gimmicks

Only my thoughts, no need to get testy

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
The Barn is horrible (like who didn't see this coming)
Hogs are really, really bad
LSU is decent but not great on defense, horrible on offense
Lizards aren't as good as most people think
T A&M is better than most people think
^^^^^ditto Ole Miss
^^^^^ditto MSU
Richt stumbles again this year with immense talent and no defense
Bama will play USCe for the SEC title

Thoughts?
I agree with most of this. Only thing I wonder is will USCe have one or two brain fart games like they usually do.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Not sure if USCe can get by both LSU and Florida on the road. They're due for their annual "who am I and why am I dressed like this" appearance and it could happen at either locale. IMO, the wheels are coming off the bus in whoville and Meltingburger isn't the messiah we were lead to believe.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I think LSU has a fine defense, probably the best one Bama will face all year, especially their front 7. I think Bama CAN run on them but it's going to be tough sledding and Bama's offensive line will need to bring their "A" game that day. LSU will load 8 guys in the box and dare Bama to throw the ball. AJ and Coach Nussmeir better be ready because I can tell you now, that's exactly what LSU is going to do.

Florida has a good but not great defense. The offense is shaky and other than Mike Gillislee, seems like all the rest of their RBs are the scatback "Jeff Demps" type, fast but really small. Kelvin Taylor will probably start from Day One there next year. Florida and USCe should be a heck of a game. I think South Carolina wins but it should be a close game.

People may scoff but I'm a bit concerned about MSU. Bama will be coming off an emotional/physical game with LSU and while I think there's a pretty big talent differential between Bama and MSU, MSU is playing well and will be ready for that game.

I knew Auburn was bad but when Arky beats the brakes and mufflers off you, it's still to pack it in and call the cows home.
LSU is a quagmire. All the talent coming back and it's like all games are struggle. Metty is JJ and JL rolled into one. UFs D isn't that great but they could do nothing. Their defense is still stout, no doubt about it, but even they look bad in the second half. They have a front four and that's it!
FSU and UGA was as overrated as can be and it showed. This is the same USCe team that struggled against Vandy. I guess Gameday brings out the best in people. When you give up 44 to Tennessee and face a better team you're bound to lose. And did they ever. And as for FSU, it was NC State!! But I forgot its typical FSU. Beat the cup cakes and then lose to those same cup cakes. Oregon is overrated too!!

TideFanAthensGA

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
Athens, GA
I think that the Big 3 in the East will each have one loss...throwing everything into a 3-way tie. I agree that Miss St is not to be overlooked. LSWho has been exposed...I think they will have at least one more loss before we play them....probably to USCe

Last edited by a moderator:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Gators looked much better than expected to me.

Im not sure if USC is that good or the GA hype was that wrong.

API is much worst than I thought in Every area.

KY is bad but hung in there with MSU for a good while, just not the same talent.

I said at the beginning of the season FL was a changed team & we may very well see them in Atl, I still think that.

Really when Bama is playing almost to their potential, I dont see a team we can't hang 40 on & keep then at no more than 14.

This could be the Best Alabama team I have ever seen but it's still to early to say that.

JustJim

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
LOL @ the barn.

Every year Ga seems to implode (the offensive co-ordinator needs to be beat with a hose).

FL is a classless bunch, booing when the LSU players were injured in the 3rd Qtr was unforgivable.

Injuries have decimated LSU.

But in the end it all comes down to matchups.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
LOL @ the barn.

Every year Ga seems to implode (the offensive co-ordinator needs to be beat with a hose).

FL is a classless bunch, booing when the LSU players were injured in the 3rd Qtr was unforgivable.

I agree.....pretty sad

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Okay here it goes...

SEC

EAST

USCe is the best team not named Alabama, and it seems to be leaps and bounds. I thinke their front 7 is better then LSU's, especially when Clowney gets going.

UF is back....for now. They amped it up against LSU, but they still have to play games against UGA and USCe, not to mention FSU. If Muschamp can finish this regular season with 10 wins, I'll start buying.

UGA once again proves us all right. I don't think they could go undefeated, and play for a BCSNC, no matter HOW much talent they had. Usually when you have that problem, it falls on one man... I am just wanting to see how they rebound from this embarassment.

Missouri is a mess. Franklin is injured. They've had some off the field problems. This is the beginning of the end for the Tigers. On the other hand....

Vandy picked up a nice momentum win. If they can carry this over, I think they play okay against Florida and beat *U in two weeks.

Kentucky is in a battle for worst in the SEC...and have probably started a preliminary coaching search.

WEST

Alabama is still number one (with a bullet).

Texas A&M survived their scare, and I think they'll be better for it. They are creeping into that top three in the West range already. With LSU coming to town in two weeks, we'll see where they really stand.

LSU is a mess. Not in the catergory of the Barn or Arkansas, but still a mess. Mettenberger looked inept at times, their running game was stagnant, and in the second half their defense was gassed (and thus gashed by Florida). Did you SEE how many consecutive runs UF used on them in the second half? The problem is, they have limited depth outside of the front 4.

Mississippi St. keeps winning, though I want you to stop and read this list carefully. Jackson St., Auburn, Troy, South Alabama, Kentucky. I'll wait for a second to let you take that in......ready?....okay. They have played NO ONE. To be honest, aside from a huge win in wk 1, and a beat down of Auburn (but who hasn't?), they have looked rather average in a 6 point win over Troy, a sloppy game against USA, and then a lethargic effort in a 27-14 win over UK. They still have to play Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, and Ole Miss (plus MTSU, but that's a win). This week will be the first real test, and then we'll see what MSU is made of.

Mississippi is probably the most underrated team in the SEC. They have suffered from a stretch of playing Texas, Alabama, and Texas A&M though. I think they can win 3 of the next 4 (Auburn, Arkansas, UGA, and Vandy). Even if not, I think they have looked a lot better under Freeze.

Arkansas suddenly has this feel to them. I know I know, they beat up on Auburn...however, I think it may give them enough spark to finish the season strong. They have winnable games down the stretch (Kentucky, Mississippi, Tulsas) before finishing with three currently ranked opponents (USCe, LSU, and MSU). I see them pulling some upsets..

Auburn... *insert laughing here* No bigger train wreck in all of college football. I predicted 6 wins for them, but right now...I see 3. They can't throw the ball, they can't run the ball, their defense is mediocre. The coach has already been given a "vote of confidence" by Pat Dye, but the village idiots are getting beyond restless. They have Mississippi and Vandy in their next two games, and if those go south...I can't see the Chiz keeping his job.

THE REST OF FOOTBALL

Oregon is good. Better then a lot of us give them credit for. Better then they were in 2010. They still have to play USCw (twice most likely) and Oregon St.

WVU will stumble. They look pretty, but it's all UDF (ugly distance factor). You get a little closer, and that prom queen won't be so beautiful.

KSU is pretty good. I don't think they could beat top tier SEC teams, but I like what Snyder has done in little Manhattan.

Notre Dame, despite my deep feelings, is playing some good defense. Manti Teo is the best LB in the country, and leads a really good unit. They have an impressive resume thus far, with wins over Michigan, Michigan St., and Miami...but they still have a tough road ahead. They play three game stretch (Stanford, BYU, Oklahoma) this month, then end the season with USCw. I don't think they can go undefeated, but if they do they'll jump over anyone but an SEC team.

FSU needs to change it from Seminole Chop to Seminole Choke.

NatchezTider

All-SEC
Jan 13, 2000
Natchez, Ms. USA
in the past, lsu players have appeared "hurt" at key times in games only to return a play or two later. one of my favorite pictures shows 3 corndogs lying on the ground after trent ran in a 2-point conversion. the players are lying at approximately the same angle and in almost exactly the same position.
not saying that florida fans should be excused for booing, but it's not unusual for lsu to pull that stunt.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
in the past, lsu players have appeared "hurt" at key times in games only to return a play or two later. one of my favorite pictures shows 3 corndogs lying on the ground after trent ran in a 2-point conversion. the players are lying at approximately the same angle and in almost exactly the same position.
not saying that florida fans should be excused for booing, but it's not unusual for lsu to pull that stunt.

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw all of the LSU players lying on the ground. Some of them may have hurt, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were faking.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I think LSU has a fine defense, probably the best one Bama will face all year, especially their front 7. I think Bama CAN run on them but it's going to be tough sledding and Bama's offensive line will need to bring their "A" game that day. LSU will load 8 guys in the box and dare Bama to throw the ball. AJ and Coach Nussmeir better be ready because I can tell you now, that's exactly what LSU is going to do.

Florida has a good but not great defense. The offense is shaky and other than Mike Gillislee, seems like all the rest of their RBs are the scatback "Jeff Demps" type, fast but really small. Kelvin Taylor will probably start from Day One there next year. Florida and USCe should be a heck of a game. I think South Carolina wins but it should be a close game.

People may scoff but I'm a bit concerned about MSU. Bama will be coming off an emotional/physical game with LSU and while I think there's a pretty big talent differential between Bama and MSU, MSU is playing well and will be ready for that game.
i wouldnt be any more concerned with MSU than anyone else until they played someone with a pulse. They have played so far this year Jackson State, Auburn A&T, Troy, South Alabama and Kentucky. heck, Troy almost beat them. Troy just couldnt get a big play late

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
i wouldnt be any more concerned with MSU than anyone else until they played someone with a pulse. They have played so far this year Jackson State, Auburn A&T, Troy, South Alabama and Kentucky. heck, Troy almost beat them. Troy just couldnt get a big play late

i agree, I see msu like FSU. They have a soft schedule, I feel that we will win similar to the ole miss game. Over two touchdown win.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
LOL @ the barn.

to be honest lsu has been known to fake injuries to give a little rest to their players. case and point against us in 2009 there were like 15 different injured players and with the exception of jefferson all of them came back 2 snaps later

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
to be honest lsu has been known to fake injuries to give a little rest to their players. case and point against us in 2009 there were like 15 different injured players and with the exception of jefferson all of them came back 2 snaps later
Does anyone know which of their players went down and didn't miraculously reappear yesterday?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.