Aaron Murray's house "egged and rolled". Really?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I've been to two games in Athens and both time I thought their fans were vile and disgusting. They leave their tailgate area in a complete mess--not even using the garbage cans provided. The Bama fans had cleaned up their areas nice and neat and all the Dawg fans looked like Hoarders. Someone said that they had a cleaning crew come in a pick up after them, which explains a LOT of their behavior. :rolleyes:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm guessing they bought toilet paper and wiped all the egg off their face from their preseason talk and hype. Then, they rolled Murray's house.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Georgia fans got the toilet paper at Toomer's drugs. They have an oversupply of it since sales have been low this year and gave them a good deal on it.

StatHaldol

Scout Team
Oct 23, 2011
Lake Darbonne, Louisiana
Unfortunately every school has a lot of idiot fans.
This is true, back in the early 90's Auburn was playing LSU and got a couple of last minute interceptions to win the game in the final minutes. The LSU QB got death threats and couldn't go to class for several days after the game. I don't remember the exact year or the QB's name (I'm old)...LOL!

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
This is true, back in the early 90's Auburn was playing LSU and got a couple of last minute interceptions to win the game in the final minutes. The LSU QB got death threats and couldn't go to class for several days after the game. I don't remember the exact year or the QB's name (I'm old)...LOL!
This doesn't surprise me when you consider that their fans have been known to throw glass bottles and urine at opposing fans...On a related note, LSU is one of the few SEC schools that I never want to visit for an away game.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
On a related note, LSU is one of the few SEC schools that I never want to visit for an away game.
I do want to go, but not to the Bama game. I want to go when they play a team I don't like. That way, I wouldn't have to whip 82,000 Cajuns at one time...:biggrin: ;) Seriously, sometime in the next year or two, I'm gonna get down to B.R. for a game, since it's not that far from here. I'm looking forward to it!

p.s. - I'm not surprised about the UGA fans either.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I was at that game in Sept of 94 with a friend of mine went to AU for his undergrad and Bama for law school. I never saw a game like that before. LSU had a huge lead and blew it. That was some wild finish.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Shouldn't they have done this to the head coach's house or the AD's house instead? Not that I condone that type of behavior, but taking it out on the players is not the way to voice one's discontent.
So doing it to the AD or coaches houses are ok?? I don't see how it would be anymore justified to do it to those men than it would be to the players.

Both actions are despicable and ridiculously immature and I don't see how it is any more responsible for UGA's fans to turn on the HC or AD as it is on the players...
Yes, that is a puzzling post, and I do not agree with that sentiment at all.
If you read her post again, you'll see that she said she doesn't agree with the actions of the idiot fans. But if a fan is going to be an idiot, don't trash an 18-22 year old player's home...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Fans need to remember that recruits (and their parents) will read about this. This is crazy. But, as others have said, every fan base has its idiots.

StatHaldol

Scout Team
Oct 23, 2011
Lake Darbonne, Louisiana
I was at that game in Sept of 94 with a friend of mine went to AU for his undergrad and Bama for law school. I never saw a game like that before. LSU had a huge lead and blew it. That was some wild finish.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
That's it! Thank for jogging this old man's memory!!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Ah, yes the classy sports fans in georgia....the same ones who were throwing crap on the field during the Braves loss......lol.....

PalmBayBama

All-SEC
Oct 11, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I remember that game but had forgotten the particulars so I had to look it up on Wikipedia:
Auburn was on a 14-game winning streak and ranked #11 in nation under coach Terry Bowden when LSU traveled to Auburn in 1994, but it was the Bengal Tigers who led 23-9 entering the fourth quarter. LSU quarterback Jamie Howard threw five fourth quarter interceptions - three returned for touchdowns - as Auburn extended their winning streak to 15 games with a 30-26 win. Auburn, with star running back Stephen Davis, was held to a mere 165 total yards, and Howard received death threats after the loss.

Tguy64

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 19, 2005
What a weekend for Aaron Murray. On Friday he learns that his dad is diagnosed with cancer and is scheduled for surgery on Monday, loses a big game and then comes home to this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.