Alabama Feature on 60 Minutes

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I believe this will be good. Saban and Bama are getting a tremendous amount of national publicity now. And not just in the sports world. Bama and Saban are at the top and are doing things right...this is very interesting in todays world. Reminds me of Coach Bryant being featured in Time Magazine and being on the old Dick Cavett Show.
The process continues...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I do not trust so I don't watch 60 minutes, it has been proved that they make things up and are bias. I had rather seen something by HBO Real Sports those are the Best sports stories.

Careful about inviting the fox in the hen house.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Thanks for the heads up, '07.

Normally, it is NOT good news when the 60 Minutes team comes to your place. An old friend once told me, "I'm paranoid, but that does not necessarily mean I'm wrong."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm encouraged in that the press stuff on Saban seems to have become more and more favorable, so we'll see. Can't stop it, anyway - not even the REC... :D

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
They do have the occasional fluff piece on celebrities and I would think they could not be going after Bama with our recent success on and off the field.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I'm encouraged in that the press stuff on Saban seems to have become more and more favorable, so we'll see. Can't stop it, anyway - not even the REC... :D

The REC can stop it if they wish. All they have to do is buy CBS and turn it into the Tide football network. Not a bad idea, that would vastly improve their ratings.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
wondering if there would ever be a reason for me to watch 60 minutes again....guess there is

there a date set for this episode?

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I think this may be intended as a celebrity piece on building a solid program and creating a football machine...may not be negative....
their main stories are always geared towards that, but they do positive piececs at times...

Not sure, adn as someone alredy said, cant change it eithe rway...guess we'll have to wait and see.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
In Lee County, word hits the street that 60 Minutes is headed to Tuscaloosa to do story on the Football Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later its revealed to be another story on excellence being achieved by Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide.

:biggrin2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I actually think it'll be a mix. You can't really mess with his results, on and off the field, so I expect them to give credit for that. I think they'll take some shots at him for O/C, control freak, stern taskmaster, etc...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.