****Official ALABAMA vs MIZZOU Pregame Thread****

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yea Earle I know- will only get to watch the first 1/2 but somebody's gotta work and pay the bills
Just for giggles, I looked up the relative broadcast times. The most recent year I could get was 2007. That year, CBS averaged 3:47. ESPN averaged 3:28. They said that there were a couple of overtime games which stretched out the CBS games, but that they would still have been much longer. It's ironic tha the NCAA keeps changing the rules to try and shorten the games and CBS just fills it up with commercials...

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Slept 4 hours more than most posting in this thread! Haha! After homecoming week for my daughter, I needed some REST! Plus, that is 4 hours less I have to wait for Bama to play! I think we may put some burgers on the Big Green Egg today and have a nice afternoon outside watching some good football! RTR, y'all!!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I got my chores done early and I have nothing to do but wait for game time! I'm not grilling anything because my girls decided they want sloppy joes later! Still need to change my oil but I don't feel like getting out again.

Soooo, after the girls wake up, we're headed out to the garage to watch the game with a couple if neighbors, let all the wild children play in the street/yard and enjoy a day of nothing but football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Does anyone know if the game will be streaming live on the internet? I will be getting to the santiago airport about 30 mins after kickoff and hope to catch a bit of it before we depart.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I got my chores done early and I have nothing to do but wait for game time! I'm not grilling anything because my girls decided they want sloppy joes later! Still need to change my oil but I don't feel like getting out again.

Soooo, after the girls wake up, we're headed out to the garage to watch the game with a couple if neighbors, let all the wild children play in the street/yard and enjoy a day of nothing but football!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of my friends has an outdoor man-cave/screened in porch, with a TV, where his grill is. He can grill and watch the game simultaneously. I'm envious every time I visit...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Got out early this morning to get the dogs portraits made... (Agggie wife had that brilliant idea...) Now got nothing but football and ALCs game 1 to watch the rest of the day! Hope BAMA is done by 7CDT so I dont have to choose between the Yankees and BAMA football.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
So doesn't look like tornados for the game, but lightning likely. I wonder what it takes to stop play and delay the game?

CrimsonBeachBum

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Pace, FL (Pensacola metro area)
Did the soccer thing with my little girl this morning and yay! her team won. They're now a .500 team. Decided to grill some salmon and make a horse raddish and dill sauce; probably some wild rice on the side and a little Chardonnay (well, maybe a lot) to go with it. Feels like it's been a month since getting to watch Bama play and can't wait to see me some Crimson Tide style football!

RTR

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So doesn't look like tornados for the game, but lightning likely. I wonder what it takes to stop play and delay the game?
The RTJ golf trail has sensors and shut down the courses with a strike within five miles. Some of the most vicious strikes occur out of a clear sky, both way out in front and also in the rear, when the storm seems to have passed. I have no idea what kind of policy/technology they have in Columbia. The radar shows the rain-shield just about to Columbia...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
On the same line, what is the protocol if the game can not be finished? I know ND-So Fl earlier this year was called with about 10 minutes to play and ND up 3 TD's. I know in that game they kept waiting but got to a point they decided the weather wasn't gonna cooperate. Does the game have to reach a certain point before it is an official game? Imagine the backlash if it were called say at half and a close 10-7 game... Does CBS broadcast even if it becomes 7pm, 8pm????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.