****Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. Mizzou****

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Folks, there is a difference between a good hit or throwing a player backward and performing a suplex on him which might break his neck. It's called unnecessary roughness for a reason - because it'scompletely unnecessary and likely to lead to severe injury. I don't mean to be out of line, but could we move past whether it was OK or not? It was NOT OK. It was boneheaded and stupid and I believe Saban will rectify the situation. The kids out there playing are not gladiators or wrestlers. They have a lot of protective equipment, but none of it is designed to protect from that kind of a dangerous move.
If Saban had been upset about that play he would have pulled him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As I've indicated before, the sparring over this call is going to stop. We know what the officials thought of the move. If there's action by the league, we'll know that Monday or Tuesday. There's nothing to be gained from going around in circles about it tonight. The very next post on it draws a suspension...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Look guys, Earle's been cool and has simply deleted two posts without nuking folks, but this is the line. You better read before responding - the man said we're done discussing the Fanning tackle for now.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
This tweet was posted by a friend of mine on facebook:

@CoMoSports: MT @mvorel25 #Mizzou tight end Eric Waters admitted to University Hospital and is stable. He suffered back injury, can move all extremities.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Look guys, Earle's been cool and has simply deleted two posts without nuking folks, but this is the line. You better read before responding - the man said we're done discussing the Fanning tackle for now.
Thanks, CA. Tempers seem to be a bit high for a rational discussion tonight. We'll open it back up the first part of the week when we see what the league action, if any, is on the matter...

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

Sorry. After I posted my comment, I saw Earle's post above and tried to delete mine but he's pretty fast. :blush:

DownUnder

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 7, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Undoubtedly my favourite thing of the coverage was the ridiculous map they showed to illustrate 'how far Jesse had come'. I will excuse the not getting Brisbane in the right spot, but it was hilarious to see the suggestion that rather than fly over the pacific ocean to the US, that he flew across the Middle East and Europe to get to the States. If you did it like that...now that is a looong trip. Roll Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.