The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
After hearing the message about Glen on the talking dead...I am thinking dead. They said we will see version...parts...etc of him in the coming episodes to complete his story.

either Maggie is pregnant and that is a version of him. Or we see him as a walker..etc.
I did not think of this credit to my wife.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Could Glenn still be alive - were those Nicolas's entrails we saw? Glenn laying underneath?
I don't think it matters who's guts we were seeing. Glenn was screaming and crying. I don't' think a horde of 5,000 zombies would ignore that. Zombies aren't picky. One lone zombie finished off Lori after she gave birth to her daughter. Remember, there was absolutely nothing left of her. I think a pack of 5,000 wouldn't just stop at Nicholas, but go ahead and finish off Glenn too. All that being said, I don't think Glenn's dead. They just acted too fishy on Talking Dead. No In Memoriam, several other things just seemed off.

Absolutely. Where was Daryl going when he left the zombie convoy?
He was heading back to help Alexandria because of the gunshots he heard. When Rick came back on the radio and said "we stay for them, if we go back, it's for us," it made Daryl change his mind and rejoin Sasha & Abraham.

What do you guys think about Rick cutting his hand with the blade with zombie blood all over it. Think he will lose his hand? (I see you comic book people).
2 things. If he loses his hand this way, I think it's poorly done. There was a purpose for him losing it in the comics, it was a way of introducing just how sadisitic the Governor was and it gave Rick his motivation. Losing it to a random walker on the road just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Second, There's also the whole problem of in the comic book world, if you get zombie blood in your cuts, you DO turn. That was a major plot point that I wont go into just in case it makes it's way into the show in the future (it's a really well done plot that I hope to see) So if that were to happen, Rick would have to cut off his own hand. Seeing how far away he is from Alexandria, and the fact that he has a horde bearing down on his RV, I don't think he's going to have the time or ability to cut his own hand off and patch himself up. Personally I think this is much ado about nothing at this point.

I wonder if it is also a farewell type episode for Glenn. With flashbacks of him....
If they did that, it would be a really poorly done episode. You can't have flashbacks of Morgan and Glenn run concurrently and make it feel cohesive. I don't think we'll see Glenn's story again for a few weeks. They purposely put Morgan's backstory in episode 4 just to toy with us.

Glenn is not dead until Steven Yeun is on "The Talking Dead". Until then, he is still alive. :cool2:

Glenn isn't being ripped apart at the end. May be he will be in next week's episode, but tonight, I think that was Nicholas body that was being shredded. Now is Glenn hurt from the fall? Sure, in fact I would bank on it. Is the pressure from all of the weight on the walkers squeezing the life out of him (with the assistance of say a broken rib from the fall)? Yep.

Is it a long shot that Glenn survives the walker orgy? Not necessary because I think Heath and Michonne are still going with the plan of setting the store on fire to distract the walkers.
I agree with some of what you've said. I don't think he's dead, but I absolutely think we saw him being ripped apart. I think from the moment Nicholas put the gun to his head, it was all a hallucination of some sort. Part of me hopes that's not true, because that doesn't feel very TWD. That's not how they tell stories and it doesn't feel authentic. Part of me does hope it's true because I can't imagine Glenn going out like that. Every other character had their own goodbye episode. If this was Glenn's farewell, it feels vacant. If he's gone, no one will ever see him again, no part of him would be left after that horde passes through. There's no closure for Maggie or the rest of the group because no one will really know what happened to him.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Part of me does hope it's true because I can't imagine Glenn going out like that. Every other character had their own goodbye episode. If this was Glenn's farewell, it feels vacant. If he's gone, no one will ever see him again, no part of him would be left after that horde passes through. There's no closure for Maggie or the rest of the group because no one will really know what happened to him.
While TWD has done a good job of creating its own 'vibe', one of the things I love about the show is the way they push the boundaries. If this really is the end for Glenn, and they never see him again or know what happened to him (no closure), that would be a perfect twist for this show. And very realistic, if we're honest.

I'm probably on my own here, but Glenn deserves whatever happens to him. Maybe I'm too callous, but I find it completely unrealistic that anyone that's lived in this world (actually in it, not Alexandria) would be so forgiving towards people. I think Rick, Carol, and Michonne are far more realistic as to what a survivor would be like in this world - one strike and you're out.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Ha ha...well played, sir.

What I found odd is when she went down and knew she was not going to make it - why didn't she put a round into her head, rather than lay there being eaten to death...and then come back as a walker?

Similarly...when Michonne and the newlywed guy were scrambling over that gate and he fell back and was being eaten...why didn't they shoot him in the head and put out him out of his misery?

They just watched for a few moments...and then went on their merry way....some friends!
My wife and I had the same conversation about both characters. Always save a bullet for yourself and put people out of their misery. It's not like they were saving bullets. Also, why didn't Michonne take the scroll through the fence?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
While TWD has done a good job of creating its own 'vibe', one of the things I love about the show is the way they push the boundaries. If this really is the end for Glenn, and they never see him again or know what happened to him (no closure), that would be a perfect twist for this show. And very realistic, if we're honest.

I'm probably on my own here, but Glenn deserves whatever happens to him. Maybe I'm too callous, but I find it completely unrealistic that anyone that's lived in this world (actually in it, not Alexandria) would be so forgiving towards people. I think Rick, Carol, and Michonne are far more realistic as to what a survivor would be like in this world - one strike and you're out.

I am "ok" if this is the end for Glenn. He wasn't my favorite and he has lasted too long.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I agree with some of what you've said. I don't think he's dead, but I absolutely think we saw him being ripped apart. I think from the moment Nicholas put the gun to his head, it was all a hallucination of some sort. Part of me hopes that's not true, because that doesn't feel very TWD. That's not how they tell stories and it doesn't feel authentic. Part of me does hope it's true because I can't imagine Glenn going out like that. Every other character had their own goodbye episode. If this was Glenn's farewell, it feels vacant. If he's gone, no one will ever see him again, no part of him would be left after that horde passes through. There's no closure for Maggie or the rest of the group because no one will really know what happened to him.
This is where I ended up too......

I think though, if it had been a hallucination -- would it be Nicholas's hallucination? Nicholas got his "goodbye" -- so, to bring him back doesn't seem logical either.

No one would know what happened to him.....and I don't see him coming back as a walker.....he was being ripped apart......not much left to "walk around"

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Perusing the web, it looks like most think Glenn is still alive - that it was Nicholas being eaten and Glenn ends up underneath the dumpster until something draws the walkers away. Very possible.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Perusing the web, it looks like most think Glenn is still alive - that it was Nicholas being eaten and Glenn ends up underneath the dumpster until something draws the walkers away. Very possible.
honestly, i don't want Glenn dead but that will bother me as it feels cheap and gimmicky which this show has largely avoided.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I almost think this was just "practice" for when it really happens, which I think we be the Spring season finale. There is still a huge story arc to be developed with Glenn as a character.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I almost think this was just "practice" for when it really happens, which I think we be the Spring season finale. There is still a huge story arc to be developed with Glenn as a character.
the comment that Gimple put out during Talking Dead makes me think Maggie is pregnant. I have no sources on that just my gut based of the "parts of Glenn" Comment

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

This is what I think. I do think he is the next main star to die. But they will tease us for what will happen later on.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I know many have mentioned it isn't like TWD to trick us like this. But they also did something completely different for the season premiere. They may be trying new things and I see nothing wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.