The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Edit: Just removed my comment after realizing some may not have seen tonight's episode yet.

I will say though - I can't wait for the governor to get it! :mad:

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I loved that they finally brought in one my favorite characters of the comics. Won't spoil the name (because he is a substantial character in the comic for a while) but it was good to see this guy finally introduced, especially early.

And Rick is losing fighters at an alarming rate.

Yes, I am with everybody, The Governor dying, I simply cannot wait for it.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
did the light bulb finally go on for Andrea and Merle?
I think so for Andrea, but Merle is strictly about self-preservation. He will go wherever he thinks he can stay alive and with some authority a little bit longer. So for him I think it'll be less about the light going on and more about realizing he has to scramble to stay alive.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
I'm not certain that the Gov and Merle aren't working together on this to earn Daryl's trust so Merle can easily infiltrate the prison.
That would surprise me since Merle is pretty much responsible for the Governor losing his eye and his daughter. Plus, the notion that Woodbury is completely safe has been shattered. It would be an interesting twist, however.

Glad to see Michonne become a character that does more than just scowl at everyone

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I'm thinking Andrea steps in on this fight and somehow stops Daryl and Merle from killing each other. Or Rick busts in, I don't know.....I don't think Daryl is gonna kill Merle, but Daryl is definitely going to live.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I loved that they finally brought in one my favorite characters of the comics. Won't spoil the name (because he is a substantial character in the comic for a while) but it was good to see this guy finally introduced, especially early.
They said his name once or twice on the episode so I think you're okay. I do enjoy the Highlander mode for black guys on the show, lol. There can be only one!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
They said his name once or twice on the episode so I think you're okay. I do enjoy the Highlander mode for black guys on the show, lol. There can be only one!
The ethnic and age mix of the new group that came to the prison so strongly resembled the established members of the cast, I joked that it looked like the Screen Actors Guild was on strike, and these were the scabs.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I'm not certain that the Gov and Merle aren't working together on this to earn Daryl's trust so Merle can easily infiltrate the prison.
Nice angle, but I don't see it playing it out like this. There is a Martinez on a show, so I hope they keep him as the governor's mole. I think Merle is in trouble, because he did LIE about killing Michonne.

But with no sighting of Merle in the promos for next season, maybe Merle dies getting his brother out of Woodbury. Maybe Merle takes Tyreese's spot on Governor's, literal, chopping block?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Nice angle, but I don't see it playing it out like this. There is a Martinez on a show, so I hope they keep him as the governor's mole. I think Merle is in trouble, because he did LIE about killing Michonne.

But with no sighting of Merle in the promos for next season, maybe Merle dies getting his brother out of Woodbury. Maybe Merle takes Tyreese's spot on Governor's, literal, chopping block?
True....I forgot about him lying that he killing her. On top of that, she came back and whacked his undead daughter and then takes his eye out. I can't wait for Feb.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, they did show Glen pointing and screaming "Why the hell did you bring HIM here?" - certainly seemed to be merle. Not sure who else could elicit such a response from Glen.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Well, they did show Glen pointing and screaming "Why the hell did you bring HIM here?" - certainly seemed to be Merle. Not sure who else could elicit such a response from Glen.
Great call, Audio....I saw that segment multiple times and kept wondering why Glen was pointing at Rick when he said that. But he's actually pointing past Rick...so it has to be Merle - given Merle and Glen's recent history.

As creepy as Merle is....I wouldn't mind having him on team Prison's side. I still think he has some deep seated resentments toward the governor too. Which can only go deeper given that last scene.

Booyah!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Got the first and second seasons on Netflix, I'm going to have to wing it for the second half of season three. I enjoy this show a lot, glad I finally gave in and tried it.

The Walking Dead wiki says the actor who plays Merle is from Jasper, Alabama of all places.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.