The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Is it me or has it just not gotten cold in Georgia in 5 seasons?

Also, at what point do the "Walkers" wither and die due to no nutrition? I would think after 2-3 years that most of the walkers would have "died" due to no food. Little things that make you go "Hmm."

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Also, at what point do the "Walkers" wither and die due to no nutrition? I would think after 2-3 years that most of the walkers would have "died" due to no food. Little things that make you go "Hmm."
Outside of this last season -- each previous season was supposed to end at the end of the summer/early fall -- and then comes back after the Winter --

This is the first time it picked up where the last season left off --

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
alright, can someone explain what it was that "stopped" the van/firetruck crew? I took it the smell was from hordes of walkers? But if it was, there seemed to be a line where they just stopped and then it was walkers as far as they could see? What was keeping the walkers from coming on towards where the fire truck was? Or am i missing something else altogether??

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
alright, can someone explain what it was that "stopped" the van/firetruck crew? I took it the smell was from hordes of walkers? But if it was, there seemed to be a line where they just stopped and then it was walkers as far as they could see? What was keeping the walkers from coming on towards where the fire truck was? Or am i missing something else altogether??
they stopped to clean the guts out of the air intake on the truck, smelled a mass of walkers and walked over the hill to see a herd. What stopped the walkers was distance. they could neither see nor smell the living from that far making the group relatively safe

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

This has always bothered me about zombie lore. I know it's dumb, but bodies decompose out in the open in a matter of weeks.

I know you have to suspend reality for a show like this to take place at all, but this has still always bothered me.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
This has always bothered me about zombie lore. I know it's dumb, but bodies decompose out in the open in a matter of weeks.

I know you have to suspend reality for a show like this to take place at all, but this has still always bothered me.

I agree, I have been thinking about that.

You said you have read the comics right? Do they ever explore outside of the east? I wonder if it makes a difference where you are. If you lived on an island would that be better? You could always control the situation to a point.

I also couldn't imagine what China would end up being like with their overpopulation!

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
simple physics says so too
The van obviously did a forward tuck just after separating from the bridge. The momentarily reduced radius from the van's center of mass caused it to rotate faster due to conservation of angular momentum, thereby causing it to land on its tires.

Either that, or Daryl and Carol smartly buttered the tires before they got in it. I saw that method on MacGyver once.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I agree, I have been thinking about that.

You said you have read the comics right? Do they ever explore outside of the east? I wonder if it makes a difference where you are. If you lived on an island would that be better? You could always control the situation to a point.

I also couldn't imagine what China would end up being like with their overpopulation!
We've all gotten a bad stomach from Bad Chinese Food.....

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Don't let logic ruin a good story. Leave you logic and whatnot out of this. ;)

Jocularity aside, I was wondering about that myself. Other than----I got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.