The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
IMO the best season finale yet. All loose ends tied except for the wolves.

The writers made sure that Rick was vindicated with his outburst and speech last week and Deanna was made to pay the price (again) losing her husband because she and her group did not grasp the gravity of the situation they were in. Through the storyline of this episode, Rick is back on top again. Pure genius.

I do have a question.....what was the deal with that little scrap of paper when Daryl and Aaron were in the car? "Don't come back." I think it said. Was that from another victim or from the wolves?

I also think Daryl and Aaron were very sloppy when they opened that semi trailer door.

Another question....when Rick exploded that walker's head - didn't the blood get into his mouth and nose and thus wouldn't this infect him?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

The writers made sure that Rick was vindicated with his outburst and speech last week and Deanna was made to pay the price (again) losing her husband because she and her group did not grasp the gravity of the situation they were in. Through the storyline of this episode, Rick is back on top again. Pure genius.

I do have a question.....what was the deal with that little scrap of paper when Daryl and Aaron were in the car? "Don't come back." I think it said. Was that from another victim or from the wolves?

I also think Daryl and Aaron were very sloppy when they opened that semi trailer door.

Another question....when Rick exploded that walker's head - didn't the blood get into his mouth and nose and thus wouldn't this infect him?
The scrap of paper was a warning, I believe. Agree that opening that semi door was very sloppy. If I remember correctly, they have been face splattered with blood and guts all series and so far, no infection. Whew!! The Wolves will be a major storyline next season.

I absolutely LOVED this episode!! I know Morgan is in the comics in a pretty big role so it is good to finally see him back. I think he will be a regular next season. I have read up to about issue 90, or through book 15 of the comics and looks like next season is going to be NASTY!! The last few episodes have followed the comics pretty closely. I did expect this finale to go past where it ended though. Oh well.

I still LOVE Scarol. When she was talking to Pete, she gave every battered woman in the world a little bit of hope and power. I loved that part. She has quickly become one of my favorite characters. Also, Abraham is just great and I am glad he and Eugene made up!

Haven't watched the Talking Dead yet as we didn't watch the finale until 10. Looking forward to watching it tonight!

NOW, 2 weeks until Game of Thrones! Woot!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They are all already infected.

If they die, they will turn. I don't know why a walker bite is any different than being splattered with walker blood, however. Unless it just causes rapid infection which hastens their death.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Who was the guy in the woods in the red hoodie? Wasn't he the one killed at the trucking company's fenced in yard?
He may be more than that. It seems to me that if I were shadowing someone, it would be really nice to have something bright and easily visible out there to use as a distraction.

Really good finale. Could have done without Gabriel--they only seem to remember he's around when they want a really overwrought scene.

Now onto the last episodes of Mad Men!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Remember the cannibals eating tainted meat. They weren't going to turn...guess it is like tideengineer stated, they are all infected already. This is why I can't wait for the prequel to get some answers on how this all started.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
They are all already infected.

If they die, they will turn. I don't know why a walker bite is any different than being splattered with walker blood, however. Unless it just causes rapid infection which hastens their death.
Don't they turn just when they are bitten....before they even can die?

I thought it had to do with the blood getting into your system.

Rick was directly under that walker and the amount of blood that splashed down was significant.

OK I know sometimes you have to have creative license but this aspect (infection process) seems like it should be a huge part of the series.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Remember the cannibals eating tainted meat. They weren't going to turn...guess it is like tideengineer stated, they are all infected already. This is why I can't wait for the prequel to get some answers on how this all started.
The terminus people? Was that meat they ate from walkers or from uninfected humans?

Why did they rush to amputate Herschel's leg when he was bitten?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Don't they turn just when they are bitten....before they even can die?

I thought it had to do with the blood getting into your system.

Rick was directly under that walker and the amount of blood that splashed down was significant.

OK I know sometimes you have to have creative license but this aspect (infection process) seems like it should be a huge part of the series.
You don't die from the infection, you die from the fever. Think of it as rabies on steroids.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
From the reviews I've read, a lot of people seem to be upset that there wasn't a showdown with The Wolves. Why? We hadn't even been introduced to them until the first few minutes of this episode. How could we have had a showdown if we hadn't even seen who they were?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
From the reviews I've read, a lot of people seem to be upset that there wasn't a showdown with The Wolves. Why? We hadn't even been introduced to them until the first few minutes of this episode. How could we have had a showdown if we hadn't even seen who they were?

Some are never satisfied.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
You don't die from the infection, you die from the fever. Think of it as rabies on steroids.
Remember it was Bob who was already going through transformation/fever.
Yeah but how do you get the fever? Isn't it transferred through blood.....or is it stuck on the walker's teeth somehow and comes off in your wound when they bite you?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Yeah but how do you get the fever? Isn't it transferred through blood.....or is it stuck on the walker's teeth somehow and comes off in your wound when they bite you?
from http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies

The zombie pathogen itself is not lethal, and the zombie "infection" occurs due to high concentrations of antibiotic-resistant bacteria found in zombies, especially in their mouths. In the Walking Dead universe, every human being on the planet is believed to be infected, suggesting the disease is airborne or waterborne.
Also:

Zombie bites are not necessarily fatal because of the zombie pathogen, but rather the unsanitary nature of their mouths due to diet and decomposition. Scratches cause similar infections for similar reasons. While zombie scratches and clawing rarely cause fatal infections, the deep gouges left by zombie bites are almost always fatal; death can potentially be avoided if the bite is on an appendage, which then must be amputated immediately after the bite. However, this does not always work, and bites on main parts of the body, or on veins or arteries are always fatal. Even if an amputation proves successful at removing the infection, blood loss is also extremely dangerous with deep bites.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Remember it was Bob who was already going through transformation/fever.
OK thanks Red Star - I think that explains what is happening - it's a bacteria that is prominent in their mouths and fingernails. Not necessarily in the blood. Thanks again...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I find it odd that a Zombie Bite can apparently penetrate skin, flesh, bones all in one bite, but darryl can behead 3 with one chain......all of their power must be in their mouth.....

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I find it odd that a Zombie Bite can apparently penetrate skin, flesh, bones all in one bite, but darryl can behead 3 with one chain......all of their power must be in their mouth.....

They also can just step on their heads and smash them. I think it also depends on how long they have been a Zombie and how much they have deteriorated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.