The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
i found it interesting that Carol lied and called herself the den mother and that she missed Ed.
I said the same thing. Carol lied about almost everything in her interview.

I also found it entertaining how Daryl bucked the system the entire episode yet his feelings were hurt when Rick and Michonne were made cops and he was left without a job. This was one of those episodes that seemed uneventful on the surface but really gave a lot of insight to the state of Alexandria and the people within, including the core group.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Can I ask for a change in this thread?

For 5 seasons the show has differed greatly from the comics. Many of the same characters, some of the same scenarios but different enough that the comic never really spoiled the show or if it did it was only minor. Now, I hear (bc I haven't read them) that the show and the comics are getting much much closer. For those of us that didn't read the comics, can the comic readers please leave out the spoilers? Maybe start another thread with spoilers and keep this one without?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Can I ask for a change in this thread?

For 5 seasons the show has differed greatly from the comics. Many of the same characters, some of the same scenarios but different enough that the comic never really spoiled the show or if it did it was only minor. Now, I hear (bc I haven't read them) that the show and the comics are getting much much closer. For those of us that didn't read the comics, can the comic readers please leave out the spoilers? Maybe start another thread with spoilers and keep this one without?
Honestly they've never been that different. A few characters live longer, a few shorter, and a few either do or don't exist in both worlds. FWIW, I've read them all and I don't see anything that would be considered a spoiler in this thread, so you can rest easy.

I will say that they're on roughly issue 68 of the comics out of 137, so I'm not sure if this show will ever end. And I highly recommend reading the comics, they're all online for free and they're absolutely worth the read. The two worlds are different enough that you can read the comics and not feel like the show has been spoiled. I'm constantly surprised by what the show throws at me. (Terminus didn't exist in the comics and that was a major plot point in the show.)

I say this not to be flippant about what you said. No one should post spoilers because that ruins the fun. I say that to tell you to rest easy. Nothing I've seen recently spoils anything, although I'll go back and look again just to make sure.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Honestly they've never been that different. A few characters live longer, a few shorter, and a few either do or don't exist in both worlds. FWIW, I've read them all and I don't see anything that would be considered a spoiler in this thread, so you can rest easy.

I will say that they're on roughly issue 68 of the comics out of 137, so I'm not sure if this show will ever end. And I highly recommend reading the comics, they're all online for free and they're absolutely worth the read. The two worlds are different enough that you can read the comics and not feel like the show has been spoiled. I'm constantly surprised by what the show throws at me. (Terminus didn't exist in the comics and that was a major plot point in the show.)

I say this not to be flippant about what you said. No one should post spoilers because that ruins the fun. I say that to tell you to rest easy. Nothing I've seen recently spoils anything, although I'll go back and look again just to make sure.
I've avoided the comics specifically because of how much I like the show. Once the show runs its course, or falls apart and loses my interest I will read the comics. I have them all here as I've bought them all for my daughter.

I keep hearing that Aaron is straight out of the comics (pun intended) and someone in this thread already mentioned a parallel with the congress women (I stopped reading the comment) . My daughter was telling me that the show and the comics have never been closer. So I am proactively asking for us to figure out a way limit the spoilers

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I said the same thing. Carol lied about almost everything in her interview.

I also found it entertaining how Daryl bucked the system the entire episode yet his feelings were hurt when Rick and Michonne were made cops and he was left without a job. This was one of those episodes that seemed uneventful on the surface but really gave a lot of insight to the state of Alexandria and the people within, including the core group.
I think Carol wants the people in the safe zone to think she is harmless and therefore let their guard down with her. I think it is a brilliant strategy.

As for Daryl, I think he is still devastated from losing Beth and is now upset because he fears losing this family. He made me sad!

I loved the entire episode and plan to watch it again today!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I think Carol wants the people in the safe zone to think she is harmless and therefore let their guard down with her. I think it is a brilliant strategy.

As for Daryl, I think he is still devastated from losing Beth and is now upset because he fears losing this family. He made me sad!

I think you are exactly right about Carol. This is explains why she appeared so awkward trying to set her guns down when they were turning their guns in.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
i found it interesting that Carol lied and called herself the den mother and that she missed Ed.

I litterally laughed when when she was talking about that. My husband was watching with me and he doesn't know her background. I just turned to him and shook my head. Lol

I loved how they are paying homage to the first seasons, with Rick shaving and cutting his hair. and with Rick and Carl fighting those walkers by themselves. Almost like they "starting" over.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Daryl seemed more disgusted that Rick and Michonne were made cops. I don't think he was hurt at all. He was angry.

Carol is just playing it safe. She doesn't trust them at all. Her awkward handing over guns thing was just funny. She may have overplayed that.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Daryl seemed more disgusted that Rick and Michonne were made cops. I don't think he was hurt at all. He was angry.

Carol is just playing it safe. She doesn't trust them at all. Her awkward handing over guns thing was just funny. She may have overplayed that.

yeah, she sure is a "people person" :biggrin:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Just saw this episode last night. The two guys who took Glen and the others on a "dry run" are going to create big problems for the group. Daryl needs to take a shower maybe he will feel better. Carol is one smart "den mother".

HELENKELLERMRI

1st Team
Apr 19, 2008
The Shoals
I'm thinking the teenage girl that was sneaking out is a scout for Negans crew. Her comics were about wolves. When they were in Noahs hometown there were signs saying the wolves are near. I also think she was looking at the guys when they were entering the gate. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.