The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I have to admit, while some of the brainless things the characters on the show do (or don't do) drive me a little bit insane, it's really interesting how the writers are showing us the psychologies of those who remain, and how tenuously they grasp onto sanity in this world so completely overrun with hopelessness. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems the character development has leaped forward in the last few episodes.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Maybe it's the Soldier coming out of me but it seems like they could have found a more defensible location to hunker down at. A mansion on the side of a hill or mountain. And I too would be scavenging for guns, ammo, and fortifications (barbed wire, sandbags, building materials).

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Maybe it's the Soldier coming out of me but it seems like they could have found a more defensible location to hunker down at. A mansion on the side of a hill or mountain. And I too would be scavenging for guns, ammo, and fortifications (barbed wire, sandbags, building materials).
I'd be hitting all the local gun stores, not for guns and ammo that would all be gone by now. But customers lists, sales and fed records. They've got the time, go back plot out the biggest customers on a map and hit their houses to raid their arsenal. A large percentage of these guys certainly didn't make it through the first few days of the apocalypse. If they are like a few friends of mine they have pretty large caches of guns and ammo.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I pick Jon for my team.

Grabbing the 4473s is genius.
so you want step 2?

After the gun and ammo roundup I'm on to the local mormon churches, why? Their records of course, next map is the mormon homes for this

Many outside the Church may find this practice a bit odd, or it may seem as if members are a little paranoid, but members are reminded:
The counsel to have a year's supply of food, clothing, and other necessary items is wise counsel for several reasons. A disaster such as a flood, an earthquake, or a snowstorm could hit a city or an entire region, cutting off roads and making it impossible for food and other items to be transported to the markets. Political unrest or strikes by truckers, shippers, or rail workers could interfere with the transport of foods. Other types of disasters, such as famine resulting from drought, hurricanes, floods, and even wars, have occurred in many countries and could occur again. When such disasters affect the entire community, food and other supplies often cannot be obtained, even if money is available. A family can also experience an emergency in the form of illness or unemployment that results in a lack of income, making it necessary to rely on home storage" (The Latter-day Saint Woman, 25:214).
How are members supposed to start their food storage? Church leaders suggest beginning with the basic needs. For one adult for one year it is suggested that there be 400 pounds of grains, 60 pounds of legumes, 16 pounds of powdered milk, 10 quarts of cooking oil, 60 pounds of sugar or honey, 8 pounds salt and fourteen gallons of water (this amount of water will only last two weeks). While these basics are a good start, experts also suggest storing other items, specifically the items that your family will eat, since you are supposed to use what you store. For example, if a family has a small baby, or the mother is pregnant, it would also be wise to include baby food and baby formula.
http://www.mormonwiki.com/Food_Storage

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If I met a guy during the zombie apocalypse and he told me he was a scientist and he had a mullet, I would have trouble believing he could tie his shoes much less be a scientist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.