The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Rick went too far, but he and Carol are the only two who get it, imo. The others want to believe so badly that Alexandria means civilization that they're ignoring the obvious...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The thing is, Rick is right (even though his execution is off) and Shane was right way back when.

Something really bad is obviously about to visit the group. The Alexandrian way of life is doomed to failure. Deanna is a classical politician. Politics works when you have civilization. And while some of these folks want civilization really bad, they ain't got it. Not even close. They need Rick. They need Carol. They need Sasha. They need a surgeon too, but, he's living on borrowed time if he can't get his act together.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I've heard more complaining these past 2 years about this show than I ever thought would happen.

Not sure why people are so unhappy with the show......the best 42 minutes on TV by far!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I've heard more complaining these past 2 years about this show than I ever thought would happen.

Not sure why people are so unhappy with the show......the best 42 minutes on TV by far!
Agree!!

I think it will be Pete who finally gets it next week or maybe Aiden. I don't think Rick's group will see a fatality. I think any "invasion" happens at or right outside the walls of Alexandria and then the group hits the road again.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I agree guys, and I don't understand what people want. It's either:

"RICK SHOULD STOP PLAYING FARMER AND START TAKING CONTROL!"

then a few episodes later...

"RICK SHOULD STOP BEING SO CONTROLLING AND START BEING MORE PASSIVE!"
or

"THERE AREN'T ENOUGH ZOMBIE KILLS FOR MY LIKING, THESE EPISODES ARE TOO SLOW!"

and then a few episodes later...

"THEY'RE FOCUSING TOO MUCH ON ACTION AND NOT ENOUGH ON STORYTELLING!"
Everyone wants it both ways. It doesn't seem to matter which direction the story goes, people just want to get on the internet and tell everyone how mad they are. 2/3rds of the comments in this thread are just people complaining. It's really old.

Last edited:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

or

Everyone wants it both ways. It doesn't seem to matter which direction the story goes, people just want to get on the internet and tell everyone how mad they are. 2/3rds of the comments in this thread are just people complaining. It's really old.
I believe everyone can agree that the season went by too fast. I know AMC splits the season into two parts, but it just seems to get heated up and then.........ah man got to wait until the fall..............

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Agree!!

I think it will be Pete who finally gets it next week or maybe Aiden. I don't think Rick's group will see a fatality. I think any "invasion" happens at or right outside the walls of Alexandria and then the group hits the road again.
Not trying to spoil anything, but Aiden already "got" it -- are you talking about that other guy that Glenn is "trying to save"?

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006

or

I don't think anyone is "mad" but the writing has suffered the past couple of seasons. Just my opinion, but I think the current writers have tried getting too "artsy-fartsy" and have the characters have these lengthy conversations about what happened, why it happened, what are the future implications, what are the ethical ramifications, blah, blah, blah.

Come on, I just don't see people in those situations having these deep philosophical conversations on a regular basis.

It's still a good show but it could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.