The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Let me see if I understand what is going on. Negan and his followers left Rick and his remaining group, less Darryl, where they were with the camper and told them he would return in a week for his tribute from them.

The obvious question is why in the hell wouldn't the group load up and put a week's distance between themselves and Negan? Am I missing something here? Darryl is being held captive, Glenn and Abraham are dead; he has Rosita, Maggie, Sasha, Eugene and Coral to resist Negan and his thugs. Are they all stupid? Why not leave and hide out until they can find another group and then return in force? It may be the apocalypse, but it ain't rocket surgery.
Because Negan has effectively divided the crew in what to do, and has broken Rick.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Let me see if I understand what is going on. Negan and his followers left Rick and his remaining group, less Darryl, where they were with the camper and told them he would return in a week for his tribute from them.

The obvious question is why in the hell wouldn't the group load up and put a week's distance between themselves and Negan? Am I missing something here? Darryl is being held captive, Glenn and Abraham are dead; he has Rosita, Maggie, Sasha, Eugene and Coral to resist Negan and his thugs. Are they all stupid? Why not leave and hide out until they can find another group and then return in force? It may be the apocalypse, but it ain't rocket surgery.
because they stopped doing anything remotely intelligent somewhere around season 5? Seriously, when was the last time this group made a good choice?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I told my friend during the episode that I'd hate it for Darryl, but buh-bye...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
because they stopped doing anything remotely intelligent somewhere around season 5? Seriously, when was the last time this group made a good choice?
all last season was nothing but bad decision after bad decision. they just up and decided to kill Negan and his gang without doing any research work at all. they didn't even bother to ask "say how many men does Negan have?" so these hilltop idiots didn't know that Negan has several hundred people in his group?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
all last season was nothing but bad decision after bad decision. they just up and decided to kill Negan and his gang without doing any research work at all. they didn't even bother to ask "say how many men does Negan have?" so these hilltop idiots didn't know that Negan has several hundred people in his group?
it, and the dumpster is why I stopped watching and now why i'm following the show on this thread for now

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

If they were all about to get their throats slashed by the terminus people now...I would have no faith they would get out alive.

Last edited:

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

Here's my logic against that course.
1) With Maggie's illness/complications, she is a liability on a road trip. And, who knows when they might run into a doctor? As it is, she's headed to the hill top, where there is known medical help. This means the group is down at least one more member as someone needs to assist her. So do you take Maggie with or not?
2) What route to take? Whatever route they originally took to get to Alexandria is out; no friendlies that way. Who knows the extent of Negan's reach in whatever other direction they take? Who knows that he doesn't have some lookouts with radios keeping tabs on the group as they leave?
3) How far do they have to go to find enough people to fight Negan? What's their recruiting pitch to said people?
4) Say they do build a bigger group and come back. How many people does Negan have? What's his location? Rick sure doesn't know.
5) Unless I've missed something, Negan isn't coming back to that clearing in a week, he's coming to Alexandria. If Rick's group high-tails it, they're writing off the inhabitants of Alexandria. They are also possibly writing off Daryl. And, if they decided not to take Maggie with them, then they're written her off because Negan knows about the hill top too.
6) If they're leaving immediately, I don't think they have a lot of supplies on hand.

To me, if they're going to bug out of that area it should be with no expectations of returning anytime soon and with the knowledge that people they know and/or care about will die, or at least be severely handled because of their decision of leaving.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Abandon Judith and everyone else in Alexandria. Seems legit.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Please tell me that we get a back story on Negan. That is a filler episode that I would love.
My guess is Negan will be around for a very long time, probably too long. I would think in the coming year or next, we get the back story. That cell Morgan built will serve a purpose and my guess is Negan ends up in it so maybe once he is there he will reflect/dream or tell his tale to someone.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My guess is Negan will be around for a very long time, probably too long. I would think in the coming year or next, we get the back story. That cell Morgan built will serve a purpose and my guess is Negan ends up in it so maybe once he is there he will reflect/dream or tell his tale to someone.
It all depends if Jeffrey dean Morgan wants to do it. He usually likes to keep his characters very memorable and something that doesn't get old. So I figure he will probably stay on while negan is getting entertaining roles in the story.

On a side note, I think it's funny how most people are reacting to the death(s) when the source material basically has made it clear that very few main characters are safe. It's like the folks that went into game of thrones totally blind, but I think game of thrones made it brutally clear from the start that the source material is to be followed as close as possible and most got fans have pretty much made it through the last 3 seasons pretty well. But then again the fake out death scene with the dumpster and Negan's first victim probably lowered folks guard enough to make it come as a suprise, but again the character was still going to be on borrowed time from then on out.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The thing to do is to make nice for now and assassinate Negan when you get the chance. A bullet in the brain ends it. I don't know how a guy like that commands hundreds of people through fear alone. At some point, somebody with nothing more to lose puts an end to it. But this is going to drag on for longer than makes sense.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
But this is going to drag on for longer than makes sense.
Hopefully it drags on long enough for Negan to get in some of his best quotes (and long enough for me is forever). That's the main reason he had to get rid of Abraham.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The thing to do is to make nice for now and assassinate Negan when you get the chance. A bullet in the brain ends it. I don't know how a guy like that commands hundreds of people through fear alone. At some point, somebody with nothing more to lose puts an end to it. But this is going to drag on for longer than makes sense.
maybe negan could get accidentally eaten by a tiger?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Disconcerting is definitely the feeling of the episode.

My question is, will the show kill off Negan by the season finale or will they keep him a part of the show moving forward? (Apparently people within TWD/AMC thinks this show can go for 10-12 years and they say they have storylines to take it that long.)

Couple of things to look forward to this season:

1. King Ezekiel (Khary Payton) and his pet tiger Shiva.
2. Seeing Carol and Morgan get involved with Ezekiel (if the rumors are true) and how that tie into the overall story. You know Hilltop/Alexandria/Kingdom alliance against the Negan and the Saviors.
3. Seeing the return of Jesus/Rovia. He was my favorite new character introduced.
4. Seeing if the rumors of "The Whiserpers" intro this season comes into fruition.

Sucks that Glenn is gone. So many of the Originals are gone that only Rick, Carl, Daryl (from S1) remain.

With that said, I love and hate that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a pretty convincing Negan, minus the cussing. Because he was so menacing, he didn't need to cuss like his comic book counterpart to get his point across. Very upsetting. So great season is upon us.
Are you really asking? Or are you just talking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.