Who Replaces Chizik?

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Will Auburn fire Chizik or is Dye right? Do you think Mullen could end up a canidate for the job or even Texas ? I know mullen hasn't proven anything in one season but he is at Miss st, Money talks what do yall think? ROLL TIDE:BigA:

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Maybe they will keep it all in the fambly and promote CTT. I don't want them to change too much.:biggrin:

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Keeping him awhile longer suits me too and they have got there 2nd national Championship and they do have another 50 yrs to get too 3.

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
How many of these threads can we start?
I'm not sure, but I am hoping we can keep the jokes to a minimum and have a serious discussion. I have heard a few more realistic names in the past two days than I had before Saturday's loss. Many were saying Gruden, Patterson, Petersen, etc. as a pie in the sky wants. However, I heard on Sunday night and read on a board today where a few tossed the idea of Rhoads coming back as the coach and others liked the idea of Solich out of Ohio U. I don't know if Rhoads would come back, but he might consider it given enough monetary incentive.

Solich makes some sense given this season's success the Bobcats have had so far and last year's 10 win season. Additionally, he upgraded Ohio's athletic facilities once he got there. He also directed the 1999 and 2001 Nebraska teams, which were both darn good. He has more mid-west ties being from Ohio and having gone to Nebraska but who's to say he might not try and coach big time football again?

Of course this all relies on the PTB at *U wanting to can Chiznik after this season and going after those two.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I'm not sure, but I am hoping we can keep the jokes to a minimum and have a serious discussion. I have heard a few more realistic names in the past two days than I had before Saturday's loss. Many were saying Gruden, Patterson, Petersen, etc. as a pie in the sky wants. However, I heard on Sunday night and read on a board today where a few tossed the idea of Rhoads coming back as the coach and others liked the idea of Solich out of Ohio U. I don't know if Rhoads would come back, but he might consider it given enough monetary incentive.

Solich makes some sense given this season's success the Bobcats have had so far and last year's 10 win season. Additionally, he upgraded Ohio's athletic facilities once he got there. He also directed the 1999 and 2001 Nebraska teams, which were both darn good. He has more mid-west ties being from Ohio and having gone to Nebraska but who's to say he might not try and coach big time football again?

Of course this all relies on the PTB at *U wanting to can Chiznik after this season and going after those two.
Sorry to say "ridiculous", but here goes.....ridiculous. Here's the deal: The people who have the power to fire the coach, are the reason they can't win. The players clearly see that Chizik has no power, so he has no power over them. As my dad says. "they're stewing in their own juices". Why do you think they keep getting coaches like Chizik, Tubby, & tiny Terry? No one worth a crap is going to take a job where people like Dye, Lowder, Rayne are calling all the shots. Do people really think John Gruden would last more than 1 day down there? In his first verbal confrontation with Lowder or Dye, how far up their rear ends do you think Gruden would tell then to stick their opinions? He might last about as long as a Kim Kardashian marriage.

And by ridiculous, i don't mean your post....I mean all the people that think Auburn has any realistic shot at changing their fate unless they change their mindset as far as the BOT jerks.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I don't think they will make a change.

Now if the same thing happens again next year, he could be gone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.