TE Arshad Jackson / Official Auburn Decommitment Thread

JBAMMER334

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2012
Prattville, Al
Idk if its already been posted on here somewhere but the first player to jump ship for the barn is 6'6 230 TE Arshad Jackson, i think this is only one of many to come

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Re: TE Arshad Jackson De-Commits From Auburn

I saw that, but it had a "I wanted to be the one to tell, not my friends" feel to it.
For me, it had a reporter jumped the gun on twitter without confirming anything (again) feel to it IMO. Journalism integrity was already going down the toilet for years but, Twitter has filled the septic tank in record time. Reporter hears something from the friend of a recruit and doesn't try to confirm it, just tweets away. That's what I call reporter scum. Then other news sites pick it up and run with it, no one ever thinks to try and confirm anything these days. There really is no honor left in the news/journalism industry.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

This may be the first crack in the dam which will probably get a lot larger as Auburn football disintegrates culminating in a drubbing in the Iron Bowl -- again

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

With the list of schools who have offered him, he would be a fool to stick with *U.
None of those schools (Florida State, Tennessee, Arkansas and Clemson) are in stable situations other than FSU, though. Arkansas is definitively bringing in a new coaching staff, Tennessee is about 50/50 and Clemson is only a couple of bad losses away.

Unless there is just something special about Auburn to this kid, he should jump to FSU today. (I wonder if his FSU offer is commitable.)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

For me, it had a reporter jumped the gun on twitter without confirming anything (again) feel to it IMO. Journalism integrity was already going down the toilet for years but, Twitter has filled the septic tank in record time. Reporter hears something from the friend of a recruit and doesn't try to confirm it, just tweets away. That's what I call reporter scum. Then other news sites pick it up and run with it, no one ever thinks to try and confirm anything these days. There really is no honor left in the news/journalism industry.

Malarkey.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al

AHAHAH we're gonna start hearing "ABANDON SHIP ABANDON SHIP" HHAHAHA too funny:biggrin:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

None of those schools (Florida State, Tennessee, Arkansas and Clemson) are in stable situations other than FSU, though. Arkansas is definitively bringing in a new coaching staff, Tennessee is about 50/50 and Clemson is only a couple of bad losses away.

Unless there is just something special about Auburn to this kid, he should jump to FSU today. (I wonder if his FSU offer is commitable.)
With the exception of Arkansas, none of his offers come from schools in the tank like Auburn. They also have pretty decent reputations as institutions, too. Even Tennessee. haha

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

M Blakely and E Florence have left the team according to different news sources and twitter today. The ship is sinking fast and hope we get the life boat over there for Liner quickly.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I read where Erique Florence didn't make the trip to Vandy. This is very interesting news. Tide Warrior, you are delivering Christmas gifts mighty early! Thanks!

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Scott Griffin is with a radio station in BHam I believe.

Brian @BSBHVR2
According to a source of Scott Griffin's, Enrique Florence and Mike Blakely have quit the Auburn football team.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Scott Griffin is with a radio station in BHam I believe.

Brian @BSBHVR2
According to a source of Scott Griffin's, Enrique Florence and Mike Blakely have quit the Auburn football team.
Wow!

If true, this would open the floodgates.........but I doubt that it is valid!:cool:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.